Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

chitoryu12 posted:

I don't think I ever had problems with the rogue MTs as a kid, simply because their shotguns are so weak. I think the game really starts becoming difficult once enemy ACs begin appearing in missions.

I can't remember if it's this game or a later PS2 AC but there's a mission inside of a burning or exploding building where two ACs show up, one with a flamethrower, that I could never get past. The jerk with the flamethrower constantly ruined me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Is there any reason the LCC isn't trying to hire you instead of dealing with fighting you?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Well, honestly, Balena is working with/for LCC, and we're working for them, so that's kind of like working for LCC?

I think it's more "We have the greatest fighting force on Mars under our direct thumb right now, why bother with hiring directly when we have the Frighteners?"

You did just create an opening within the organization, though :v:

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I get the feeling that Martians are somewhat old news to them. After all, Murakumo was out here ages ago and I really doubt that they were the first. We may be only now finding out the extent and nature of the Disorder units but there having been something living on Mars seems like something they're all quite aware of.

I also agree about the borders. It makes it feel smaller somehow even if it's the same amount of screen real estate.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

:smith:

I guess if people don't like them, I can take them out easily enough, I just thought better production values wouldn't hurt. Anyone else have strong opinions on it?

I mean, I'm not gonna stop watching the videos if you keep the border :v:

It just made the screen feel smaller to me. I actually had to go back and check the other videos to see if they had the same amount of empty space because my brain just didn't process it when it was black space. Maybe use a darker border? The silver just really sticks out, at least to me.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
All I'd like to see in the future is more customization outside of the Arena. Get wacky with your AC designs! Rifle and Middle Missile on a human chassis is effective, sure, but a 200MPH missile boat on hover legs can be fun every so often.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Is it only manned giant robots that you're playing as? Because I look at your current paint job and all I see is Grimlock.

Granted, I have no idea what that has to do with the Machine God name so I'm probably wrong.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Hi there Xabungle.

Is there ever any indication as to where on Earth these games take place? The maps rarely seem to rarely map up with actual Earth geography.

Polaron fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
What the hell, that wasn't even an ending :psyduck:

• Locked thread