Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I predict that Barnes&Noble will be gone by 2020 or possibly sooner.

The Nook brand might stick around after the fact, but owned by Google or MS or Apple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The Gay Bean posted:

There's something about the rise of Uber I don't understand.

1. Taxis but with ~smartphones~

What I like about stuff like Uber/Lyft is that you can call a car and then you know where the car you've called is and you can instantly see it, on the map, making it's way towards you. Which is a vast improvement over the traditional taxi model of calling and hoping they might eventually show up.

also with Lyft you can tip them which I like.

Borders has already been gone for like 3-4 years now.

Earwicker has a new favorite as of 08:05 on Feb 3, 2016

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

didn't a bunch of chain restaurants already have a bunch of severe e. coli problems that killed a bunch of people but are still around? I feel like the whole Chipotle thing is just a repeat of something that happened in the 90's with like jack in the box and some kind of salad place