Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Namtab posted:

Ok this show owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So, chances the show helps the novels get licensed in the US?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The Sandman posted:

So, chances the show helps the novels get licensed in the US?

The fan translation got a dmca notice a while ago so it seems someone already got the rights

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
If I'm being honest with myself this is now the show I look forward to the most every week. It's just too much fun.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
The nature of this show seems to go really well with DEEN's QUALITY animation.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I agree, the animation is good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

InfinityComplex posted:

The nature of this show seems to go really well with DEEN's QUALITY animation.

perhaps, if this show didn't actually have pretty alright animation

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

This kind of in your face fanservice doesn't actually bother me that much. It's the incredibly silly outfits 90% of the incidental characters have. It's like every female character is budgeted 2 square feet of material so they all end up wearing short shorts and bikini tops.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

7c Nickel posted:

This kind of in your face fanservice doesn't actually bother me that much. It's the incredibly silly outfits 90% of the incidental characters have. It's like every female character is budgeted 2 square feet of material so they all end up wearing short shorts and bikini tops.

Darkness is decently dressed. Note that being decently dressed does not necessarily imply actual decency overall.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm not mad about fanservice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dunno, they're silly fanservice outfits in a dumb comedy fantasy anime. i don't see why the outfits would bother you in this context if none of the other fanservice does

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

7c Nickel posted:

They got all their clothes from Final Fantasy X NPC's.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i dunno, they're silly fanservice outfits in a dumb comedy fantasy anime. i don't see why the outfits would bother you in this context if none of the other fanservice does

There is fanservice. :mad:
And there is fanservice! :shobon:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

7c Nickel posted:

fanservice doesn't actually bother me

sameagreed.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I don't care, about fanservice

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fanservice taken too far is just gross. queen's blade, for example. for this show, it is on the level of "there are female characters who exist and wear clothes". truly horrifying.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
here are megumin's thoughts on fanservice:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I thought the first episode was good, then the goddess puked up a rainbow and it became wonderful. Can't wait til they pick up the Mage i.e. the objectively best class.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

a kitten posted:

Can't wait til they pick up the Mage i.e. the objectively best class.

You have no idea.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a kitten posted:

I thought the first episode was good, then the goddess puked up a rainbow and it became wonderful. Can't wait til they pick up the Mage i.e. the objectively best class.

megumin and darkness are both awesome

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Darkness is like a super-weird, human version of Cerea from Monster Musume, and that makes her best by a small amount over Megumin. It's a close race.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Darkness wont really get much story in this season sadly. Her backstory only starts getting handled in volume 3 and this season seems to end at volume 2 if we are lucky.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Darkness doesn't need story. She needs to be a creep. It's great.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Here is Darkness' tragic past: she was raised normally by a nice family.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Darkness' backstory is that she was the Paladin in Bikini Warriors before being reincarnated and promoted to the Crusader advanced class in KonoSuba.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

grrarg posted:

Darkness' backstory is that she was the Paladin in Bikini Warriors before being reincarnated and promoted to the Crusader advanced class in KonoSuba.

This is also acceptable.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Here is Darkness' tragic past: she was raised normally by a nice family.

:ohdear:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I didn't like 3 and 4 so much, but then 5 happened and it was loving magical. 6 was pretty great too.

Drutten
Mar 30, 2011
Episode 7 was pretty quiet for KonoSuba but Darkness was in fine form throughout, with the highlight being her getting off on having her face smooshed into the snow. And once again, Aqua proved surprisingly competent at exactly the wrong time, which is my favourite thing about her. While telegraphed well in advance, the resurrection gag was great.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Winter clothes were cute, sadly the explosion felt really weak this time, so overall I rate this episode "eh". Megumin lying in snow playing dead was great

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Just watched Episode 6. Megumin floating around at the end was pretty funny.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i like how the mc always answers like 'yes i'm kazuma'

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Even a goddess has to wear breast pads.

Kaptain
Oct 5, 2014
Looking at the preview, i guess they're skipping the party swap and brothel episode.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The former sounds interesting and from the title alone, I'm glad they skipped the latter.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i want a tiny snow sprite buddy

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Speaking as a former DM, a brothel visit is a great excuse to knock your players out and steal all their belongings.

Works well in-game too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Speaking as namtab, the brothel ep will be an ova