Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the spider in idea, but I don't like the execution because they put invisible walls all over the boss arena to stop you from going behind it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I know everyone likes the dragon god but I thought it sucked.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

I like the spider in idea, but I don't like the execution because they put invisible walls all over the boss arena to stop you from going behind it

:yeah:

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I know everyone likes the dragon god but I thought it sucked.

It seemed cool in theory but he never really attacked me except right at the beginning.

And the spider was kind of cool but yeah they seemed to figure out that circle round behind was the best boss strategy and decided to neuter people who relied on it too heavily.

Also (spoilers for spider) I don't think that was a troll message, one of the spider's melee attacks doesn't hit right in front of it's face

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I took a risk and read the spoiler and it wasn't right in front of the boss, it was off to the side a bit, but really close. I think I have some kind of bow so I guess when I get home I'll upgrade it and buy 200 arrows and plink her to death, which seems super scrubby and not badass... Another note said to use magic but welp.

On the plus side I have a bunch of DEX for some reason (Maybe default for wanderer?) so maybe I should learn to use a bow anyway.

Oh I also got a crushing or smashing battle axe but it requires some weird ore to upgrade it and I need 4. I was hoping those random sack boys that drop 100 ore would drop it but no such luck.

I also have dragonstones but I don't know what they do! I don't know a lot of stuff! I feel like a big retard and I die a lot!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

I feel like a big retard and I die a lot!

Same here

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aston posted:

It seemed cool in theory but he never really attacked me except right at the beginning.

it kept killing me seemingly at random even though i was in the designated hiding spots. i dunno

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You have to keep an eye on his eyes because they will change color if he spots you so even if that triggers and you move to a hiding spot it won't matter

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Oh I forgot, I got annoyed at not having enough strength for my fancy shield, so I bought a heater shield and it seems a billion times better than my metal shield.

I'm not sure if shields are worth upgrading but I did anyway because I had a lot of hard ore from those shield puddings in the castle and the aforementioned sack boys in the mines.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Eventually you give up on shields entirely but it might take a while

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

shields are extremely good in souls games and hiding behind a big shield is very effective when youre still getting used to the game

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Update: killed the armored spider with 85 arrows and it left a sour taste in my mouth but at least it's over. Rest in piss

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Eventually you give up on shields entirely but it might take a while

been there done that. when u achieve true souls enlightenment, youll use whatever you want haha.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The shield thing is really true in 3 where later enemies can guard break you in 2 hits no matter what shield you hav, you're better off just strapping a grass crest to your back

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

been there done that. when u achieve true souls enlightenment, youll use whatever you want haha.

I did powerstanced crypt greatshields on my last time through 2 but I got bored and stopped playing when I got to the dlc.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Last night something shot a blue laser at me so I charged it and it turns out it's a ball of flailing retards, which killed the single flailing retard in two hits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's one of my favorite monster designs in the series

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the mushrooms are mine. hayashida q also likes them because theyre in dorohedoro. or maybe miyazaki got the idea from dorohedoro, whichever came first. anbyway i wept tears of QQ at the dead ones in DS3.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the squidface guards did something horrifying to me but it didn't kill me thank goodness

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Learning this fool's idol fight is taking a while. Hopefully it wasn't a bad idea to kill that guy up above, everyone marked him as "liar" plus he didn't offer me any items or tasks so...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

dromal phrenia posted:

Learning this fool's idol fight is taking a while. Hopefully it wasn't a bad idea to kill that guy up above, everyone marked him as "liar" plus he didn't offer me any items or tasks so...

Keep soldiering on! That fight is a tricky one

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

dromal phrenia posted:

if you didnt kill that dude he fully heals and buffs the boss when youre on the cusp of killing her, over and over until she kills you lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i always loved the 60 messages in front of that guy "KILL" "TRY ATTACKING" "PLEASE"

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

shes dead now and some gargoyle demons helped me for mysterious reasons

I'm not sure where to put my stats so I've got like 20 STR now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

dromal phrenia posted:

shes dead now and some gargoyle demons helped me for mysterious reasons

get used to that .

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm giving Demon's Souls another go and the armored spider kicked my rear end. I'm doing Latria now to try and get some better equipment.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Oh I forgot I got some cool armor and then suddenly my dodge rolls were like a fat guy tripping

Now I'm killing skeletons and trying to chop down a big axe man while 10 assholes shoot at me, not sure where I go next

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

those skeletons are a bunch of assholes

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Demon's Souls 1-4 is kicking my rear end!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Aston posted:

Demon's Souls 1-4 is kicking my rear end!

god help u if you dont one shot the boss :D

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Beat the Armored Spider by hiding behind a rock where its fireballs couldn't hit me and shooting it with 50 arrows. Wandered around the tunnels in 2-2 for a while. It's got a cool atmosphere, but tunnel mazes are stupid, and for some reason all the enemies here take like no damage from my weapon.

This game makes me appreciate Dark Souls 2 a lot more. It feels like a refinement of Demon's Souls, rather than a Dark Souls sequel, and that's pretty cool. Going from Demon's Souls to DS2 seems like it would be really fun.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the tunnel maze was cool dude

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
excuse me for backseat gaming but the reason they dont take much damage is cos they have scales. try stabbing them or hitting them with a blunt weapon

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

the tunnel maze was cool dude
I'll probably like it more when I have Magic Weapon and it doesn't take forever to kill the giant beetles. 2-2 has amazing atmosphere. I got annoyed wandering in circles for half an hour, but when you first start descending and it's this empty claustrophobic tunnel is pretty cool.

Also I'm using a Quality Spear +4, which is supposedly good against scales, but they still take about 19 damage a hit. I have 10 intelligence and magic now, so I'm going to buy Magic Weapon once I have the souls saved up.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ohhh the fire bugs. actually i dont know what theyre weak to either. i thought you were talking about the lizard miners

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'll grab the Mercury Rapier I found in 3-1from my Nexus stash and see if poison helps.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I quite liked 2-2 although I did get extremely lost. Magic Weapon did help a bit but killing the big beetles still takes so long that it wore off before I finished.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I.N.R.I posted:

god help u if you dont one shot the boss :D

Also I had a quick peek at the wiki because I wasn't sure if I was meant to fight the blue dragon or just run past it, and I guess you theoretically can do either but since Soul Arrow does 21 damage and it has 6000 hp I guess I have to get good at timing my runs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Aston posted:

Also I had a quick peek at the wiki because I wasn't sure if I was meant to fight the blue dragon or just run past it, and I guess you theoretically can do either but since Soul Arrow does 21 damage and it has 6000 hp I guess I have to get good at timing my runs

try using the morion blade, clever rat ring, and arrows. it doesnt take so long. u dont even need the morion blade really if you cant be bothered to get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I always skip 2-2, I've only been in the tunnels once in like 10 playthroughs I think

• Locked thread