Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Despite a haunting by Spacepig's doppleganger, the match between Team Calzone and the Mighty Mighty Beeftones was completed.

Game 1
TC - 4: MMBt - 0

Game 2
TC - 5: MMBt - 0

Overall
Calzone 2 - Beeftones 0

Good games

e: Looks like Spacepig posted as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

Mikiya posted:

Goldblums Eyes or Static! is there any way I can contact you besides the forums?
(Discord? Steam? some other way?)

My steam name is mikaay, I'll set up a discord is that's easier. iOS app?

Static! - Psn : mikaaay pst -8

Goldblum's eyes - Psn : ghostgutter cst -6

Team name: Parabnormal Activity

Static! fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 12, 2016

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
So is everyone okay with it being a points based seeding?

3 points of win
0 for loss
1 for overtime loss

Does this work? Obviously we need to know if a game went into overtime to tally that one point.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

e: Nvm, original setup slipped my mind

Strenots fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 12, 2016

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

PAGING GROUP ROUNDHOUSE
Buane
Alexei
Auxiliary Treats/Backup_Snacks
VforVegans
esperterra/{sk}Hits taken:420
fuderyuu/[Me109] PenDragon

y'all ain't got poo poo to do on Friday night, admit it, come and get hosed up by team GNU Jazz!

From like 7 CST to like 10CST. I'll try and remember to be on Discord or we can coordinate on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gnuorder/

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
What? What was wrong with the original rules?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Jamfrost posted:

What? What was wrong with the original rules?

Did we actually agree on something else? I might have missed something.

Edit: vvvvv Ah great. thanks!

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 12, 2016

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

IGgy IGsen posted:

All right, guys! Together with Season 2 of Rocket League, our second Jostlemania season begins as well!

Every team will play every other team over the course of this league, but I put the teams into groups for now. You'll have one week to play all the other teams in said group. After that week you'll get assigned a new group. If consensus should be that this is not enough time we can just extend it.

Firstly, some rules:
We'll compete in best of 3 series.
A won series nets you 3 points.
If you lose the series, but won one game you get one point.

To make a series an official Jostlemania series you'll have to announce the match in this here thread. Whether you do this a day, a few hours or mere minutes in advance doesn't matter. But a longer warning will get people who'd like to commentate an easier time to get in. But essentially you're allowed to schedule however you like.

Do me a favor, and screencap the scoreboard after each game to make stat tracking a little easier. Aside from that you are very welcome to record or stream your matches as well. You may also try an actively get someone to commentate over it. So far I know of Ramagamma who'd be willing to. If any of you others would like to get in on this let me know, I'll compile a list of willing commentators in the op. Commentars can, of course, also approach players

Mikiya
Apr 7, 2013

Static! posted:

My steam name is mikaay, I'll set up a discord is that's easier. iOS app?

Static! - Psn : mikaaay pst -8

Goldblum's eyes - Psn : ghostgutter cst -6

Team name: Parabnormal Activity

goldblums eyes posted:

my steam is either pvssyfart or H.Q. Barkley, I don't know how steam works. We're ps4 though, but ya I've figure out the discord soon too

Discord is easiest, especially if you're not actually using Steam at all.

Just use your browser and click https://discord.gg/diabolos-kerrigan-gelmorra
Or use the desktop app and go there if you plan on using Discord more (or just want it be 2x as nice)
Or get the mobile app and use that same link

Running With Spoons
Oct 26, 2005
Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot
The Papasotes vs Piss Piglet
2-0

The Papasotes vs Banditos
2-0

The Papasotes vs Low Down Boost Friends
2-0

Running With Spoons fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 12, 2016

Fuderyuu
Mar 16, 2004

Finger Lickin' Good!

GNU Order posted:

PAGING GROUP ROUNDHOUSE
Buane
Alexei
Auxiliary Treats/Backup_Snacks
VforVegans
esperterra/{sk}Hits taken:420
fuderyuu/[Me109] PenDragon

y'all ain't got poo poo to do on Friday night, admit it, come and get hosed up by team GNU Jazz!

From like 7 CST to like 10CST. I'll try and remember to be on Discord or we can coordinate on Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gnuorder/

Check earlier posts, team "This Team Are Sick!" (esperterra & fuderyuu) said we'd be available today. esperterra probably won't be on until after 9 pm PST.
Lets get in discord or steam chat tonight after esperterra checks in and get a confirmation for a game time.

FWIW I'm having a horrible time remembering who's in this group so it helped a lot that you bolded and paged Group Roundhouse. Maybe we should do that in grabbing everyone's attention from now on.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm off work til Sat so I am available from now to like 3am PST that morning.

Tarandis
Jun 16, 2012
Ok cool no pressure this league will probably be relaxing, maw is pretty good and lblitzer will probably own me but other than that it will be fine.

Running With Spoons posted:

The Papasotes vs Piss Piglet
2-0

The Papasotes vs Banditos
2-0

2-0

:staredog:

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Tarandis posted:

Ok cool no pressure this league will probably be relaxing, maw is pretty good and lblitzer will probably own me but other than that it will be fine.

Don't worry, you've got this.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
If you believe hard enough, your opponent will desync.

That's the time to strike!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Tarandis posted:

This is more or less how I sold this thing to my teammate, and now I feel bad because we've lost every game by at least 4 points.

Jamfrost posted:

If you believe hard enough, your opponent will desync.

That's the time to strike!

That actually happened in our first game with Eurotrash, only after the one player got timed out, I was so confused that I let the player who was left score pretty much entirely uncontested. Not that it would've mattered against them, but still.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Running With Spoons posted:

2-0

I was expecting to at least have a fighting chance against most teams, and then this was the first series we played. :negative:

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Hear ye hear ye GROUP C-BLOCK

The Prostate Party USA team wants to play tonight. And that's where you guys come in. Whose down to play Friday night after 2100CST?

We need you. We really really do. Because we want points. And because everyone knows a prostate party is the best party because the prostate party don't stop.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

GNU Order posted:

PAGING GROUP ROUNDHOUSE
Buane

Team Aerial Bold should be good for games tonight! I will be on Discord when we are available.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Buane posted:

Team Aerial Bold should be good for games tonight! I will be on Discord when we are available.

Good to know! This Team Are Sick will be available after 9pm PST so hopefully we can swing something then!

Afaik GNU Jazz! should be available around 7pm CST tonight as well if you want to try and hit them up.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

The Prostate Party USA team wants to play tonight. And that's where you guys come in. Whose down to play Friday night after 2100CST?

We need you. We really really do. Because we want points. And because everyone knows a prostate party is the best party because the prostate party don't stop.

Junpei is out working. And I'm not sure I'll be up that late (3am in my timezone) But if I am and Junpei is ready to go too we can totally do it, man.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

BOTL should be available, will confirm with Jamfrost.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I uploaded Eurotrash vs. Mighty Mighty Beeftones https://youtu.be/x_7E2Okdaeg
Game 1. Game 2 was lost to the abyss due to my capture randomly stopping. Never happened before, really.

Also: I made a youtube playlist with all recorded games I am aware of https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHmMaQOVlq3b45wcMSruDJiR28x3k77CM
If I missed any feel free to let me know, so I can add them.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

IGgy IGsen posted:

Game 1. Game 2 was lost to the abyss due to my capture randomly stopping. Never happened before, really.

Also: I made a youtube playlist with all recorded games I am aware of https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHmMaQOVlq3b45wcMSruDJiR28x3k77CM

Cool to see just how bad I was from a 3rd person perspective, and to know that there was basically nothing I could've done within my ability to win. What sad is that it barely even looks like the other guys are trying, and they're completely owning us.

Waverly actually talked to me after this and my matches against Team Calzone, and fairly accurate guessed my level of play. This guy's too good.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Apparently, Waverly became an advanced Rocket League AI after sacrificing his humanity.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

IGgy IGsen posted:

Burn Toast vs Never F10 Round 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQb6uD01rvM

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Jamfrost posted:

Apparently, Waverly became an advanced Rocket League AI after sacrificing his humanity.

I think him and spn have something like 2000 hours combined when I looked on Steam. It'll be fun to see them play against Team Papasotes, I forgot how good Dr. Ward was :swoon: as they utterly dominated myself and wa27.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

WirelessPillow posted:

BOTL should be available, will confirm with Jamfrost.

Word. I'll keep an eye on the thread. We will be around most of the night so if you want to play, we will be down like Charlie Brown.

Mikiya
Apr 7, 2013
Eurotrash is ready to play right now!
So if anyone in group Rainmaker is up for a game, post it here/Discord/Wherever

We've got about 2 hours of time I think, might have a little longer but I'll update here if that's the case

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Buane posted:

Yes hello friend we can play tonight, I think discord is down right now? lemme know when you two are ready/willing

Mikiya
Apr 7, 2013
Eurotrash vs Team Calzone will happen on SUNDAY at 18:00 GMT!

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Ziggy Starbutts is warming up in anticipation of matches against Gnu Jazz! and Aerial Bold.

Stay tuned to http://www.twitch.tv/vforvegans/ to watch.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Ziggy Starbutts is warming up in anticipation of matches against Gnu Jazz! and Aerial Bold.

Stay tuned to http://www.twitch.tv/vforvegans/ to watch.

Stream going up momentarily, just restarting my ps4 to hopefully minimize its rubber-bandiness.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Ziggy Starbutts vs GNU Jazz!

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

GNU Order posted:

Ziggy Starbutts vs GNU Jazz!

Game three of Ziggy Starbutts vs GNU Jazz

Aeon
Apr 30, 2009

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Never F10 should be able to play around 11:30pm EST if you'll still be around then.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
The Bottom of the Ladder is available right now. [ C-Block ]

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Word. I'll keep an eye on the thread. We will be around most of the night so if you want to play, we will be down like Charlie Brown.

Good to go any time tonight, just give a shout on discord/steam

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Team Aerial Bold defeats This Team Are Sick! 2-0

Game 1:

Game 2:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Ziggy Starbutts vs Gnu Jazz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx7FNLyJPi4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IqyZZ8rL3U

ignore the random chit chat in the background.

• Locked thread