Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

BlackBerry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

there is a constitutional requirement for the government to run a postal service

They could pull a Canada Post, which is on it's way to eliminating door-to-door delivery nationwide in favour of communal mailboxes.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Who will come out on top of the food delivery services?

Toronto has:

Just Eat
Skip the Dishes
Uber Eats
GrubHub
and more I don't know about

I liked being able to get takeout from smaller niche restaurants, but now that they're all spread around 4+ services it's not that convenient. It's crazy.

There's this thing called Favor that pissed off a couple of local Toronto restaurants by offering their menus without permission. They deliver poo poo like McDonald's too :lol: And there's also Hurrier, which recently rebranded as foodora for some reason.:laffo: Considering Just Eat just absorbed OrderIt I imagine most of these delivery services are not long for this world.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

shadowvine118 posted:

Traditionally only pizza and Chinese places have delivery in the US, maybe some sub places, too.

It's been years since I've had food delivered to my place, most of the decent restaurants in my area don't deliver, or my house is not within the range of their deliveries.

In Canada you can get those, also KFC, and rotisserie chicken(Swiss Chalet.) And Mr. Sub, which sucks.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Captain Yossarian posted:

I actually stopped at a k Mart here because of this thread. A car crashed through the front doors months ago, and instead of fixing it, they have a plywood "wall" with a door set in it lol

because why the gently caress would you fix a k-mart?

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

Nutsngum posted:

Simply amazing that a basically billion dollar company could be effectively ruined overnight by one man's idiocy and ego.

Im not surprised at all but still amazed.

"The internet is worthless." A moron said this in the 21st century. Holy gently caress. I wonder how much Carl Icahn wanted to kill himself after realizing what a moron Jim Keyes was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

some rear end in a top hat: walmart sucks

some other rear end in a top hat: nuh uh

continue for 20 loving pageseternity