Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Yeah.

There's also a segment before the trios match on the show (Hallowicked/Batiri vs Fire Ant/NRG) where Quack comes up to Fire Ant and expresses some concern about "this Nazmaldun thing." He says, "Maybe we need to call--" but Fire Ant cuts him off and says he's got this.

So there's speculation about who Quack might have been talking about.

What's the speculation been? I'm drawing a blank on who would fit in this scenario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gavok posted:

What's the speculation been? I'm drawing a blank on who would fit in this scenario.

One theory is that Quack, if he's getting desperate, might bring back Hero, but I don't know if the two have them have gotten past their issue.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Gavok posted:

Ghostbusters would fit with the other KoT teams so far.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

One theory is that Quack, if he's getting desperate, might bring back Hero, but I don't know if the two have them have gotten past their issue.

Perhaps Hero's fat could repel Nazmaldun's mind control in the same way that Kung Fu Panda's could block pressure points.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Ghostbusters would fit with the other KoT teams so far.

Makes sense. The new Ghostbusters and Chikara are about as popular on this forum.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G-9KCG0kkw

So it looks like one KOT team will have at least Thunderfrog and Princess Kimberlee on it. I suppose Jervis Cottonbelly would be their third man, reunite the ThunderFriends at last.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

When in doubt, bring back Necro.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I'd mark for a return of CP Munk.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Fire Ant, Soldier Ant and Silver Ant have been announced for Trios. The first time they've been together in the tournament since winning it in 2011.

I have to imagine we'll get a team of Worker Ant, Arctic Rescue Ant and Missile Assault Man along with this.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gavok posted:

Fire Ant, Soldier Ant and Silver Ant have been announced for Trios. The first time they've been together in the tournament since winning it in 2011.

Super loving pumped about this

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Gavok posted:

I have to imagine we'll get a team of Worker Ant, Arctic Rescue Ant and Missile Assault Man along with this.

Is MAM going to go back to being an Ant?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Thunderfrog on Twitter's been hinting that his teammates will be both Kimber Lee and Eddie Kingston. Which makes me realize that Chikara might be setting up a Jervis heel turn/push. It's pure speculation, but looking at how things have been going...

- Jervis has been practically forgotten about by Kimber Lee since she won the title. Which probably doesn't go well with how she never reciprocated his attraction to her.

- His best friend puts together a team and chooses Kingston over him. Thunderfrog/Kimber Lee/Kingston could easily win the tournament while Jervis is almost definitely going to get stuck with Los Ice Creams, the company's go-to comedy jobbers.

- Jervis has an automatic Money in the Bank title shot thing going on. Kimber Lee used hers up and Los Ice Creams have been pussyfooting with theirs for comedy jobber reasons. Jervis' has been forgotten about and unless he's going to be honorable and make the match well in advance, they need to do something interesting with it. Like, after building on Kimber Lee regaining the belt from Hallowicked, Jervis could betray her and cash in.

Jervis will go from being a nice guy to a "nice guy."

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Just announced today for Chikara's Toronto shows...

#TheBigDeal

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

They've announced a 4-on-4 match for the afternoon Toronto show, as Princess Kimberlee teams with Heidi Lovelace and Team Sea Stars to take on four of Nazmaldun's thralls.

According to the match graphic, the official name for said thralls is not the badass-sounding "Pillars of Woe" but instead the very comic book-inspired and less awesome "heXed Men"

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

They've announced a 4-on-4 match for the afternoon Toronto show, as Princess Kimberlee teams with Heidi Lovelace and Team Sea Stars to take on four of Nazmaldun's thralls.

According to the match graphic, the official name for said thralls is not the badass-sounding "Pillars of Woe" but instead the very comic book-inspired and less awesome "heXed Men"

Are you loving kidding me? HEXED MEN!? gently caress

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The demonic army's name being a dumb pun is very funny

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

KungFu Grip posted:

That's Inhumane.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Yeah, it's not been met with a lot of smiles over on the 101 Forums.

I guess 'cuz like the X-Men, the heXed Men are also being led by a crippled old master with mental powers...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Yeah, it's not been met with a lot of smiles over on the 101 Forums.

I guess 'cuz like the X-Men, the heXed Men are also being led by a crippled old master with mental powers...

So the guy Quack's been thinking of bringing in is Damien Sandow in his Magneto hoodie?

What's the family friendly version of "I'M TURSAS, BITCH!"?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gavok posted:

So the guy Quack's been thinking of bringing in is Damien Sandow in his Magneto hoodie?

What's the family friendly version of "I'M TURSAS, BITCH!"?

Probably "I'M TURSAS, PUNK!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So Chuck Taylor isn't on the list for BOLA this year, which is the same weekend as Trios. Guess he'll be doing something at Trios at least, even if he's "fired."

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

He wasn't last year either but he showed up for the big night 3 comedy tag

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!
Quack should announce a new trio this year: "The Three Chucks" and like that Four Doinks team none of them will actually be Chuck Taylor.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

So Princess Kimberlee posted a blog saying that for her team with Thunderfrog, she needed someone else royal. She'd considered Eddie Kingston, but after teaming with him during the UK Tour and being unimpressed with his attitude, she looked elsewhere. (But said Jakob Hammermeier, self-proclaimed King of Chikara, doesn't count, and to stop calling her.) And she picked Oleg the Usurper. Poor Jervis is left out in the cold. The Thunderfrog/Princess/Oleg team is being called the Warriors Three.

And with the Colony trio of Fire/Soldier/Silver announced for KOT, Worker Ant posted a blog getting all salty about the fact that he wasn't considered, pointing out he'd been loyal to the Colony while Soldier was still brainwashed. So this may open the door to a Worker/Arctic Rescue/Pinkie Sanchez team for KOT.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

He wasn't last year either but he showed up for the big night 3 comedy tag

Hopefully he'll still be there to do commentary at least. Wouldn't be shocked if Highspots footed the bill to fly him and Trent out there just to do a bunch of shoots like they do at BOLA every year.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Is Chuck Taylor honestly missing BOLA to work as an ant in KOT?

fml

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

No?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

EugeneJ posted:

Is Chuck Taylor honestly missing BOLA to work as an ant in KOT?

fml

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, Chuckie T doesn't work as one of the ants.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, Chuckie T doesn't work as one of the ants.

That's not entirely true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptjl7zW-Nk8

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Now I want to see Chuck Taylor work as Drunk Rawdog Ant. Whatever he does at KoT will probably be less entertaining.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

They just announced the 8th team for KOT, Team #CWC - Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak, and Johnny Gargano!

Current KOT Lineup:
-Team Sendai Girls - Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi
-Team SHIMMER - Madison Eagles, Crazy Mary Dobson, Candice LaRae
-Team JWP - Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu, Commando Bolshoi
-Team Original Divas Revolution - Jazz, Victoria, Mickie James
-Team (no team name) - Heidi Lovelace, Race Jaxon, Hype Rockwell
-The Colony - Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Silver Ant
-The Warriors Three - Thunderfrog, Princess Kimberlee, Oleg the Usurper
-Team CWC - Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak, Johnny Gargano

Also the Annual Tag Team Gauntlet and Rey de Voladores tournament will also be taking place KOT weekend.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Here are the unannounced teams that I'm speculating we'll see:

- Worker Ant, Arctic Rescue Ant and either Missile Assault Man or Pinkie Sanchez.
- Jakob Hammermeier, Jaka and possibly a new BDK member. I can almost see Kingston being shoved into this spot for dramatic purposes, but hell if I could explain why it would happen.
- Chuck Taylor (TM), Orange Cassidy and Swamp Monster
- Dark Batiri
- Some combination of Hallowicked, Frightmare, Blind Rage, Icarus and Mr. Touchdown. Possibly two teams if they get another brainwashed minion.
- Some combination of Juan Francisco, Mr. Azerbaijan, Proletariat Boar, Prakash Sabar and Wani.
- Osirian Portal and Argus.
- Jervis Cottonbelly and Los Ice Creams.

Strangely, there's no easy fit team for Dasher this year. If it wasn't for Dalton Castle doing BOLA, a Jervis/Dasher/Remington team would make all the sense in the world.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

A new team's been announced as has Madison Eagle's replacement on Team Shimmer.

Current KOT Lineup:

-Team Sendai Girls - Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi
-Team SHIMMER - Solo Darling, Crazy Mary Dobson, Candice LaRae
-Team JWP - Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu, Commando Bolshoi
-Team Original Divas Revolution - Jazz, Victoria, Mickie James
-Team (no team name) - Heidi Lovelace, Race Jaxon, Hype Rockwell
-The Colony - Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Silver Ant
-The Warriors Three - Thunderfrog, Princess Kimberlee, Oleg the Usurper
-Team CWC - Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak, Johnny Gargano
- United Nations - Juan Francisco de Coronado, Prakash Sabar, Proletariat Boar of Moldova

Seven more teams to go.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think I am going to have a Team CWC t-shirt made featuring Sonichu so Gavok knows who to avoid.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Interesting to see almost half the slots taken up by women's team

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007
Anyone interested in a Toronto ticket? I just remembered I had it, and I booked other poo poo for this weekend. :/

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
edit: removed a dumb joke

Who is part of Nazmaldun now?

Capsaicin fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 21, 2016

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Watch the CWC team carefully be booked to avoid being matched up with any of the womens teams.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Interesting to see almost half the slots taken up by women's team

Should be all slots taken up by women's teams. 2016 is The Year of Misandry so get these penises out of Chikara :colbert:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Skinty McEdger posted:

Watch the CWC team carefully be booked to avoid being matched up with any of the womens teams.

But... but...!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fT-UOIbaQ8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Cross-posting from the Indies thread, but Cedric Alexander is replacing Adam Cole in the BOLA tournament, which means either Team CWC loses in the opening round, or Cedric will be withdrawn from KOT and replaced on Team CWC with whomever Chikara can get.

• Locked thread