Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Alaois posted:

"if you come to Rutgers, you'll be able to stay in New Jersey!"

*recruits commit to out-of-state schools as fast as possible*

Flood may have wrecked the program, but New Jersey sure as poo poo is a million times better than Michigan or anywhere else in the Midwest for that matter. Now stop derailing the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

Flood may have wrecked the program, but New Jersey sure as poo poo is a million times better than Michigan or anywhere else in the Midwest for that matter. Now stop derailing the thread.

I've never been to Ann Arbor, but I have been to New Brunswick.

I'll take Ann Arbor.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Rad Valtar posted:

These names will never be toped.

I mean for sheer outrageousness maybe not, but imho they have been matched or exceeded in greatness/hilarity. Konockus Sashington, Mister Cobble, Wonderful Terry, Taco Charlton, Fudge Van Hooser, Jack Snowball, Courtney Love, Jazz King... we live in a gilded age of football names.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Kim Jong Il posted:

This is literally the dumbest opinion you've had in a thread that included 'Rutgers was a strong program historically' holy gently caress

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Yeah I actually don't mind New Jersey that much, but I'm pretty sure people have been making jokes about it's shittiness since like forever.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kim Jong Il posted:

LOL no, New Jersey sucks by like a ton. It's only claim to fame is it has a decent airport and it's in relative proximity to actual good cities in states people want to go to.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there are like two good places in New Jersey and they're the Ironbound in Newark and downtown Jersey City, and I say this as a lifetime resident of the state

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I'm sure New Jersey has some nice areas and people are unfair to it the same way a lot of people think Michigan is only Detroit and Flint, but man. As boring and white and lovely as the Midwest may be, it also has some of the most beautiful places and top tourist destinations in the country. Hmm...would I rather go visit the Great Lakes or Hoboken???

Regardless, as far as on topic stuff goes, I do honestly think this year was something of an aberration as far as recruiting the state goes. Not that I think Rutgers is going to start locking it down, but the guy MSU got had moved from Michigan, a lot of Michigan's pickups of late have been from a couple specific 'pipeline' schools. I'm sure Rutgers will do better in the future.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I'm sure New Jersey has some nice areas and people are unfair to it the same way a lot of people think Michigan is only Detroit and Flint, but man. As boring and white and lovely as the Midwest may be, it also has some of the most beautiful places and top tourist destinations in the country. Hmm...would I rather go visit the Great Lakes or Hoboken???

Regardless, as far as on topic stuff goes, I do honestly think this year was something of an aberration as far as recruiting the state goes. Not that I think Rutgers is going to start locking it down, but the guy MSU got had moved from Michigan, a lot of Michigan's pickups of late have been from a couple specific 'pipeline' schools. I'm sure Rutgers will do better in the future.

hoboken is hella gentrified and upscale now, actually

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Alaois posted:

hoboken is hella gentrified and upscale now, actually

I don't think gentrified is generally a top attraction either, but mostly I just chose that because it's fun to say Hoboken. Hoboken.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I don't even live on the same continent and even I know New Jersey's an armpit.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I don't think gentrified is generally a top attraction either, but mostly I just chose that because it's fun to say Hoboken. Hoboken.

yeah there's a reason i didn't include it in the list of good places :U

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
Having lived in each state for roughly ten years each New Jersey is better at having diners and that's about it.

e: NJ also has some great historical attractions

Dattserberg fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 10, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dattserberg posted:

Having lived in each state for roughly ten years each New Jersey is better at having diners and that's about it.

this right here is truth, greek diners EVERYWHERE

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I don't even live on the same continent and even I know New Jersey's an armpit.

The last time I checked (like 20 years ago) there were some very pretty parts of New Jersey. Quaint farms, rolling green hills, colorful leaves, all the basic rural New England stuff.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Michigan: The Miami Herald reports Flanagan High School (FL) head coach Devin Bush Sr. is “on the verge” of joining the Michigan staff. Bush’s son and two other former players recently signed with the Wolverines. Bush Sr. has been at Fanagan since 2013.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

pillsburysoldier posted:

Michigan: The Miami Herald reports Flanagan High School (FL) head coach Devin Bush Sr. is “on the verge” of joining the Michigan staff. Bush’s son and two other former players recently signed with the Wolverines. Bush Sr. has been at Fanagan since 2013.

Yeah, he is taking Partridge's spot since Partridge is the LB coach now.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
It seems pretty sensible to hire high school coaches from power programs who have recruited players and have big networks among high school coaches to basically do that for your school at the college level

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

As boring and white and lovely as the Midwest may be...

So is it open season on here for this kind of poo poo?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

Maybe he meant the snow.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

LLCoolJD posted:

Yeah, what a change it is for it to be open season on white people for once

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

I am a white and I am EXTREMELY offended by this post. Let it be known that you have been reported, sir. Good day

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Dattserberg posted:

I am a white and I am EXTREMELY offended by this post.

Mods change the thread title of the Horrible Posts thread to this please

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

Feel free to report it as "reverse racism" so I can laugh at you a lot

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol if you report anything on SA

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

YOU DON'T KNOW ME

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

LLCoolJD posted:

Yes, showing contempt for America, or middle America is approved if not required.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

Snitches get stitches

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ehud posted:

I always assumed the report button was for loving newbies who don't understand US.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

butch jones posted:

Snitches get stitches

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I always assumed the report button was for loving newbies who don't understand US.

I'd love to, and also hate to, see the bs the mods get from that button

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MourningView posted:

Feel free to report it as "reverse racism" so I can laugh at you a lot

Please screenshot any reports about reverse racism so we can laugh with you

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I report rivals puns that aren't funny.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
New Jersey is imagine if 70% of Michigan was Grosse Pointe, for better or worse.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I report rivals puns that aren't funny.

I always thought that was a stupid rule but then I started reading Texas (and to a lesser extent A&M) fan boards and the impenetrable code language is obnoxious as hell. It's like trying to decipher cockney rhyming slang until you get the hang of it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lol if u even have the ability to report people

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Alaois posted:

lol if u even have the ability to report people

So that's what that icon next to the names means

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Thermos H Christ posted:

I always thought that was a stupid rule but then I started reading Texas (and to a lesser extent A&M) fan boards and the impenetrable code language is obnoxious as hell. It's like trying to decipher cockney rhyming slang until you get the hang of it.

Once you learn your Rivals board slang the entire thing becomes a lot funnier. I hate the coach abbreviations they use though. Those can gently caress off, the team names are where it's at.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Amari Rodgers, 4* WR out of Knoxville, committed to Clemson.

Will be an asset to get Tee Higgins on board too. Higgins also got his 5th star last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

lamentable dustman posted:

Amari Rodgers, 4* WR out of Knoxville, committed to Clemson.

Will be an asset to get Tee Higgins on board too. Higgins also got his 5th star last week.

Tennessee was never 'in' on Rodgers despite his dad being Tee Martin. The staff and some members of the team have a close relationship with Higgins, but Tennessee has not done a lot with WRs lately on the field. Clemson is in a good spot with him, but it is hard from me to bet against Jones when he really wants a local kid.

Still great pickup with Rodgers. Like I said before I got to watch him playing against my son in elementary and middle school, and he has always been amazing.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 15, 2016

• Locked thread