Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

King Vidiot posted:

Blizzards are loving great, DQ would be fine if it was just a Baskin Robbins that serves its ice cream flavors in soda cups.

Also their chicken strips and flamethrower burgers/chicken sandwiches are alright :shrug:

e: Also watching movies from the 80s on VHS is great because you get to see trailers for 80s movies before the feature.

Dq food is peetty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

reallivedinosaur posted:

Aren't a lot of (all) franchises basically just as predatory and lovely as Quiznos? I've heard the same things about Subway, Five Guys, Chipoltle or whatever other fast food trend is sweeping through mall food courts.
He had a very successful career as a business man (CFO of some company) and was sitting on fat stacks of cash, but mid life crisis hit and he put it all into this Subway franchise, and from what I could tell it was all just so he could say "yes miss, I am the owner.. how about a free footlong beef with extra sauce ;) ;) ;)" to every 15 year old classmate of mine that came in.

In the year and a half I worked there he managed to piss away just about everything and his wife was filing for divorce. I think he managed to find another chump to buy him out of the franchise, because luckily Jared came along and made Subway a hot franchise to own.

Sounds like this guy liked to eat fresh

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I give them maybe 3 years max

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah but that's the point. If it's a tactic that's been super common and obviously beneficial only to senior executives and guaranteed to ruin the stockholder's return, why the gently caress do boards keep appointing these scumbags to run companies.

Look up the board of pretty much any company. Almost 100% of the members are current or former senior executives

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BigBoss posted:

Not a single shooter or stabber was a high paid individual with great career prospects. If things are going well, people tend not to flip their poo poo. I know saying gun control is a red herring bad aid is contrary to popular belief, but it's true. The fundamental reason people go nuts isn't access to guns, its that their lives are not going well.

There was a whole book on this that made a good case.

http://www.amazon.com/Going-Postal-Rebellion-Workplaces-Columbine/dp/1932360824
http://www.alternet.org/story/24796/a_brief_history_of_rage,_murder_and_rebellion

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Wicker Man posted:

One of the mass stabbings in China was specifically by a sexually frustrated man. He chose an elementary school as his target :smith:

if you want to get married and have kids in china you need a whole lot of money or else no woman will even look at you. so it makes sense that he will strike out at the people who have what he will never get

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BigBoss posted:

Not a single shooter or stabber was a high paid individual with great career prospects. If things are going well, people tend not to flip their poo poo. I know saying gun control is a red herring bad aid is contrary to popular belief, but it's true. The fundamental reason people go nuts isn't access to guns, its that their lives are not going well.

USually it's a combination of economic stressors plus personal problems. A lot of these guys have gone through things like multiple deaths in the family in addition to feeling crushed by work and society. Most of them will be at least a little nuts because normal people don't usually question the values of their society.

People thought john brown was an unstable lunatic too, and honestly he was. but he was also right.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

canyoneer posted:

I had an organizational behavior professor who used to say "in the long run, companies get the kind of employees they deserve". Probably true.

There's been some buzz in the US about having the SEC require only annual filings rather than quarterly. That means that companies should hopefully be focused on long term performance rather than hitting their quarterly guidance.

It's funny and sad when you look at studies that show companies performance compared to forecasts. They never have near misses, they either have big misses or they are right on or just over guidance, where you'd expect a normal distribution. That means there is likely some creativity in accounting to " manage" earnings

This is how the Chinese government does ot too, except they're never wrong

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

bradzilla posted:

Laptops and desktops are p much the same though, and literally every office on the planet uses them.

Desktops are cheaper

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
But desktops are the same as laptops except for being cheaper, easier to fix, and harder to steal. And why would that matter?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

bradzilla posted:

Here I made your burrito that is so healthy:

200 calories from fat
23.5g fat total
125mg cholesterol
:eyepop: Sodium 1995mg, more than an entire day's worth
5mg of sugar in a burrito :wtf:
Not pictured: e-coli

drat that's healthy as gently caress

19 ounces is over 500 grams 5 g of sugar in somethign that size is actually really low

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Captain Yossarian posted:

Yeah but that e coli will make you poo poo everything out so honestly it will make you LOSE weight...

This too

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Modest Mao posted:

if consuming a chipotle burrito is having a negative impact to your health you got some serious issues that are arising from more than beans and guac

Yeah like explosive bloody diarrhea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
My motorola is good

But they got bought out by the chinese so their support is going to suck now. And their hardware is getting shittier too