Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It'd be impressive if they did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
TSUBASA KURAGAKI can be a team on her own

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
There's plenty of talent to fill an entire KOT, but I can't imagine CHIKARA doing that because 90% of their roster is male, so what would they do all weekend?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

DM Punk posted:

There's plenty of talent to fill an entire KOT, but I can't imagine CHIKARA doing that because 90% of their roster is male, so what would they do all weekend?

kick rocks

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

Make sandwiches.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Chikara can go straight to hell imo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Chikara can go straight to hell imo.

It might???? They are running a Satanic cult angle so

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They should run a go gently caress themselves angle.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't watch it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

For the in-house Trios teams, predicting them is a bit harder than the last couple years where they had so many ready-made teams. The only obvious one is BDK (Jakob, Pinkie and Jaka).

Otherwise, there will probably be representatives for the Colony, Nazmaldun (possibly two teams), United Nations, Crown & Court and Chuck Taylor TM leading the Gentleman's Club.

Missile Assault Man and Juke Joint were working alongside Wani a bunch during Infinite Gauntlet, so that seems like a likely team.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

For the in-house Trios teams, predicting them is a bit harder than the last couple years where they had so many ready-made teams. The only obvious one is BDK (Jakob, Pinkie and Jaka).

Otherwise, there will probably be representatives for the Colony, Nazmaldun (possibly two teams), United Nations, Crown & Court and Chuck Taylor TM leading the Gentleman's Club.

Missile Assault Man and Juke Joint were working alongside Wani a bunch during Infinite Gauntlet, so that seems like a likely team.

Isn't Wani part of the United Nations?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Any word on if they're trying for another LU or New Japan team this year?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gavok posted:

Don't bet on the BDK trio you mentioned. Pinkie did a blog on ChikaraPro.com expressing how he felt betrayed after Jakob tossed him in the Infinite Gauntlet, implying he was quitting the BDK.

If there's a Colony trio, I'm guessing it's Fire/Soldier/Silver, and I'm intrigued where the "Worker shook hands with Arctic Rescue during the Gauntlet" angle is going.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

Isn't Wani part of the United Nations?

I guess he's sort of loose allies with Juan Francisco but not officially a member of the UN. I suppose he's just as likely to be on a team with Juan and Boar.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Don't bet on the BDK trio you mentioned. Pinkie did a blog on ChikaraPro.com expressing how he felt betrayed after Jakob tossed him in the Infinite Gauntlet, implying he was quitting the BDK.

Huh. At least he makes it sound like he's sticking around and this isn't just a way to write him out of Chikara. I hope.

quote:

If there's a Colony trio, I'm guessing it's Fire/Soldier/Silver, and I'm intrigued where the "Worker shook hands with Arctic Rescue during the Gauntlet" angle is going.

That's what makes King of Trios hard to predict this year. There are either stables of more than three or duos that make sense together, but no obvious trios. I can sort of see them go with Kimber Lee/Heidi Lovelace/Dasher Hatfield based on being the only vanilla faces left or Touchdown/Worker Ant/Arctic Rescue Ant as a redemption-based face team, but who knows.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

So Chikara's still going hard with their "Chikaratopia" subscription system. They're kicking off new content starting on Tuesday June 7, though exactly what starts on that day isn't clear. They're doing a live show again starting June 26, "The Chikara Hour of Power," and they'll be streaming their first Live Special on August 21, from the Wrestle Factory.

They also have a show next Saturday, June 11.

"Tightrope"
Wrestle Factory, Philly, PA
June 11 at 7pm

No Disqualification Match with Special Referee Dasher Hatfield - Mr. Touchdown vs Juan Francisco de Coronado
Trios Match - The Nightmare Warriors (Hallowicked & The Batiri) vs N_R_G & Fire Ant
Singles Match - Eddie Kingston vs Jaka
Singles Match - Missile Assault Man vs Icarus
Four Corner Elimination - Princess Kimberlee & Heidi Lovelace vs The Osirian Portal vs ? vs ?
Singles Match - Oleg the Usurper vs Jigsaw

The multi-person tag match is listed as an 8-man tag on the 101 forums, but only three people are listed for either team, so it's not clear if there was a typo or an additional person will be added to each team on the day.

EDIT: Dasher Hatfield has been added to the No DQ Match as the special referee.

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 7, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

No Disqualification Match - Mr. Touchdown vs Juan Francisco de Coronado

I dig this because on the surface it's a blow-off to Touchdown and Juan messing with each other with DQs, but it's going to end up screwing Touchdown since Juan has an entire stable of goons to legally help him out while Touchdown has alienated all of his friends.

The fact that Touchdown is remaining a face despite this storyline being heel turn 101 is kind of great.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Chuck Taylor's currently acting like he's done with Chikara on his Twitter via saying that his schedule has opened up and asking if anyone in the Philly area wants to hire him as a trainer. Prrrrrobably a work?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gavok posted:

Chuck Taylor's currently acting like he's done with Chikara on his Twitter via saying that his schedule has opened up and asking if anyone in the Philly area wants to hire him as a trainer. Prrrrrobably a work?

Chuck worked everyone for most of last year with his "retirement" stuff, so I'm going to assume this is a work as well.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Hope its not legit. Maybe when Jigsaw returned, that was the last straw!

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Quack announced today that they'll be making all shows available through their Chikaratopia system one month after the show, instead of the previous six months. Also confirmed they're working on an app for various mobile platforms and smart TVs.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yesterday Kevin Condron went on a slight rant on Twitter about how people hated the Snowflake angle and defended it by saying it wasn't his fault. He lost control of the angle in September, which I guess is when he moved to California and simply couldn't be around as much and have enough say, or maybe he just had a falling out with Quack. Either way, he wasn't pleased that all this build and character development for a story about a well-meaning kid who wanted to be a hero and became a villain was blown off with Missile Assault Man beating the poo poo out of him by hitting his finisher three times.

At first I read that thinking it was unfortunate that that happened. Then I realized that this means that Condron was probably behind "Missile Assault Ant blew up a busload of children in Zimbabwe" and... yeah, if you say so, buddy.

Nobody unironically likes that angle. It's absolutely hilarious and I quote it to my friends at random intervals, but for all the wrong reasons. It's completely ridiculous and is meant to be taken semi-seriously. All the while, the whole Condron/Missile/Juke Joint angle was barely coherent to begin with.

So yeah, I'm okay with moving on from all of that.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

Yesterday Kevin Condron went on a slight rant on Twitter about how people hated the Snowflake angle and defended it by saying it wasn't his fault. He lost control of the angle in September, which I guess is when he moved to California and simply couldn't be around as much and have enough say, or maybe he just had a falling out with Quack. Either way, he wasn't pleased that all this build and character development for a story about a well-meaning kid who wanted to be a hero and became a villain was blown off with Missile Assault Man beating the poo poo out of him by hitting his finisher three times.

At first I read that thinking it was unfortunate that that happened. Then I realized that this means that Condron was probably behind "Missile Assault Ant blew up a busload of children in Zimbabwe" and... yeah, if you say so, buddy.

Nobody unironically likes that angle. It's absolutely hilarious and I quote it to my friends at random intervals, but for all the wrong reasons. It's completely ridiculous and is meant to be taken semi-seriously. All the while, the whole Condron/Missile/Juke Joint angle was barely coherent to begin with.

Nothing quite like a stable of people who say "It's time we all act like who we really are" and then they're a crazy schizophrenic man, a former war crimes committing soldier, and a oldy timey 50's throwback guy.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 10, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Condron follows me on Twitter.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Missile Assault Ant blew up a bus load of children in Zimbabwe

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Condron follows me on Twitter.

Further proof of his poor judgement.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Gavok posted:

Didn't he also go off on a big anti-SJW rant too a while back? :rolleyes:

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Capsaicin posted:

Didn't he also go off on a big anti-SJW rant too a while back? :rolleyes:

In his defence, the sequels and tv series had some seriously diminishing returns.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Seems like Eddie Kingston was written off CHIKARA tonight at Tight Rope. People leaving left and right these days.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

Seems like Eddie Kingston was written off CHIKARA tonight at Tight Rope. People leaving left and right these days.

I read the results but fail to see how he's been written off. It just seems to be feud-building with Jakob more than anything else.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

I read the results but fail to see how he's been written off. It just seems to be feud-building with Jakob more than anything else.

He lost all his points toward title contention. It was a very prolonged beat down and Jakob kept talking about how Eddie's time was done. Eddie spent a LONG time leaving the ring. Everything just seemed like a big good bye.

Maybe I am reading more into it then that, but it felt like an ending, not another chapter in their feud.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The fact that they went out of their way to tack on a DQ reversal decision tells me that it's just part of the story. Otherwise, Eddie steamrolling through the entire BDK would just lead to another title shot and that's not needed right now. They're moving the story forward, but keeping him away from the title picture.

The pics and descriptions I saw on Twitter of Kingston leaving made it look like he was laughing like a lunatic, completely unable to accept that this twerp would continue to poke the bear, not realizing what he's in for.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Or maybe King's finally getting the surgery he needs. Hasn't he needed knee surgery since High Noon, which was like 2 years ago?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Or maybe King's finally getting the surgery he needs. Hasn't he needed knee surgery since High Noon, which was like 2 years ago?

I'm pretty certain Eddie has needed knee surgery for at least a decade at this point.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

So Chikara did a live "Hour of Power" show on their Chikaratopia streaming service, with live matches with points in play.

Kobald defeated Suplex Steven with the Demon's Toilet. Suplex Steven is just some young boy from the Wrestle Factory in black trunks and a generic Chikara mask.

Officer Warren Barksdale defeated the Proletariat Boar of Moldova with the Cease & Desist.

Hermit Crab defeated Ropebreak Randy with the Flat Crab submission. Like Suplex Steven, Ropebreak Randy is a Wrestle Factory young boy in black pants, a WF shirt and a generic Chikara mask.

Sonny deFarge & Cornelius Crummels defeated Ophidian & Argus with an assisted moonsault. DeFarge & Crummels wore brown pants with suspenders and wore long coats and hats (bowler and flat fedora). Surprising upset and some unique tandem offense out of the newcomers, who were heckled with chants about checking them for scurvy.

Fire Ant defeated Frightmare with the Beachbreak to earn his third point. Fire Ant can now challenge for the Grand Championship.

Then Mike Quackenbush announced that Rey de Voladores and the Tag Team Gauntlet would be part of King of Trios weekend, before confirming that Team JWP (Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu, Commando Bolshoi) would be part of the KOT lineup.

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 26, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In love with this King/Queen of Trios look

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Newest Trio announced is Heidi Lovelace & N_R_G. Which seems like a waste of Heidi.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Newest Trio announced is Heidi Lovelace & N_R_G. Which seems like a waste of Heidi.

Heidi's running out of friends to betray/disappoint her so might as well give her some new ones.

Question is whether we get Kimber Lee/Ice Creams or Kimber Lee/Jervis/Thunderfrog.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

In other Chikara news, so far we have these matches confirmed for their Toronto double-header on July 23

When Nature Calls (Afternoon show)
Singles Match - Dasher Hatfield vs Drew Gulak
Singles Match - Oleg the Usurper vs Officer Warren Barksdale
Singles Match - Kobald vs Evil Uno
Four Corner Elimination Tag - 3.0 vs Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster vs ? vs ?

Back in the Habit (Evening show)
Grand Championship Match - Hallowicked defends vs Fire Ant
Non-Title Match - N_R_G vs Mustache Mountain
Singles Match - Missile Assault Man vs Pinkie Sanchez

Also, at the tail end of the June 11 show's finished cut, we have an after-credits scene.

Mr. Touchdown is leaving the Wrestle Factory late after the show, and thinks he hears someone lurking nearby. He loads his bag in the trunk, and gets into his car, and his headlights show an empty wheelchair-- and then Nazmaldun/UltraMantis Black jumps him from the backseat and clamps a hand over his face.

It looks like Nazmaldun did more that day than just recruit Kobald to his cause.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Also, at the tail end of the June 11 show's finished cut, we have an after-credits scene.

Mr. Touchdown is leaving the Wrestle Factory late after the show, and thinks he hears someone lurking nearby. He loads his bag in the trunk, and gets into his car, and his headlights show an empty wheelchair-- and then Nazmaldun/UltraMantis Black jumps him from the backseat and clamps a hand over his face.

It looks like Nazmaldun did more that day than just recruit Kobald to his cause.

That's unexpected. I figured he'd be the main hero to stand up against Nazmaldun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gavok posted:

That's unexpected. I figured he'd be the main hero to stand up against Nazmaldun.

Yeah.

There's also a segment before the trios match on the show (Hallowicked/Batiri vs Fire Ant/NRG) where Quack comes up to Fire Ant and expresses some concern about "this Nazmaldun thing." He says, "Maybe we need to call--" but Fire Ant cuts him off and says he's got this.

So there's speculation about who Quack might have been talking about.

• Locked thread