Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

(This is a semi-open recruitment; if you found your way here through a link I either sent you or placed in the topic in #persona, you're welcome to apply. Otherwise, if you somehow stumbled in here and you're interested, hit me up in SynIRC (my username is Trix) or send me a PM over the forums so we can talk.)

Music

Located at the Spartly Islands, the Antillia Free Economic Zone (or Antillia City) is known not only as the capital of the Southeast Asian Economic Caucus (SEAEC), but also as the most ambitious artificial island project of the 21st century. Over 10 million people live, work, and thrive in a 26 square mile-wide space, with new layers of urban sprawl covering over the old every year to keep up with the rapid growth. Through half a century of history, it's grown into an urban mishmash of fortified government blocks, pristine corporate high-rises, and war-torn slums that show no signs of slowing down.

It's the largest free city in the South China Sea, politically, socially, and physically divided between itself. While the SEAEC controls the city in name, a standing agreement with the corporations ensures that only a small part of it fully falls under government laws. The rest of the city is a patchwork of corporate enclaves who enforce their own laws, in between completely open zones where only international law applies and the street gangs rule. The shadow wars between these inner city powers are fierce; they fight not just for control of the city, but for the rest of the SEAEC.

From corporations to criminal organization to even rival states within the SEAEC, these forces rely on outlaws willing and able to move between these contested zones as deniable assets for their various schemes and power plays. The risks are great, but needless to say, the jobs often pay well.

Let's get to the point, this game is about cute/cool/clever/weird operators going on dangerous, clandestine missions for cash at a high-tech, high-rise super city. You belong to one of the many mercenary teams operating from the slums of Antillia City, taking jobs via a front company called Happy Turtle Delivery. True to its name, you do specialize in moving things from one point to another, whether it's stealing data from secure servers, extracting political tragets out of prison, or smuggling weapons across corporate borders. No matter the danger, your delivery makes it through.

A major theme in the game is idea of transcendence. Technology continues to change the world at an alarming rate. Cybernetics and genetic engineering redefine what it means to be human, while the rise of new forms of societies through the global network of the Coil question the necessity of physical borders and even nationality. Humanity is at the cusp to a major transformation, but only a few are ready to embrace it. Where does your own character stand in a rapidly changing society?

The setting takes some cues from games like Shadowrun and Neurospasta, as well as with shows like Appleseed, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, etc. You can check out the world details on the second post; feel free to take them wholesale, mix them up a bit, or fill in the blanks in between for your concepts.

This is a PBP game. However, we will use Roll20 for combat maps, rolling, and so forth. This turns out to work quite well for asynchronous play. Additionally, I'm going to leech off use Comrade Gorbash's Discord server with a channel for the game. This will be a useful OOC option, as well as allow for occasional back & forth interactions. We won't normally play there, but sometimes its better to handle a short conversation there, than have five or six one-line posts in thread.

We'll be using Strike! with the standard rules. Everything for the usual character creation applies (including Kits), though we won't be using Complications this time. Instead, we're going to adopt the triad of Beliefs, Instincts, and Goals from Mouse Guard. You can get the basic idea of how to do them here, so I'll put down how it will work here mechanically. You also can change your Beliefs/Instincts later on, though preferably through character development.

Belief: An ethical stance or a personal code that guides how your characters views and acts upon the world. ("The corporations are poisoning this city, and I'm the antidote.") When you perform an action or make a decision towards your Belief, you earn an AP.
Instinct: An ingrained habit or behavior that you always do, never do, or do in reaction to something else. ("Never walk the streets without a loaded gun.") When you act on your Instinct and get into trouble (a Twist) because of it, you earn an AP. You can always choose whether your Instinct generates a Twist or not.
Goal: You don't fill this out right now, but Goals are... goals you plan to accomplish during the mission. ("Keep Decker from straying from the objective.") Goals should have very clear conditions on whether they are accomplished or not. When you accomplish your Goal at the end of a mission, you earn an AP.

You don't need a complete character sheet (if you're missing some tricks or skills that's fine), but try to include a background and keep it short and sweet. Open yourself up to interesting questions and use your Belief/Instinct to tell me what you want out of a game like this.

There's no hard deadline for recruitment, but I'll probably check in a week and see if there's enough apps to make picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

It is the year 2081. As the world balkanizes and rebuilds from the aftermath of the Data Wars, humanity heads towards another age of incredible progress and reckless ambition. Modern medicine renders most diseases obsolete, while genetic engineering and cybernetic augmentation break the limitations of the physical form. Robots, artificial intelligences, and bioform creatures live among humans, as weapons, companions, and servants. Half the world wears a Cerebral Processor Implant (CPI) inside their brainstem, a neural link to the global cyberscape known as the Coil.

But even as science surges forward, society as a whole struggles to keep up. In Brasília, factory workers stage protests against the increasing use of self-aware machines to replace manual labor. In Tokyo, a virtual popstar who resides in a Shinjuku server farm lobbies for her right to be recognized as a legal citizen of Japan. In San Francisco, genetic body modification (genemodding or splicing) sparks a surge of new fashion trends and subcultures across the world that puts both moral and ethical boundaries into question.

In Manila, people still live under the shadow of the Tondo Incident. A few years ago, an Apex employee from the Tondo district stole a prototype of the company's mind-uploading device and livecasted his attempt to upload his consciousness into the Coil. When the local authorities broke into his apartment, they found the man brain-fried in front of his screen and whatever the result of his upload nowhere to be found. Apex's stock and reputation took a drastic hit that year, and the ethics and dangers of mind-uploading technology remains a hot topic in international debate even today.

The Southeast Asian Economic Caucus (SEAEC) arose from the early years of the Data Wars, an organization that represented the economic, and defensive alliance of eight Southeast Asian nations against the chaos across the globe. Through this united front, the SEAEC strong-armed China for control of the long-contested Spartly Islands and seized it as territory for the alliance as a whole. The leaders of the SEAEC proposed the construction of an artificial island city within the archipelago to take control of its natural resources and serve as the capital of the alliance.

City development became an exercise in compromise. Land reclamation of this scale ended up astronomically expensive, that it almost caused the project to be abandoned early on. Megacorporations such as Apex Technologies and Toku Heavy Industries soon entered the picture, negotiating territory with SEAEC in exchange for investing vast amounts of resources towards reclamation and construction. Later on, these corporations established two of the largest corporate enclaves in Antillia, then relocated their headquarters there to take advantage of the trade laws they helped establish. The rest, they say, is history.

Antillia is actually composed of several islands; the largest, most well-known island holds most of the sprawl in it, while a network of ferries and bridges link that to a chain of smaller islands where government facilities, shantytowns, and other locations best kept out of the sprawl reside. The most important of these sub-islands is Fiery Coral Reef, a major air and sea traffic hub that connects to the city via a large and busy bridge.

These four groups are far from the only movers and shakers in Antillia. You'd be hard-pressed, however, to find something shady going on in this city that doesn't have at least one or two of these factions involved in some way.

The Secretariat is the administrative office of the SEAEC and the nominal government of Antillia City. They manage city-wide affairs, settle disputes between the squabbling SEAEC states and corporations, and discuss new treaties and policies on the regional level. Their headquarters is located at Antillia Prime, a heavily fortified city block and home to hundreds of local and foreign embassies.

Above all, the Secretariat seeks order and to exert more power within the city. While they normally respect the legal and corporate borders of the city, the office employs the Antillia Special Police (also known as the City Watch) to intervene in cross-border situations and city-threatening emergencies. Currently, the Watch is investigating the Seven Stars, rumored to be supplying various anarchist and terrorist groups in the city.

Apex Technologies is a major biotechnology and robotics firm based in Antillia City. Originally a weapons manufacturer during the Data Wars, Apex now works to advance human limits through the development and public acceptance of cybernetic augmentations and mind-machine interfaces. Their most popular product is the MindLink CPI, alongside their line of prosthetics and full-body cyborg shells for civilian and military uses.

Apex's second-most popular export are military drones, through their subsidiary Apex Securities. Many of these drones support military forces all over the world, while the rest defend the megacorp's primary facilities at the city's upper levels. The Secretariat regularly employed Apex Securities for the security in Antillia Prime, though after the Tondo Incident, that contract passed over to a rival security firm last year. Apex has not forgotten this embarrassment.

The Mercury Collective is a widely-recognized nation without physical land or borders, a social network that attracts several million subscribers from every corner of the world and every strata of society. As long as a subscriber pays their annual fee and obeys Collective laws, they are legal citizens of the Collective with all the benefits involved. Although they own an embassy in Antillia, most of their operations take place in a private virtual reality within the Coil.

The Collective is often derided for using their unique, extralegal status to hire out citizens as deniable operatives and intervene in international situations they have no business in. As true as this is, many citizens do believe in the Collective's ideal of a transnational, transhumanist society, unbound by human laws or limits. They see uploading one's mind to the Coil the next step towards that ideal society, which makes them strange bedfellows with Apex Technologies.

The Seven Stars is one of the most dangerous gangs in Antillia. While many criminal groups in the city are offshoots of other organizations (mafiya, triads, yakuza, premans, etc), the Stars belongs entirely to Antillia's disenfranchised. The refugees forgotten by bureaucracy, the laborers tossed aside after the city's construction, the corporate employees left behind when their company collapsed, and all their descendants. They were the dregs that the other gangs preyed upon, until they banded together with a common desire for "a piece of what they city owes them".

The Stars engage in a wide range of criminal operations, particularly drug trafficking, arm smuggling, and contract killing. Through their foreign backers, they also run a huge black market on high-powered weaponry and sell arms to dissident groups allied to their cause. They share a complicated relationship with the Mercury Collective, seeing its philosophy as a "rich man's fantasy" and its citizens no better than the corporations or government, but still find their money as good as anyone else's.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

TurninTrix posted:

You belong to one of the many mercenary teams operating from the slums of Antillia City, taking jobs via a front company called Happy Turtle Delivery.
you have no idea how tempted i am to recycle Xelene now

aaaaaaaaanyways gonna have a think about potential character concepts :ohdear:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alright, I'll do this!

Dedman Walkin
Dec 20, 2006

Will try to make a char for this. Thinking of using the Buddy role for a Rigger and his combat-droid.

EDIT: Rough Draft uncomplete charsheet incoming, also changed Buddy Role for Summoner.

You gotta have an edge if you live in the streets. Some got the guns, some got the drugs. Others have the info, some got the style.

Me? I fix their stuff. May not be that glam, but it gets me creds. Plus there's a group of bikers, I fix up their rides, they keep some of the gangs off my rear end. Nice deal.

Granted, I'm not a credited mechanic. I learned reading schematics and on the job, but if I get accredited, I can get access to more stuff, more toys to work with.

But license cost money. So I tinker around, make some drones, write some programs to remote takeover minor-league droids. Because when work's slow, to make the fast cash, gotta hit the streets.

pre:
"Jack Ace", Drone Jockey

Background: Drone Jockey
*Wealth 1
*Connections: Mercy Street Biker Club
*Drone Control
*Scavenging
*Drive It Like You (or a friend) Stole It
*Gear Identification
Trick: Percussive Maintenance (just beat on it until it works)

Origin: Freelance Mechanic
*Repair, Haggling
Complication: Never Have It When You Need It

Personalized:
*skill: Minor League Lying
*complication: Not that "licensed" a mechanic
*trick: Parts Identification (once per session, identify some obscure techy thing (complex auto lock, gun aimed at your face, etc) and a flaw/bonus/thing to exploit

Kit: The Tinker
Advance: Workshop (Portable)

Gear: Portable toolkit, drone remote control, backpack

Belief: Fix what's broken
Instinct: Get a contract before a job
Goal: Get your license

pre:
Class: The Summoner (There's Always a Drone Somewhere)
Role: Controller

Ancestral Spirit (Drone AI Type) Trooper
Summons:
* Fire Elemental (Flamethrower equipped)
* Feegle-Bots

Feat: Reliable Summoner

Dedman Walkin fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 18, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I've never done Strike before, but this intrigues me. I'd like to try apping for this.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Oh, just got reminded that there's a good guide for making a character here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b8Fz39Infns0EVB6-4-Fm-o49UvdAz7NVIWslFvlm6A/edit

Probably skip Step 6 and 7, and replace both Complications with a Belief and an Instinct as above, but otherwise that should be good.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

When other countries rise in wealth, outsiders always want a share. With the rise of the SEAEC, LNT, Inc. - a North America based corporation - saw wealth that wasn't going into it's hands, and set about it's own plans for subverting and digging itself into Antilla City. Code named Project Deep Mine, LNT agents descended on Antilla City to disrupt the homegrown businesses and rip a hole big enough for their patron to insert itself. Unfortunately - or perhaps fortunately - Project Deep Mine was uncovered and ripped out of the shadows and into the presses before they could do significant amounts of damage. LNT agents started to disappear rapidly - not taken down by the public or by other corporations, but "liquidated" by their own employers to ensure deniability.

At least one agent survived. Code named "Double Tap," he burned all identification connecting him to not only Project Deep Mine - and most of his identification, period. Now legally non-existent, Chris Johnson had to find a way to survive in a city where, just a few days ago, he had been illegally . A non-citizen who has an education in business and finance can do a little - it won't be much, but it will legally allow him to survive. A non-citizen who is skilled in infiltration, extraction, blackmail, and identity theft, equipped with some cutting edge headware, and who has a willingness to do far more then what is legally allowable - they can potentially do so much better. And for Chris, "survival" just isn't enough. Now he just has to hope no people or actions from his past come back to claim him - and that he can get paid enough for the good champagne.

Christopher "Double Tap" Johnson

Background: "Financial Transfers" (Black Marketeers (Connections), Seduction, Social Networking, Impersonation, Negotiations)
Trick: Filled Rolodex (DT can find someone he knows just about anywhere)
Origin: Corporate Brat (Finance)
Personalize: (Trick Shots)
Trick: Bevy of Fake IDs (DT always has a burner ID at the ready)
Wealth: Rich [2]

Gear: Zegna real-wool "Gentleman's Armor" bespoke; iGun cyber-eye link; Colt Guardian; LNT, Inc. "Neuronet" CPI (not yet on the market)

Kit: Spy
Advances: Charmed

Belief: A winning smile beats a smoking gun
Instinct: Always be strapped
Goal: Na na why don't I get a job

Tactical Combat

Class: Archer (Sentinel, Trick Arrow)
Role: Leader
Feat: Reliable

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Feb 11, 2016

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
It started as these things often do, with unwarranted worry. The young man was beginning to think he'd been caught at one of his hacking attempts. What would he do when They inevitably came for him? In his mind, They was a nebulous, uncertain shape in his mind: mercenaries, police, killer robots. How could one defend against such a formless threat? Only by being prepared for anything. It was pure chance, then, that he bumped into one of the furtive street-level pushers who offered "Edges", genetic modification in a one-use syringe. Take on a few of an animal's extra abilities. This could totally let him escape anything: now he'd be faster, stronger...

The feared retribution never arrived. He must have gotten away with it. That time. But, hey, if one Edge helped, certainly two or more would be even better. So what if in theory they weren't entirely compatible. It was probably fine. Of course, the first was the cheapest. No matter how many other dealers were found. For a young man, money wasn't the easiest thing to come by. But, hey, there were ways. All one had to do was liberate certain things from people who wouldn't miss it. Or deliver a thing where it really needed to be, in a hurry. And one fed the other; perhaps he couldn't match the depth and breadth that a proper mind-machine interface could allow without one, but a few more Edges would allow those other money-making things to be done easier, which would pay for even more Edges.

Before he knew it, his specialty had changed on him. That's not to say his original skills have abandoned him, but looking at him, no one could mistake what he's known for now. The genetic detritus of too many Edges is quite apparent, though it does have its physical advantages, as well.

Qihte Katze

Background: Rooftop Infiltrator (Goods Fences [connections], Parkour, Appraisal, Haggling, Silent Movement)
Trick: Always Lands On His Feet (Stunning dismounts with Parkour)
Origin: Hacker (Computer Codebreaker, Datamining)
Personalize: Wiry Strength, Kung Fu
Trick: Takes One To Know One (Can tell what people's vices are)

Wealth: Poor [1]

Belief: Self-improvement is for everyone
Instinct: Always make a dramatic entrance

Kit: Brute
Advances: Feats of Strength

Tactical Combat

Class: Martial Artist (Python Style, Stone Wall Style, Weeping Willow Style, Focused Attack)
Role: Striker (Damage Boost, Quick Shift, Strike Back)
Feat: Superhuman (Climb walls without penalty, Heatvision)

I kind of want another skill to justify a wealth rating of 0. Will think on it

ZeeToo fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Feb 7, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Julie Zhang
Theme

Like a lot of people, Julie grew up without a lot. Having to make her way on the streets, she found a release when she was able to scrounge up enough cash from testing experimental PSIbernetic implants for a cheap hoverboard. The powers didn't really hurt either, weak as they were. She idolized hoverboarders, as a lot of them came from her lifestyle and found prosperity. And as she got better, so did she. Before long, she was a big name on the amateur circuit and got the attention of Apollon Sports, who decided to sponsor her. Sure, the sponsor takes a bigger cut than they should, but she's getting a decent living doing what she loves, so she grins and bears it for now, taking on various second jobs and improving her implants to do so.

Background: Pro Hoverboarder
Origin: PSI-Augged Punk

Wealth: Rich [2]
Skills: Apollon Sports Board Team (Connections), Hoverboarding, Publicity, Street Smarts, Psiotic Abilities, Hip Hop Culture

Tricks: Parkour Parkour Antilla (Always knows the quickest and most elegant route through urban environs), Julie Zhang's Pro Hoverboarder (Can find the best places to pull sick tricks and gaps)

Belief: Even at the top, things kinda suck.
Instinct: If you can't do it with style, it ain't worth doing.

Gear: Hoverboard, Safety Pads, Digital Music Player, Sweet Shoes, PSI Implants

Kit: The Psychic
Advances: Reliable Telepath

Class: The Magician
Role: Blaster
Feat: Sprinter

Backstory and more detailed tactical stuff later.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 9, 2016

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Gwendolyn Ku

Background:
Gwen's parents left Singapore for the "safety" of the US with her when she was just a child, and then were promptly killed in a 'terrorist incident' that was later shown to be a harbinger of the Data Wars en route. Left to fend for herself in what was now a distinctly unfriendly Hawaii, Gwen grew up hopping from household to household, and from school to jail cell.

Eventually, after her third arrest for grand theft auto and destruction of property in a single year, the US government gave her an ultimatum: sign up for a term of service with the CARLSBAD program or be sent back to what was now a warzone. Figuring that uncertain death was better than certain death, Gwen chose CARLSBAD. Which promptly sent her back to the warzone, after some training and modifications.

CARLSBAD gave her her second pair of eyes, some fast friends, and as the war dragged on and casualties mounted, a lifetime of regrets. Eventually, the Anaheim Mistake destroyed CARLSBAD Command, and in the ensuing chaos of the closing shots of the war the surviving BAD Company members quietly vanished into what is now the SEAEC.

Since then, Gwen's been taking up mercenary work. Destroying stuff with some buddies is the only thing she has a background in- only remotely profitable thing, anyway.

Personality:
Gwen's never in the center of any social gathering, but she's always at them. She likes being close to people, but not close enough to feel like poo poo when they get hurt. Which, in the underbelly of Antillia, is probably more certain than taxes, though death is a coin toss. She has few close friends and no enemies left alive, which is exactly how she likes it.

Gwen rarely stays in one place for long. Stability is unfamiliar.

She hasn't let anyone into her (string of temporary) house(s) since Lizbet died.

Background: A Soldier With No Nation
Skills: Traitor Sense, Watching Backs, Sizing Up the Situation, War Buds (Connections), Running Like Hell
Wealth: 1
Trick: Sleep When You Can - Gwen never gets tired. A soldier learns to steal seconds of rest between the bullets.

Origin: Last-Chancer
Skills: Losing the Fuzz, Hidden Stashes, Hacking With a Screwdriver
Trick: DRIVE!- Gwen can find a way to get a vehicle into or out of wherever it needs to be.

Belief: Keeping your buddies alive is more important than anything.
Instinct: Keep one eye open. You never know when something is going to go wrong. Trust your gut.
Goals:

Gear: "Lizbet" (custom handgun, a gift from the departed), Bag full of munitions, Ocular implants, Shi-Cho M-512 motorcycle, Tool kit

Kit: The Wayfarer
Advance: (Driver) I'm Just Borrowing It!

Class: The Duelist
Duel: Find an Opening
Change Target
Exploit Weakness
No Escape
Perfect Defense
Role: Defender
Defense Boost
Stickiness Boost
Mark
Action Trigger: You call that a shot?
Feat: Supersoldier (Soliton Radar, Combat Roll [move through occupied spaces])

K Prime fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 8, 2016

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Iveta Kolar

Pictured: Iveta trying to be inconspicuous, Iveta actually fighting something

Project Caelum was supposed to be the future for Apex. The beginning of a whole new line of synergistic augmentation packages. They just needed to get it through human testing, but once that’s done they can move directly into mass production. And once mass production starts, well, everything’s gravy. There was no way Project Caelum wasn’t going to be the biggest thing Apex Technologies did all year.
---
Project Caelum was supposed to be Iveta’s path to a better life. It was going to get her out of this no-name factory town. It was going to give her augmentations that cost more than she’d make in her lifetime. It was going to earn her a well-paid post in Apex Securities after all of this was done. Project Caelum was going to be the best thing she ever signed up for.
---
Project Caelum had a… rocky start, shall we say. 75% of test subjects died from implant rejection in the first month. The remaining subjects were locked into constant painful spasms as their nervous systems adjusted to the synaptic boosters. Which was expected, to be fair. The process was just more drawn out than predicted. This turned Project Caelum into something of a profit hole, but that was fine. Apex Technologies’ profits were at a record high. Everything was going to be fine.
---
On the day of the Tondo Incident, Apex Technologies stock fell 28%.
---
Project Caelum was officially shut down twelve days after the Tondo Incident.
---
The scientists were transferred. The equipment was repurposed. The only loose ends left were the test subjects. They could have simply ‘removed’ them, but they promoted this project too much. Their disappearance would be noticed, and the last thing Apex needs is more investigations into their R&D department. They could be integrated into Apex Securities as per usual for successful test subjects, but Securities was hit harder than anyone. There simply isn’t room for all the test subjects.

Fortunately for Apex, there was a third option. Cut them loose entirely. Give them a severance package, let the world forget about them, and then they can decide what to do with them. And that is what they did.
---
Iveta wasn’t quite sure how to react when her severance notice came. On one hand, Apex screwed her. They promised her the world, and they gave her months of pain and a sum of money that’s barely worth mentioning before kicking her out the door. On the other hand, she did get everything she asked for out of this. She’s in a new city, full of opportunities. She has augmentations that are more advanced than anything you could buy for the next decade. For once, she has an actual future.

So, maybe Apex did sell her short. She’ll just have to find some other way to get her money’s worth in Antilla City...

Main Sheet posted:

Background: (Ex) Corporate Security
-Skills: ‘Pacification Techniques’, Security Protocols, Pursuit, Interrogation, Surveillance
-Wealth: Poor (1)
-Trick: Stonewall: Whether through practice or thickheadedness, corporate security can always out-wait or out-stare someone.

Origin: Biomechanical Test Subject
-Skills: Enduring Pain, Enhanced Reflexes

Personalize:
-Skills: Corporate Exiles (Connection)
-Trick: Cutting Edge: Iveta can always be that much faster than another person, or at least until her augments enter the common market.

Gear: Collapsible baton, pocket scope, a handful of zip ties

Belief: Corporations will buy and sell us all, so make sure you go for a good price
Instinct: When violence breaks out, neutralize the biggest immediate threat as soon as possible
Goal: Blank for now

Kit: The Spy
-Advances: Tailed

Detailed Combat posted:

Shapechanger - Multi-Form Shifter
-At-Wills: Blurred Form, Primal Compulsion

Form 1: Form of the Hawk - Activating Synaptic Enhancers
-Encounter: Hawk’s Transformation
-At-Wills: Fly Kick-Off, Diving Feint
-Role: Blaster
-Role Powers: Multitarget Boost, Precision Boost, Consistent Attack
Note: I’m refluffing Flying here as jumping around and doing too much acrobatic bullet time poo poo to engage properly in regular melee combat. This could get weird if she faces anything that actually flies, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.)

Form 2: Form of the Viper - Fingerblades, Anticoagulant Coating
-Encounter: Viper’s Transformation
-At-Wills: Venom, Enervation
-Role: Striker
-Role Powers: Damage Boost, Quick Shift, Strike Back

Form 3: Form of the Kraken - Subdermal Nanomesh Weave, General CQC Training
-Encounter: Kraken’s Transformation
-At-Wills: Grab, Crush
-Role: Defender
-Role Powers: Defense Boost, Stickiness Boost, Mark

Feats: Multi-Role Shapeshifter

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Life down here at street level, among the swarming crowds and flashing ads and the roar of traffic, has come as something of a shock to Li Morrison. Who'd have thought that all this noise and chaos was going on below her feet all this time? It's raining, steam rising from the plasphalt as she waits with a dozen others for the crosswalk; she glances up at the towering spires above and tries to pick out the apartment she used to call home.

Everything was fine! She still doesn't know how it happened. Backroom politics? Bad luck? Or was something more sinister at work? All she knows is that one day she woke up to find: a) a bunch of friendly men at the door, politely informing her that she was sleeping in a house she no longer owned, b) her father's suicide on the news, c) no sign of her mother (or the private jet, naturally), and d) all the zeroes in the family bank account on the wrong side. How's that for breakfast?

She learned some of the details later. Apparently Mom and Dad's company had, suddenly and (seemingly) without warning, collapsed, sending stock prices crashing and the family fortune with them. They contracted with Apex, did that have something to do with it? But everything happened behind closed doors, nobody would tell her anything, oh, we're so sorry Miss, but there's nothing we can do.

That left her with three things. One, the clothes on her back. Two, a bunch of skills that, it turns out, nobody will pay you to use. And three...

You have to understand, Dad was a good father. And a good scientist. But when the two overlapped, his judgement was... a little shaky. Since before she could remember, Li'd spent an hour every day on what he called "practice." This involved putting on special glasses and special headphones and then, oh, it's sort of like daydreaming, thoughts pour through your head and afterwards you feel all light and a little dizzy and you can't remember any of it. Except it's not really gone, exactly: length of a sidereal day, twenty-three point five six four hours. She can look at people and guess their name, where they're going to step, what they're going to say. When she was four or so she'd done the molecular structure of chlorophyll in crayons. Mom taped it to the fridge.

At first, of course, she figured that was just a thing every kid did. But now she knows. There's an international crime burned into her brain, and there's no way to get it out.

quote:

Li Morrison

Background: Socialite
Skills: The Rich and Powerful [Connections], Charming Personality, Rumors and Gossip, Lying Through Your Teeth
Trick: First Impressions: A socialite can always make friends with someone she's never met before.

Origin: Fallen Rich Kid
Skills: Looking Like You Own the Place, Family Friends [Connections]

Wealth: Poor

Personal:
Para-memetic Predictive Database Engrams, Questionable Logic
Trick: Li can always come up with an explanation for something that at least sounds plausible.

Kit: The Scholar
Advance: Library

Belief: Everyone lies, everyone has an agenda.
Instinct:
Goal:

Combat posted:

Class: Warlord
Pure Support Powers
Incisive

Knock Him Off Balance
Morale-Boosting Punching Bag
Don't Give Up

Role: Controller
Control Boost
Damage Reduction Boost: Sap Strength
Action Trigger: Freeze!

Feats:
Fast Reactions

megane fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 29, 2016

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Sorry this took so long! Tell me if there's anything wrong with this!

Vincent ”Radio" Yerevan

(Theme: https://youtu.be/eW6sEkTGbUc )

Life used to be so much simpler for Vincent. Go to fast-track compsi high school, hang out with buddies, dodge the odd Data War skirmish between corporate hit squads, come home to an empty capsule apartment with a holo note from the parents saying they were overseeing an exciting new development in Coil connections and that they’d be staying at work (Live On Line Cyber-connec-tics, a Subsidiary of Apex Technologies!) so heat up some leftovers in the fab cooker...simple! Come to think of it, he got an artificial womb, a bunch of surrogate sitters, lots of special programming supposedly good for development (where’d that M-- R-- guy come from, anyway?)... no wonder he grew up a net baby, plugged into the Coil every moment he could get. But compared to an awful lot of people he had a rich and easy life. At least he grew up sweet?

The first complication came when he “volunteered,” or maybe “was volunteered” to help them out over the weekend in this awesome new study about how people used the Coil in their normal lives. Just drink some of this special on-brand energy drink every morning (simple enough), use the Coil as you do (okay), and write down how you feel! The first hour he felt oddly lightheaded. The second hour he felt like his entire body was on fire. By the end of the day an antenna had begun to erupt from the nape of his neck. And by the end of the next week...well, a system of nanomachines designed to turn your brain and body into the bio-cybernetic equivalent of a supercomputer with full Coil networking will do that to you.

Which wouldn’t have been so bad--heck, for a net baby like Vincent, it felt pretty good after he coughed up all the blood and nanogel and everything he’d eaten in the past year--if not for why LOL CCT (a Subsidiary of Apex Technologies!) had developed that technology...and the second complication. Because a company like Apex doesn’t have only one team and technique dedicated to problems like cyber implant anti-rejection, robotic targeting judgment, and, yes, mind uploading. And after the Tondo incident led to one team being dismantled and its assets liquidated, a different team with a different approach of digitizing the human mind decided to make a play for funds and power. A team that wanted to put Vincent’s now less-than-fleshy body in a permanent coma, stuff his mind into a controlled LAN, present him as a breakthrough to the world, and study him forever. A team that just happened to be led by Vincent’s parents.

Yeah, time to get himself a ticket to someplace with no corporate extradition laws and a slot on a missing persons list.

It’s been a few months since Vincent stowed away on a transport to Antillia City, changed his name (the nickname came first, after the goddamn antenna, and he changed his last name to one that flowed naturally from that to make himself just a little harder to find), and got himself a Mercury Collective passport. The shock of going from “child” to “experiment” has worn down a bit. Time to get settled. And “cyber-relationship counselor” or “therapeutic punch bag” aren’t going to pay his dues to Mercury. Happy Turtle seems to be hiring, and with a cute name like that, who can resist…?

quote:

Background: Programmer (sample)
Coding, Hardware, Online Communications, Encryption and Security, Techie Friends (Connections)
Poor [1]
Trick: I Know This Code: A Programmer can always figure out how to work an unfamiliar computer program from the front end or the back.

Origin: Cyberized Ex-Corp Heir
Skills: Coil-crack (think “hacking”)(special?), Negotiation

Additional Skill: Buddy Chat
Trick: Hug Punch: Vincent has a demeanor that makes you want to hug him or punch him in the face. As long as a conflict hasn't escalated to straight violence, he can always defuse it in one of those ways (i.e., through empathy or a brief moment of slapstick violence with him as the victim).

Gear:
Super-fancy comms headset, with HUD Visor and cybernetic integration
Nano-cybernetic body enhancements
Day-Glo Clubwear

Kit: The Psychic (The Googler?)
Advance: Reliable Telepath

Belief: This world needs a hug
Instinct: If a fight breaks out, get everybody else out of the way first--I’m fixable!
Goal: None yet

quote:

Class: The Warlord
Enabling:
At Will 1: Morale-Boosting Punching Bag (“Act -> Cheer!”) (Melee to Range 5, Roll, S)
At Will 2: Enumerate its Weaknesses (“HAAAAAX!”) (Melee to Range 5, Roll, 2)
Encounter: Don’t Give Up (Interrupt) (“Stay Determined”?)

Role: Leader

Tactics (Encounter, refresh 5 or 6)
Heal (Encounter, range 5)

Action Trigger:
Try again! (Encounter, Reaction)
Trigger: An ally makes an attack and dislikes the result.
Spend an Action Point. The ally may reroll the attack.

Feat: Superhuman
Datalinked (Matrix Vision!)
“Flash Step” impulse exchange system (You can spend a Move Action to teleport up to your speed to swap places with a willing creature you can see, or an Attack Action if they are unwilling.)

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 11, 2016

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...
Brenna Shah

A headless biker rides the rain-slicked streets of Antillia City. Those in the know may call her, and if they're fortunate she appears. A bulky gray package waits silently at her side. A flash of bright red is glimpsed through a seam in the plastic, and a low growling fills the air. An armored hand slowly reaches in...it's the house special red miso ramen, 30% off all this week.

Brenna's lived most of her life in the overcrowded room above the Stone Lion Restaurant and Bar. Her adoptive father was too poor to afford much in the way of augmentations, and their shop only stayed in business because the Seven Stars 'graciously' lets them. But that doesn't faze her in the slightest. Back when she had a body, she put her boundless energy to good use as the Stone Lion's premiere delivery girl. Her customers ranged from Coil-addicted Secretariat office ladies to grizzled runners with no address, to Mercury Collective ops hungry for one last meaty meal. It was hard work, but it was good work.

It all stopped when she was riddled with bullets while biking past a corporate skirmish. She arrived at the hospital with most of her organs bled beyond repair; her only chance at survival involved immediate removal and preservation of the head. The operation's costs effectively put her family into debt slavery, but Brenna managed to see another day. A cyber-organ filled disk installed beneath her neck now lets her eat, speak, and think like any other person. She tried her best to keep a positive attitude during the disembodied years that followed, but the helplessness of their situation couldn't escape her.

A silver lining showed up in the form of a black-market implants dealer. Said dealer was at the end of her rope; too many bridges burned, with no friends left but a lady who delivered noodles. As one last attempt at redemption she offered Brenna a fully cybernetic body, sans head. She didn't mention that it was a missing Toku Heavy Industries wonder-weapon, passed between countless scavengers and now-deceased operators. Brenna wasn't in a position to ask.

After a few months of ramen delivery (at triple her previous speed), she knew it still wasn't enough. The Happy Turtle, though: they'd been regular customers and paid more than she'd ever dreamed of. And so she took her next big chance.

A good dog, adopted as a stray just a year before her accident. His origins are shrouded in mystery, but his intelligence causes many to joke that he's a test subject for enhanced neural growth. The good money says they're right. For some reason, high-level security protocols and digital fail-safes stop working whenever the corgi plays near a terminal. It happens even more now that Brenna's cyborg body has wireless.

Welsh corgis were once known as the wise steeds of the fairies. True to legend, Cú has been taught to carry the dullahan's head to safety if anything goes wrong. Brenna even had a miniature saddle made for him, but he hates it so she stopped.

quote:

Background: Cyber-Dullahan
Skills: Spooking, Cyborg Strength, Hard Work and Guts, Speedy Delivery, Open Hearted, Cú
Trick: The Amazing Plug-In Head (Brenna can instinctively hack devices, especially drones, with her head's in-built transmitter.)

Origin: Ramen Delivery Woman
Skills: Disarming Personality, The Regulars [Connections]
Trick: I Know This Town Like The Back Of My Hand (Brenna's got a good memory for shortcuts and hidden paths in the City.)

Kit: The Fountain
Advance: Good Relations

Wealth: Poor
Belief: No one deserves to starve.
Instinct: Juggles her head when she's bored, no matter who or what is watching.

Combat posted:

(source)

Sketch of THI-35D with its operator, Col. Lorelei von Stahlheim (MIA). Thanks to the power of Nishikiori Adaptivity ®, the THI-35D can fool military-grade weapons scanners by recreating its arsenal within milliseconds.

Class: Magician (Chaos Adept)
-When 6 is rolled on any attack, can choose to forgo extra damage to add the Effect of one of 6 Encounter Spells you don't know.

At-Will:
Emergency Impact Vents (The Instant Repulsion: push adj. creature 3 squares, Melee, DMG 2)
Atomic Rocket Arm (Margul's Toxic Missile: 1 ongoing DMG+lose 1 Resistance (save ends), RNG 10+DMG 2)

Encounter (Chooses 3, randomly select 1 p. fight):
Fire All Missiles! (Horwell's Offensive Amalgam, RNG 10+DMG 3)
PRYDWEN Barrier (When a creature hits you with an attack, it instead misses)
Control Override (Furz's Undeniable Command, RNG 10+DMG 3)

Role: Defender
Feat: Never Give Up! (Resilient)

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Feb 23, 2016

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I don't want specify a specific deadline, but may as well say that apps will be closed by the end of the weekend.

If someone needs more time than that, please let me know.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Kalangitan aka Felepa aka Sushi Suero

Generala Turac -

Six years ago, I answered the revolutionary call of the New People's Liberation Army. In the face of the rising power of the corporations, the cowardice and greed of the fascist colonial government, which gave up the soil of the free and sovereign people of the Philippines in a - I will simply move on.

I took up the revolutionary name of Felepa, and was trained in the use of firearms and explosives. In infiltration tactics. I learned how to bypass security, how to break into secure locations, no matter what stood between me and my target. I learned to be very good at it. I took part in numerous successful operations at your behest.

This is why, after the Tendo Incident, you chose me for the Dayang Action Committee. I took up the name of Kalangitan then, and planned and trained for a major operation in Antilla. It was to be the crowning moment of our movement. A beacon, a shining example of our righteous cause.

It failed. My comrades died, all but a handful. I survived, and went into hiding. Among the forgotten of Antilla, I saw how the oppressors, how the corporations, kept them under the jackboot.

And I saw how we failed them. How our revolution brought them nothing but suffering. How we were as much oppressors as they were.

I am done. I am done with the Huks, with causes. I am taking my skills and using them as I see fit. I will keep what I know to myself, and I will not interfere with your actions. Not unless you make me.

Good luck, and I hope we never meet again.

- Kalangitan

Character posted:

Background: Infiltrator
Skills: Breaking & Entering, Climbing, Social Engineering, Stealth, Security Systems, The Disenfranchised (Connections)
Trick: Exfiltration - An Infiltrator knows how to get in, and how to get out. When something goes wrong in your plan, you saw it coming and have a way to sneak out.
Wealth: Penniless [0]

Origin: Revolutionary
Skills: Demolitions, Small Arms
Trick: By Any Means Necessary - A Revolutionary can always win a clean fight by turning it into a dirty one.

Kit: The Protagonist
Basic: Hero's Journey
Advance: Underestimated

Belief: The wealthy and the powerful are not to be trusted, no matter what banner they wave.
Instinct: If cornered, blow something up.
Goal:

Combat posted:

Class: The Bombardier
Shaped Blasts: Squares, Crosses
Misfire!: When you roll a 1 on any attack, do not take a Strike. Instead, take 2 damage and the zone your bomb creates is centered on you. Misfires are always square shaped.
Slow Burn: Gain the Delayed Fuse power.
Powers: Grenade, Sonic Bomb, Hot Bomb, Sticky Bomb

Role: Blaster
Multitarget Boost
Terrain Boost: Gain the Terrain power.
Action Trigger: Consistent Attack

Feat: Stealthy

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 13, 2016

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Yo, this is still here. Going to make picks after work today.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

From the list of part-time hires at Happy Turtle Deliveries:

Li Morrison, a superbrain socialite...
Gwendolyn Ku, a four-eyed mercenary...
Brenna Shah, a cyber-Dullahan...
Iveta Kolar, a hardwired security officer..
and Kalangitan, a former Huk revolutionary...

Thanks to everyone for applying. It was really hard to narrow picks down even though this was a smaller recruitment than I usually do. Lots of good concepts to consider.

Okay, so I'll try to set up the game by this weekend, if all goes well. Feel free to talk shop among yourselves, like how the group gets along together, what kind of missions they prefer, any tactical combat adjustments you want to make.

Also, should I implement Relationships in this game?

Mitama fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 19, 2016

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

TurninTrix posted:

Also, should I implement Relationships in this game?

I'm good with making a few NPCs to have relationships with, but I'm also not sure how often the relationship rules would come up in game. Then again having contacts to call on that may or may not be acting in your best interest works well for cyberpunk so maybe we should go for it? Eh, either way, I'll just go with what everyone else goes for.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Yeah, I agree on that; relationships are cool but Strike's spend-an-action-point-to-call-them mechanic is a little odd.

By the way, combat-wise we've got:

pre:
Iveta      Shapeshifter B/S/D
Gwen       Duelist      Defender
Li         Warlord      Controller
Brenna     Magician     Defender
Kalangitan Bombardier   Blaster
No Leaders, if somebody feels like swapping to one. But we're probably fine as-is.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I"m going to take a look at Leader this weekend, but we might be better off with the extra firepower. I'll run the numbers though.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

For the opening shadowrun, would you like the idea of starting the game to a terrible situation in the middle of the run, then flashing back to the briefing and how we got to this situation to start with?

I think it would be, but I want to make sure everyone would be on board with that sorta thing.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

TurninTrix posted:

For the opening shadowrun, would you like the idea of starting the game to a terrible situation in the middle of the run, then flashing back to the briefing and how we got to this situation to start with?

I think it would be, but I want to make sure everyone would be on board with that sorta thing.

I'm good with that. It'll give us a chance to try out our combat stats early, at the very least. EDIT: Or just a chance to do cool stuff in a tense scene. Just remembered that a terrible situation may not necessarily be a capital-F Fight.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 20, 2016

megane
Jun 20, 2008

TurninTrix posted:

Yes please. :black101:

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I like it.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

TurninTrix posted:

Sounds cool.

Reactions to the crew:

Gwendolyn Ku: "If I'm gonna make it at Happy Turtle I've gotta train with the best. Obviously that's Gwen. She's like the heroines on the telescreen shows! I bet she took down giant drones all by herself, or stopped the world from blowing up-uh, blowing up more during the wars, or maybe she's got a secret line to the Head Secretary. I haven't accomplished like, a tenth of what she probably has. I'll try my best though!"

Iveta Kolar: "I'm a headless dullahan, and she's a werewolf. Right? She's got the claws, and the transforming, and the pretty white hair. Totally a werewolf. Plus, she was a regular townie just like I was before she got her augs. We've got a lot in common, really! Ya know what, I'm gonna invite her to the sub-district Halloween party once that rolls around. We'll knock the costume contest out of the park."

Li Morrison: "Gosh, people from the Spires sure are fancy. I know Li's only got one outfit left, but I'm pretty sure it costs more than my whole wardrobe back home. Plus she sounds so smart when she talks. Which is kinda weird, since sometimes she doesn't really know how streets work? Or like how you buy food from stands? I gotta make sure she doesn't get lost."

Kalangitan: "It's kinda hard to talk to her since I'm not really sure what her name is. And there's also all the, uh, bombs. Honestly Kalang's kind of scary. On the bright side, though, she does seem to care about us ordinary folks. She uses a lot of really long words whenever she talks about it, but I feel like her heart is in the right place. Yup. Um, there's nothing on the back of my neck right now is there?"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I'm up to swap to Striker if someone else getting leader would end up with us needing more boom.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

I looked it over but I'd like to stick with Bombardier/Blaster. I may grab the Minor Role Leader later if we're struggling.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I'll get all my Strike posting done this week, probably during my off-day on Thursday. If not, please bug me and holler at me. :B

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Li Morrison, a superbrain socialite...
Too high class for me. Knows her wine, though. Knows a lot of things. Good person to ask about the world, but complete poo poo at actually living in it.

Brenna Shah, a cyber-Dullahan...
If there's anybody in the city I'd say is worse off and weirder than me, it's her. Dunno how she keeps the smile on.

Iveta Kolar, a hardwired security officer..
Got about the same under the skin as I do, if aimed a different way. Dangerous. Can't be trusted. Same as me.

and Kalangitan, a former Huk revolutionary...
Her, I understand.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Some reactions, because everyone else is.

Li Morrison: Once a VIP, always a VIP. Not that she won't be useful, mind you. She wouldn't be in the field if she couldn't be useful. She'll just have to be guarded a bit more closely than everyone else.

Gwendolyn Ku: If there's one person here that I can rely on, it's her. She'll drive where she needs to drive, she'll shoot who she needs to shoot, she'll do what she needs to do. Is she a loose cannon? Yes. Do I care? Not particularly.

Brenna Shah: I've met children that are less green than her, but she's got more augments than I do. Strange how that works. Still, an augmented rookie is still a rookie. She will learn how to operate around here, even if I have to be the one to teach her.

(Also, a werewolf? Really? Vampire, I could see, but werewolf... Never mind. This is childish.)

Kalangitan: There are two things in this world that are more dangerous to your allies than anything else. High explosives, and principles. Kalangitan has both.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3766013

Game up!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Oh hey I should do reactions

Gwendolyn Ku: A tornado that walks like a woman. Never slows down, drinks wine like it's air and drives like the world is ending. She's the first Happy Turtle I met; we were at the same party, just after I came down here.

Brenna Shah: I've known some people with augs, of course, but just... an eye, or maybe a hand. Almost real, with barely visible seams and a bit of a plastic sheen. So I almost screamed when she unhooked her head the first time. But... I was just being short-sighted. It turns out she's very friendly, always smiling. And she has the cutest little dog! She does give me strange looks at some of the things I say, though.

Iveta Kolar: An enigma, so far. I've tried to recall information about her, or her background, both from inside my head and from the Coil. Nothing -- corporate secrets maybe? What is she doing here? What's her game?

Kalangitan: Don't tell her, but she terrifies me, if I'm honest. I keep starting to introduce myself, but whenever I look her in the eyes my mind just goes blank and I can't think of anything to say. At the same time, though... she's amazing! The thing's she's done and seen... It makes me feel like a fragile little weakling in comparison.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Li Morrison
When I first met her, I dismissed her as a bourgeoisie poser, an ivory tower intellectual. Just another broken gear cast off by the machine, soon forgotten. But she is intelligent, and tougher than I expected. I can keep Li alive long enough to learn how the world really works, she could really make something of herself. Not sure why I really care.

Brenna Shah
I doubt I could be so optimistic, so upbeat, if I were in her shoes. Bad enough that she spent a life trodden upon by the plutocrats, and then to get caught up in the spasmodic violence of the hopeless, tricked by their oppressors into preying upon their comrades... Sorry. Brenna is green, naive, but someone who's survived what she has is someone I want on my side.

Iveta Kolar
Used and betrayed by her masters, who made her into a weapon, and then discarded her when she became inconvenient. Fed on false hopes that were dashed to protect the powerful. I can relate, but even I am not as paranoid and cynical as Iveta. There's a line between skepticism and nihilism, and we stand on opposite sides of it.

Gwendolyn Ku
She's a killer, an imperialist dog. One that bit the hand of her masters and shed the leash. She and I have a lot in common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

posting soon. school is exhausting.

• Locked thread