Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

otend
Jan 18, 2016

Woden posted:

AMD: They're making worse and worse processors, have nothing left to sell off and only get money from console sales.

if AI/Polaris doesn't pan out, they're kinda boned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otend
Jan 18, 2016

BigBoss posted:

They had a new EIC come over from Vogue or something and try and push the magazine "upscale" and "millennial". She got shitcanned last month after a magazine that is given away for free saw declining circulation. That happens a lot with media and marketing. People in that industry get trapped in a bubble. They forget that 99% of their audience aren't trust fund Oberlin grads like them. They're bros from Iowa who work at Shoneys and love the UFC.

isn't shoneys a company that circled the drain a decade and a half ago? i remember one or two existing around here before they entirely vanished from the area

otend
Jan 18, 2016

Booblord Zagats posted:

Plus MadCatz has always been terrible, I had a MadCatz PS2 controller that was punishment for people who kept doing cheap combos in MvC

ironically, their actual fighting game controllers have a pretty decent reputation

would that be irony? i dunno

otend
Jan 18, 2016

Happy Bear Suit posted:

5 guys burgers and fries is going to be the next bubble

where i live they are all of a sudden popping up everywhere all over the place. $35 burger meals for 2 isnt gonna be a thing for very long.

theyre gonna go the way of krispy kreme, calling it right now.

closer to $25 for 2 here. note: if you get an order of fries for each person, you are doing something wrong somewhere

otend
Jan 18, 2016

vyst posted:

Or you are the average obese American

i am the average obese american, and even i can't fit a burger and small order of fries into me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otend
Jan 18, 2016

Y-Hat posted:

you don't have to ditch utorrent entirely, just use an older version of it

you don't HAVE to, sure, but it'd still be recommended to use a different program entirely for reasons involving it never being patched for exploits

unless, of course, you somehow have a giant business built on torrenting and would need to upgrade and transition like 200 computers to deluge or something