Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Sears stores. The one closest to my house is two two gigantic floors. The first floor has tons of women's clothing, makeup, purses, shoes, accessories, etc. It has a very tiny men's clothing section. Then a medium sized craftsman tool section -way smaller than the women's clothing section.

The second floor is a whole bunch of kids clothing, a few random pieces of furniture, mattresses, random appliances, and overpriced televisions.

Nobody is ever in there shopping. Definitely more employees than customers at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

Just not this year..

Mozi posted:

IT'S JUST A PAIR OF SCISSORS.

I can tell you why this happens.

I have sold a lot of things on Amazon. Go look at any item that you can buy from any vendor other than amazon.com. Chances are, you'll take a quick peek at their rating as based upon reviews by other users. The only way to get those reviews is by sending out the emails like you quoted.

See, I said I have sold a lot of things on Amazon, but I only have like 3 reviews. So what happens is I have to price things I sell much lower than the competition, because buyers will assume I'm less reliable because nobody has reviewed me. Furthermore, Amazon was holding funds for some TVs that I sold until the buyer verified that they received their TVs. When I asked why, it was because I didn't have enough reviews proving I was not a scammer. The customer service rep specifically told me that I should send emails like you quoted, basically harassing the buyer into giving me a review.

I tried a couple times, never got reviews, and gave up on selling on Amazon. gently caress that model. Nobody wants to leave a review when they're being harassed to.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

Just not this year..

Darth123123 posted:

Why are you selling tvs on Amazon and not at work?

Why would I sell TVs at work?

edit: If that was supposed to be a sick burn because you think I work in retail, I don't :ssh:

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

Just not this year..

WescottF1 posted:

Car and Driver just did a comparo on the 6, Accord, Camry, and a Chevy (can't remember if it's the Malibu or Impala). The 6 came in a solid first with America's favorite Camry dead last.

Can you really believe reviews by magazines that literally take money and free cars to spin positive reviews for car companies?

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

Just not this year..

DOOP posted:

Someone tell me who are the good car companies and who are the bad ones tia

Almost all cars are reliable if you take even just average care of it - ie adhering to some or most of the routine maintenance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

Just not this year..

Chauncey posted:

Sorry about your rear quarter rust.

This is so true. I have an 03 Ram 1500 and an 06 Charger. I know all about rear quarter rust. Both vehicles rusting in the exact same places, the truck 3 years rustier than the car.

However, both of the Hemi engines run like champs. The transmissions are both great, too. The Charger has had a bunch of front suspension issues, however, and the truck some steering issues. Overall I'd buy again if they made an AWD Hemi Charger (which as far as I can tell they did for a couple years but not anymore for some reason).