Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many quarters after Q1 2016 till Marissa Mayer is unemployed?
1 or fewer
Her job is guaranteed; what are you even talking about?
View Results

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Metaverse you say? More like Metabunchofpedos.

A Barrage Of Assault, Racism And Rape Jokes: My Nightmare Trip Into The Metaverse

This is only the second paragraph...
*CW, the headline pretty much explains it*

quote:

But within the first 10 minutes of putting on a VR headset and entering a chat room, I saw underage kids simulating oral sex on each other. I experienced sexual harassment, racism and rape jokes. At one point, I heard someone say “I like little girls from the age of nine to 12: that’s just my thing.”

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/apr/25/a-barrage-of-assault-racism-and-jokes-my-nightmare-trip-into-the-metaverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Sagacity posted:

Also, previous attempts at metaverses like Second Life are famous for their restraint , after all.

I see what you did there. :wink:

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Splicer posted:

"I swear to god I tried to both-sides this"

The documentary is on TV here in the UK tonight, I'll have to remember to check it out. I'm sad and angry enough already though, so it'll have to be another day.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Inferior Third Season posted:

I have so many questions, yet I wouldn't care about the answers.

Same.
I see things like that and my curiosity soars like a line on a crypto value graph.
Then I remember that it will ultimately be stupid and depressing, and my curiosity plunges like a crypto value graph.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

uBlacklist works for, well, blacklisting sites from results.

It used to be that you could remove sites from actual google search results about 10 years ago lol