Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
I've always skirted around playing the AC games because I don't mesh well with the controls (Which will, as usual, make Aces frown at me) but they'll never stop fascinating me. Hopefully watching someone play them competently will give me the inspiration to try it myself sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Yay, hardware nerding begins. I'll be very glad if you can flesh out the different technologies and the history From puts into them.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

Conveniently a namechange from Aces Cure Planes to ACs Cure Planes is phonetically identical.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

So recently you covered that falling/landing recovery is affected by stability, is it a binary 'you've fallen too far so you have a fixed recovery' or a 'the further you fall the harder you have to recover' type thing?

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

Re: 'soulsy' discussion

I'd argue that Armored Core is less forgiving than the Souls games, as you can't just horribly corpse zerg your way through content. One of my greatest difficulties with the AC series is I turn so little profit each mission that I wind up broke and dead in the water midway through.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

From's numerology will never cease to amuse and amaze me, since as you said a lot of the stats don't apply at all to reality, or are so obsfucated that they can't make any sense. They got better at making sense while still being obsfucated with later products like the Souls games, but it's still a small spreadsheet of mysteries at first.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

Re: fundamental building, that's something I've never been good at, but I still got a hell of a kick out of Formula Front's 'build and play with everything' style. I even posted on a league forum for a bit where you'd post your build and AI tune, and the host would plug in your AC and an opponent and record the match for everyone to watch.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I'd just assumed that the sea base was the same one from the previous missions and that area just had wicked high/low tides. Like on the order of a hundred meters sea level variance between them

This is entirely believable when you consider environmentalism, and the fate of such a concept in AC land.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

Episode not named 'Aces Gets PLOWed', voted 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

What a mean little tease at the end. Now I can't wait for you to start the next one.

Nine's voice clip is so perfect for his role, from just what he says to how he says it. 'Commencing Hostilities' in that vile rasp is a perfect way to announce that he is going to attack you on a whole new scale.

Thanks for having me along for the AC2s! I hope I get to join in for fun on the next.

• Locked thread