Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I played AC2 a ton as a kid, but as almost always happened, I got distracted by new games before I finished it. Will be cool to see what I missed, what I remember, and what I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
IIRC I loved missiles and explosives in general. Big robots + big explosions, what's not to love?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I actually remembered many of those parts! I think my final AC had either quad legs or hover "legs". I remember really liking quad-leg designs on mechs at the time.

As for AC designs/names, here's mine - no energy weapons, shell weapons with big stopping power, maybe also those missiles that shoot up, then down at the enemy on a shoulder or two. Color it red, white and blue and call it the Open Carry (or if you want a really old joke, the Never Forget :911:).

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Oh, you're right. I wasn't thinking when I posted that one.

Alright, then do what I'm sure I did at some point as a kid - tons of missiles, and call it the Mad Cat.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So, I've got a question for you guys, considering I'm kinda still learning as I go along on what you guys like/what to see - Since the Gigantic Offsite Spergwall was a just a teensy bit inaccessible to all but the most dedicated, and stuff like the first Garage video was a bit too long, would you guys be a bit more receptive to a shorter, more digestable snippets at the end of videos explaining mechanics a bit more 'firsthand', so to speak? At the expense of having to listen to me drone on solo over a bunch of clips, of course.

Or, alternatively, would you prefer I just skip the mechanics chat, maybe post some images of new parts every now and again, and get on with the shooty bits?

I watched the garage video with no problems, but didn't look at the parts list. Hope that helps.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Either way, I should have some shooty bits for you anyways by the end of the day, assuming nothing explodes.

Everything better explode. :colbert:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright, here's an AC design that's a bit more detailed than 'lots of missiles' -

The Gustaff

Fat, rounded build
Usually with humanoid legs, but can have hover "legs" or tank treads instead.

Color scheme - dark magenta and pink. Also white skull decals

Weapons - Any/all of the following - rifle, gatling gun, bazooka, flamethrower, some kind of weapon that sends out "minions" (that satellite launcher might count). To keep true to the source I guess the weapons should be part of the arms where possible.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You're also doing it to get your fix of new AC parts. Do you ever work for a corporation that doesn't make AC parts?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey, you wanted a new Armored Core game, right?

Your prayers have been answered, sorta!

:confuoot:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

A jargogle posted:

That seems like a very odd choice for a board game adaptation. Anybody know anything about the people making it?

The game's designer made another game (Serpent's Tongue), don't know how good it was. The company (Bad Crow Games) hasn't made anything else using that name, but apparently it's made of a bunch of people from Utah who have each made games previously.

Real Time board games can be problematic, though some are said to be really great. I have experience with one (funnily also a robot game, though it was more abstract). It was alright, but I'm not sure how moving on a board in real time will work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The game I played actually did incorporate heat, but I don't know how they'll do it here.

• Locked thread