Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
kind of funny how, twitter for example, they had a good idea and scaled it well. but that doesn't mean anything more than they had a good idea and were lucky. and they turn to jack whatshisface as if he has answers, really they're just terrified that people will realize the emperor has no clothes and its all worthless. same as all those other stupid companies. read more of my opinions at my blogspot.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

City of Tampa posted:

chalupas are legit good, so are those mini crunch wraps

they dont have those ghost pepper grillers anymore though, 0/10

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

FishionMailed posted:

Arch Coal is the second largest supplier of coal in the US. Peabody Energy is the largest private sector coal company in the world.

A year ago today Arch Coal was worth $117 a share. Today they are filing for bankruptcy and the share price has slowly declined all year to its current price of $0.70 each.

A year ago today Peabody Energy was worth $109.20 a share, and now it is at $4.56. Again, this isn't just because of the overall market meltdown, the price has been declining all year. Revenues + profits are down.

Maybe there's profit to be made in coal still but the coal companies today are fuckkkkkked.

when we burn coal we burn the fossils and entombed souls of billions of past animals and plants, so good

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Captain Yossarian posted:

I don't use yelp I generally just ask someone I know or alternatively a stranger. "What's good to eat around here?" is a pretty good question to ask

As long as you're OK with the occasional 'deez nuts' response.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
1 star, had a weird look, damp smell and few patrons.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Great thread, 5 stars! I received this thread at a discount in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. I would give an even more unbiased 6 stars if you paid me to read it, though.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Pawn 17 posted:

I want free poo poo in return for my unbiased and honest review of 1 star.

Also I loving hate it that every time I buy something from Amazon, I get an email asking me to give some free advertising in the form of a 5* review. gently caress you!

quote:

Hello [Internet Denizen],

Thank you again for your order of our Professional Scissors!

My name is Frank Garcia, I am one of the owners of Evergreen Art Supply.

We noticed that your order was delivered recently. I just wanted to check and make sure that you're happy with your new scissors. If there are any issues at all, please reply to this message so I can make things right.

We Need Your HELP!
We're a small family business and we rely on your feedback and reviews, without them we wouldn't exist.

What do YOU think of our Scissors? Your review is CRUCIAL to us!
Reviews are a way of letting us and future customers know what you think about our product - Our business relies on your review, so it would be an ENORMOUS help if you could leave one, it only takes a minute and is deeply appreciated. Thank you!

IT'S JUST A PAIR OF SCISSORS.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Bonzo posted:

IBM is laying off a third of their US employees. However it seems that the jobs are just going to Indian and the Philippines.

As someone who has worked in IT for 20 years I hate IBM contractors.

I interned at IBM in Vermont many years ago. Even back then all of the engineers knew that their future was bad. The main conversation was guessing when they were going to get laid off.

Now they are! And there are tons of old engineers looking for jobs who are useless out of the IBM context in which they've existed for decades.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
If Honda made the 2017 CRV exactly like the 2002 CRV except with modern safety features I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
sometimes you need a lot of eyes at once and need to take out an eye loan

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
go write a book about it

vvv my book would be more exciting with more failures and less staring at things

Mozi has a new favorite as of 19:21 on Apr 1, 2016

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
It would probably be the Mile High Bowl or something.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i am cornholio

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
you know that game that's all about putting nails in a stump, then you take a hammer and toss it into the air and catch it and hammer the nail into the stump? i think it's called 'cornholing'

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
hi microsoft i can take the other $40 bil off your hands if you need something to do with it

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
i have to stop reading these threads because my mind gets overtaken by ever more elaborate 'take this job and shove it' fantasies

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
my local mattress place is advertising 0% apr for 5 years

GEE that sounds a lot better than just buying a very nice (and returnable) mattress online for a few hundred bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
suvs are the highest selling kind of car again so i guess so