Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i can't remember who said that mike pyle 'looks like an out-of-work roofer' but it's literally the first thing i think of whenever i see his name

manyak posted:

Osp and feijao can both suck my rear end

same for every lhw from bader down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

Mike Pyle has had 38 fights and his last fight was the first time in his career he'd lost two in a row. Not that it's impossible or even unlikely that he'll lose this, but the dude is tough.

i really like pyle. he seems like a really nice guy and his ko of james head has always stuck with me. i can't remember his last fight with covington but apparently he lost a decision. the last time he lost a decision was his very first pro fight. against rampage. in '99. drat that guy's resume is just all sorts of impressive.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Saw this and thought of you. ..if reading this doesn't get you pumped up about tonight's card, nothing will

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/10-rea...n=&st_refQuery=

awesome. clickbait listicles to hype lovely cards. hate to break it to you mr. journalist guy but joe b / makovsky probably doesn't have title implications unless the implication is they don't fight for the title

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

put that poo poo in black and white and werdum's in the infomercial hell dimension where it's too difficult to use weights/drawers/jugs/cutlery

lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i hope this is one of those 'good against all odds' cards

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

artem has exactly one punch

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

why do people hate lobov?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

reformed bad troll posted:

I should probably clarify that as "the most z-level fighter I've ever seen in the UFC"

hilarious considering the gall / jackson fight

afatwhiteloaf posted:

he got in on TUF because he's Conor's friend, he's a dick to people on twitter, he has one skill (right hand)

ah.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

how do you train at a pro gym with literal world champions and be this bad?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

reformed bad troll posted:

Valid.

Is this a "winner gets CM Punk" match or is it o Ly if Gall wins?

If Jackson wins do we need to wait another year for Dana to find someone to fight him?

it's only guarenteed for gall, but jackson should be personable enough to talk himself into the fight if he wins. all it would take is to get a post fight interview and be like 'u scared phil? lol'

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Life must be hosed up when you're a fighter with literal T. rex arms.

sure when it comes to wiping your rear end but that alone doesn't excuse this performance

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lolllll. back to the z leagues

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

someone please gif that self owning

manyak posted:

I dont like saying guys in the ufc suck but that was a throwback for sure

yeah

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

His jew jitsu was strong, but the knee was stronger

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

That take down defence at the end of that round didn't look possible

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Woooooooo mike Pyle!

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Boco_T posted:

I guess when you got a 0-0 vs 1-0 fight on the prelims then you get these guys fighting on the main card

I have no loving idea who these people are.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I just saw a reasonably watchable unranked lhw fight. Card of the year.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Sharzak posted:

Actually that fight was bad and the fighters were bad

You have extremely high standards for unranked lhw fights.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Bubba Smith posted:

I do think Benavidez edges out a decision due to "aggression" but this is a very close fight.

I must have watched a different fight because I thought that was a clear 30-27

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I hate this division so much.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Once Feijao loses this fight he'll move to 1-4 in the UFC and with any luck will be cut

That still leaves us with osp and many lhw that are way worse than him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Heavyweight is a better division than LHW.

This is true and after the next fight this will still be true and that's hosed up.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lmao Roy is the worst

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

This fight sucks all ducks but at least the scorecards will be funny

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Thoughts and prayers to all those people watching mma for the first time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Top 3 upsets of 2016 I guarantee

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

All the Robbie lawler fanboys should be worried that he just did that in 1 round to a guy Robbie basically couldnt hurt in 1 hour of fighting

[smithers voice] you softened him up for me sir

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

scoggins, conor, wonderboy and young machida are making a great case for a focus on long karate stances and lazer accuracy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MysteryNad posted:

fotn: pyle/spencer

quicksand has to be up there with the most appropriate nicknames in the sport. what mike pyle does to people who are only pretty good is awesome and satisfying to watch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

i went 11-1 and goonweight isn't in season :saddowns:

who'd you miss? better not have been scoggins or pyle.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

i picked noad lahat, even though i stated the only thing i remembered about him was his previous flying knee ko loss, but :cmon: his opponent was some TUF Latin America dingus

Edit: would have racked up 20 goonweight points based on my results picks

ARGH, DANGIT

wow that's some objectively solid picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

rosholt is one of the few guys in the ufc who is not just worthless, but actively affects your bottom line in a bad way. there is a negative desire to have him fighting for you. whenever his contract is up he has to get kicked the gently caress out of the ufc.

• Locked thread