Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

4* Texas running back Eno Benjamin to Iowa. Had a bunch of good offers. It's too bad this class is going to have to be small because we took 11 thousand two star guys last year because it's shaping up to be our best class since 07 or so.

What is so terrible about that?

Yeah - Michigan was hard after Benjamin, but he held Iowa at #1 since the beginning. Dude looks like a beast.

His ACL is in my thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Buried in there is he wants a free vacation to Hawaii I guess. Which is fine, hell I'll take all the free trips anyone wants to give me.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

MourningView posted:

Listing 14 universities you'd like to offer you a full ride seems a bit entitled to me, but I dunno, maybe this is more common in recruiting than I thought

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Real Name Grover posted:

Listing 14 universities you'd like to offer you a full ride seems a bit entitled to me, but I dunno, maybe this is more common in recruiting than I thought

Boise State isn't going to waste their time focusing on him - he's not going there. That said, recruiting also helps high school teams that may have some unnoticed talent, and Boise may end up having interest in the others on his team if they had a reason to look at tape from the school. It may very well be entitled, but it helps others too

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
The kid is 17 years old and once committed to Washington in the 8th grade, let him take his free trips.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
All the power in the world to the kid if he wants to see what's out there beyond College Station of all places. Execution just seemed a bit much to me.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing to me and good for him for wanting to consider all his options. He's never gonna be in this position again, he should milk it for all it's worth

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Micah Clark and his brother committed to Rutgers a lot sooner than most expected.

Next is a battle with Iowa for John Lewis at QB, and Michigan for ATH Marqeese Bell. They're also thought to lead for a bunch of respectable *** types, which would be a huge upgrade from the Flood era, getting them back into Schiano territory.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The fact that Rutgers is immediately getting some decent in state guys rather than watching them all stream to other Big 10 schools is pretty funny. I mean I guess not if you're a Rutgers fan or Flood himself, but otherwise. They didn't even have to have a good season! Just get rid of the lovely coach and they will come

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska got Rivals 4*/#15 OLB Avery Roberts (Also #1 recruit in all of Delaware :woop: )

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee got a commit from 4-star DT Eric Crosby out of Virginia today. He chose the Vols over Ohio state, Alabama, and Virginia Tech among others.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee got a commit from 4-star DT Eric Crosby out of Virginia today. He chose the Vols over Ohio state, Alabama, and Virginia Tech among others.

Another VT miss :D Supposedly told his coaches that he was all Hokie the day before, his finalists were UT and VT. Doubt we manage anything with it, but signing day's a long way off.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

This is pretty awesome if he sticks. Regardless I can't wait to see what Shoop does with the talent that's already there.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The fact that Rutgers is immediately getting some decent in state guys rather than watching them all stream to other Big 10 schools is pretty funny. I mean I guess not if you're a Rutgers fan or Flood himself, but otherwise. They didn't even have to have a good season! Just get rid of the lovely coach and they will come

People are suddenly optimistic about Fred Hansard which is INSANE given where we were with him a few months ago. He's not as good as Gary but he's pretty loving good, and probably gets the edge over Singleton by a hair for top player in the state.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

fussydutchman1 posted:

Nice. Thanks for the info. Do you think he ends up at ND? Set an announcement date abruptly after the visit, which seems promising. Seems he's either sold on ND or decided he's seen enough to go with an early favorite (Maryland?) and shut it down.

I missed this earlier, sorry! But I'm sure you saw he announced a top-4 about a week ago. Problem is, of that top-4 (ND, tOSU, Michigan, PSU), he's not committing to any of them. He's going to verbal at some point within the next week, but as I mentioned, not to anyone in the 'top-4'. Why he is playing a game like that, I have no clue.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
This guy has to go to Wisconsin...

http://247sports.com/Player/Faavae-Faavae-89286

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The D-Rob saga will come to a close early May, ~*~THE INSIDERS~*~ think he ends up at UGA, which I would like, but I could also see Tech or ND if he academically qualifies for those two too.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
5-star Josh Kaindoh is committing tomorrow via Twitter. Get ready to get underwhelmed if you're following him. Hint: Think very close to his home.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Woohoo, Ash got John Lewis, we are cleaning up in the solid *** department after Flood's classes looked like a horror show every year.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Doronin posted:

5-star Josh Kaindoh is committing tomorrow via Twitter. Get ready to get underwhelmed if you're following him. Hint: Think very close to his home.

What are the odds that he actually sticks with UMD? Especially if they get boat raced over and over again this year?

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Cthulhumatic posted:

What are the odds that he actually sticks with UMD? Especially if they get boat raced over and over again this year?

I'd consider it a very soft verbal. I believe his father wants him to go to Maryland more than he wants to actually go there, and that is a major factor here. Now if Maryland is a total joke again this season, I could easily see Notre Dame or Michigan flipping him eventually.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
That sort of talk annoys me, since we're in a similar boat, with some Michigan fans acting like they have a right to Clark and Bell, as if Harbaugh couldn't just as easily find just as good replacements. It happened last year with both teams, but that's because both had loving incompetent coaches. There are also a lot of recent examples of both teams doing a lot better on the field and in local recruiting. The past few years of incompetency are not the norm.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Demetris Robertson (5* 2016 WR) has committed to Cal.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

Pakled posted:

Demetris Robertson (5* 2016 WR) has committed to Cal.

Yay we are very excited :D

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Kim Jong Il posted:

That sort of talk annoys me, since we're in a similar boat, with some Michigan fans acting like they have a right to Clark and Bell, as if Harbaugh couldn't just as easily find just as good replacements. It happened last year with both teams, but that's because both had loving incompetent coaches. There are also a lot of recent examples of both teams doing a lot better on the field and in local recruiting. The past few years of incompetency are not the norm.

quote:

Clark, a four-star recruit, said he’s talked to Michigan, Tennessee, Clemson and Penn State since making his pledge to the Scarlet Knights.

Clark said he plans to visit all of those programs, Rutgers and Virginia Tech this summer.

He said Michigan is two and Tennessee three behind Rutgers.

when a guy says he's going to officially visit your school and you're number two behind the school he's "committed" to, it's probably not crazy to think you still have a shot. Bell seems very solid though.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

when a guy says he's going to officially visit your school and you're number two behind the school he's "committed" to, it's probably not crazy to think you still have a shot. Bell seems very solid though.

Was KJI the 'Enemies of Rutgers' guy?

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Speaking of, this season will mark the 10 year anniversary of the mythical national title run

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Regnevelc posted:

McMagic was that guy. And it was amazing. The whole incident.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Marquis de Pyro posted:

But he said that weeks afterward. If they were basing it off actual information fine, but they weren't, it was "Rutgers sucked under Flood, therefore will always suck." I think our chances are good because Michigan can easily get a guy just as good, his brother (solid *** type) is going here too, and new coaches typically recruit well in their first year. They're also putting together a good class overall which could have 5-10 ****s at this rate.

Regnevelc posted:

gently caress no.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Kim Jong Il posted:

"Rutgers sucked under Flood, therefore will always suck."

They should start pushing the "Rutgers was good in 1976 and 2006 so 20 years from now should be another good season" angle.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Kyle Flood has a better career winning percentage than Rutgers football's all time winning percentage btw

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Means nothing because he inherited an absolutely loaded team and had every possible advantage in terms of conference and facilities compared to his predecessors.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he

inherited

rutgers

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Yes, he inherited a great situation, your point being?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
How many times do we have to figure out that Rutgers has consistently been the most mediocre team in all of FBS for the last 100 years each offseason?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

JesustheDarkLord posted:

How many times do we have to figure out that Rutgers has consistently been the most mediocre team in all of FBS for the last 100 years each offseason?

I was about to argue that title belongs to Northwestern, but then I realized you were asking for mediocre teams, not objectively bad ones.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

But New Jersey you see.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You guys get so triggered when KJI posts anything about Rutgers. Let the dude root for his team :)

And they did have 8+ wins 5 out of the last 6 years Schiano was there, that's not terrible.

I'll be rooting for Ash, but same division as OSU, so will have to be restrained about it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/TheTateMartell/status/728064179031015425

Interesting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

he's staying in the vegas valley

:pray: