Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe. I guess, death of the author poo poo, but the filmmakers said he's whatever he wants to be. Dude just likes to gently caress. I've heard that's how he is in the newer comics, rather than being straight up queer. Unless I'm missing something. I've only read the Joe Kelly runs and the Cable Vs. Deadpool stuff. I know he married some girl recently, but that may not have been a girl. I have no idea. I just haven't seen anything that's fully been like "Deadpool is gay." Which, fine if he is, it does add to his character. But if they went kinda half assed with it, I could see that being a bit iffy.

Which is why I would think it's weird to call a film queer, despite the main character being in a non queer relationship. Would that be slightly offensive? Someone let me know. Or are you just saying it's pro queer? Which I could see yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Also your entire inability at the concept of humor. It's like you're a alien from Galaxy Quest finding things funny that aren't actually funny or finding them funny because of some irrelevant issues.

What?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe. I guess, death of the author poo poo, but the filmmakers said he's whatever he wants to be. Dude just likes to gently caress. I've heard that's how he is in the newer comics, rather than being straight up queer. Unless I'm missing something. I've only read the Joe Kelly runs and the Cable Vs. Deadpool stuff. I know he married some girl recently, but that may not have been a girl. I have no idea. I just haven't seen anything that's fully been like "Deadpool is gay." Which, fine if he is, it does add to his character. But if they went kinda half assed with it, I could see that being a bit iffy.

Which is why I would think it's weird to call a film queer, despite the main character being in a non queer relationship. Would that be slightly offensive? Someone let me know. Or are you just saying it's pro queer? Which I could see yeah.

You know queer doesn't mean 'gay' anymore, right? It means anything off the straight cis mainstream. Deadpool being bisexual or omnisexual or whatever would definitely be queer.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 5, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I didn't, actually. That makes more sense!

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
also, queer theory can be broadly applied to deconstruct and critique many permutations of gender/sexuality within dominant ideology that aren't necessarily explicitly expressive of homosexuality, transsexualism, etc., or even end up reinforcing dominant values of gender binary and the two-parent heterosexual family (e.g. Mrs. Doubtfire)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It's hard to see in the movie, but in the making of extras they explain how they put leather chaps and male genitals on the stuffed unicorn toy he jerks it to.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Isn't Deadpool supposed to be canonically pansexual? I don't read comics so this is a kind of a second hand thing but this film definitely represented him as being gender-agnostic in what he's into.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sinking belle posted:

Isn't Deadpool supposed to be canonically pansexual? I don't read comics so this is a kind of a second hand thing but this film definitely represented him as being gender-agnostic in what he's into.

Yes, Deadpool is canon pansexual. He's also pretty vocal about his crush on Spiderman.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Hollismason posted:

I think you mistake queerness for femininity a lot in your critiques. Deadpool is a decidedly queer film which is kind of cool. Also your entire inability at the concept of humor. It's like you're a alien from Galaxy Quest finding things funny that aren't actually funny or finding them funny because of some irrelevant issues.

The man fell down.

This is funny because of the current issue with the ACA and as you can see the man won't be able to afford medical bills due to his coverage plan ,which is a critique of Obamacare.

It's just loving bizarre.

A real joke is saying the man fell down but it gets better, so we'd like to thank him and twentieth century fox for raising lgbt awareness.

The joke of Wilson's unicorn is that it represents the Xmen franchise money-machine, and it's wearing chaps to ride him. And this should be read in concert with the film's ambivalence towards imagery of domination, linked as it is to the recurring theme of child abuse and exploitation. ("Dad?")

This is not to call the film ***problematic*** or whatever, but it's also important note the difference between 'riding the unicorn' and 'being ridden by' - while also questioning this whole basic premise of becoming a superhero by riding the franchise wave.

Hooray, the Deadpool movie made X million dollars! This is great news! For Deadpool!

SuperMechagodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 6, 2016

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
SMG who do You want to see As Cable in upcoming Moviefilm Dead Pool 2

This is Important

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

This would make me happy.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

In Deadpool 2 Deadpool teams up with "Manspider" who's basically exactly like "Spiderman" but just different enough that Disney can't sue.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtoKjQ0HFyI

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick

Poala Bear posted:

Yeah, what if.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Poala Bear posted:

has tumblr literally forgotten that morena baccarin's character existed

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Prostitution is problematic, and boys kissing gets Tumblr's rocks off.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

has tumblr literally forgotten that morena baccarin's character existed

Have you forgotten that menage a trois are a thing?

Edit: I mean I don't know about you, but if I had the chance to date both Deadpool and Knock-off Spiderman at the same time and they were both cool with it I'd take it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

poo poo, this is really loving great.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Colossus staring at the Seurat is brilliant

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there's a segment of Tumblr the sole purpose of which is Spidey and Deadpool fuckin

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
I say the new J. K. Simmons workout photos are misdirection.
He isn't preparing to be Gordon.
He is preparing for his next role as Cable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
"Get me pictures of Spider-man!"
"Here."
"Jesus, did you draw these?"
"I also keep a dream journal."

• Locked thread