Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BigBoss posted:

There are a lot of people who still like physical media. Hell, records are acoustically the worst possible way to hear music and people still use them.

Actually, they sound much warmer and more life-like than digital audio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BigBoss posted:

Sometimes it's too easy.

:hfive:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Not only was it released, it was released unfinished with a ton of missing features. It was garbage.

Haha but enough about your DNA :fry:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Why does her office look like a college dorm room? Yeah yeah Silicon Valley and all that but who can get anything done in that clutter

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

She doesn't "do" things she's an executive

This will make me unpopular but the handful of executives I've encountered in a work environment were nonstop busy...like come into the office on Sundays busy. Busy enough to justify their salary? Probably not but it left me w respect for their work ethic

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

a happy snowman posted:

That's the Google fratboy sorority girl / 'creatives' at stuffy companies thing.

At Google, when I went into the buildings, everyone was just out of Stanford and kept decorating their cubes like college dorms.

Also, there's a whole lot of talking heads that speak of the value of play and creativity and those things on a shelf are good 'signifiers' of how creative you are and how you can break the rules and change culture yadda yadda. That's the whole reason for foosball and Segways.

I bet she painstakingly arranged that small bookshelf for hours and hours, and if you picked up one thing to look at it, as soon as you left the office she'd rush to put it right back into it's perfectly curated position.

I've never been anywhere near any Californian tech company but i thought "urban chic" was the aesthetic du jour. Kinda like:

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pondex posted:

Why is everyone hip running after that rough industrial look? I mean every single hipster foodstand/brewery/artisinal whatever startup has that leather apron/brick wall/reclaimed lumber look.

Is it some kind of blue-collar respectability they're hoping to project?

Idk i kinda like it...the first one at least.

This one just seems half-assed though

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

FishionMailed posted:

Last night I got on my gf's Windows 10 PC and hit the Start button and said 'hey where's the search box?' and she said 'idk there isn't one you gotta just open File Explorer and search from there.'

That alone makes Windows 10 retarded as gently caress. And even if there is a search box somewhere and my gf just missed it, then it's stupid that they made it so obfuscated (which is their favorite pastime wrt the control panel settings so maybe that's intentional).

I thikn you just hit the windows key and start typing. Perhaps a bit too slick but the search function itself is pretty good

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

bradzilla posted:

Nope. Have you ever been in an office?

Yah all the cool offices use a laptop-docking thing instead of a desktop

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Entropic posted:

"Hugh Hefner's 24-year-old son, Cooper,"

lol

Hef is like 90. How weird must it be for your whole existence to be the result of creepiness.

He looks like poo poo for 24...goddamn

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Its important to listen to radio in order to keep up w what's hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Amazon makes plenty of money they just use creative accounting practices to make it look like they never turn a profit