Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Truth be told, there's some good moments to this game. However, most of them are from Simon Templeman's always brilliant acting as Kain. The gameplay itself is... well, I think we all know already.

My PS2 copy has somehow gotten the most fun audio bug. Towards the later half of the game, the last sound effect just starts looping forever with a pause, like it's the very last bit of sound on a record or something. Made replaying the game (yes I am a madman) even less enjoyable than the first time. And yet, I've still played this thing... at least twice? It's been a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
"I am the night shift" is what I was referring to earlier when I said Simon Templeman makes some of the terrible things better. That's actually the only big Kain moment I remember, though, so I was basically lying then? I also agree with Zain that letting that door guy live was a terrible mistake.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
God drat, that Sanctuary cutscene had some wacky animations. Just another thing I've forgotten from the game.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
You can stealth-kill glyph guards, you just have to be quick about it since they will always turn towards you after they stop and poke their sword into the air.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Thank you for your suffering, Alexey. To be honest, though, watching the videos was suffering too, even as someone who played the game himself. It's quite a rare thing for a game to be so bad that it tanks an LP about it, but Blood Omen 2 certainly managed. This absolutely does not reflect on your own LP skills, of course, Blood Omen 2 is just that bad. Looking forward to watching you regain your sanity through the rest of Defiance.

• Locked thread