Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Regulation Size posted:

The writing is bad.

Can't be that. It mentions other things he's written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

KomodoWagon posted:

Can't be that. It mentions other things he's written.
any idiot can write for Cracked though. as in, you can send in a half-baked, poorly researched list and they'll probably publish it

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

any idiot can write for Cracked though. as in, you can send in a half-baked, poorly researched list and they'll probably publish it

loving David Wong is a superstar at Cracked, and he's basically the Poochie of transgressive literature and probably many other facets of his life.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
You motherfuckers. You ungrateful bastards. You're lucky Asterios ever bothers to poo poo out these terrible weekly articles. He was a loving intern at The Onion, okay? He wrote a goddamn book for gently caress's sake. And you bitches have the audacity to sit here and criticize him for being an unfunny, self-promotional, hack of a loser that can barely put together a 200-word feature without tripping all over his own stupid dick?

Well look in the loving mirror, okay guys??

Keep up the good work, Asterios.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Stein Endorses Stein: Her policies are spooktacular

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
it's been a while since I've read anything so desperately unfunny that it made me feel physically ill, so thanks bad poster and fake writer pee baby

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
That was pathetic.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Defiance posted:

You motherfuckers. You ungrateful bastards. You're lucky Asterios ever bothers to poo poo out these terrible weekly articles. He was a loving intern at The Onion, okay? He wrote a goddamn book for gently caress's sake. And you bitches have the audacity to sit here and criticize him for being an unfunny, self-promotional, hack of a loser that can barely put together a 200-word feature without tripping all over his own stupid dick?

Well look in the loving mirror, okay guys??

Keep up the good work, Asterios.

I AM ASHAMED BY MY WORDS AND DEEDS

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why do they let a baby write for a website????

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
He's the president, who can stop him?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Coolness Averted posted:

He's the president, who can stop him?

You wait till nap time

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
I liked this one. John Candy Land........Norf Guillotine "SOFT WITH THEIR HEADS"!

I got some lolz.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
so wait did you just pull all the least cringeworthy jokes from your book and then put "BUY MY BOOK" at the end and throw that up as this week's article

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
I spotted two typos. Crystaline and This it the Train train.

Sorry about the minor but aggravating flaws enshrined forever in your book, sort of.

GashouseGorilla
Nov 11, 2011

I was taught that if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. So, instead I'll let SealHammer say it:

SealHammer posted:

it's been a while since I've read anything so desperately unfunny that it made me feel physically ill, so thanks bad poster and fake writer pee baby

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Now we are all sons of bitches.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

This most recent one feels like a poorly done Zack Parsons impersonation, which I guess is an understandable thing to go for because Parsons is actually good at what he does.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

At least this one reminded me of that story where DTJr. was a deadbeat alcoholic loser in college and one day elder Trump showed up and knocked on his son's dorm door. When he answered he was an obviously hungover unwashed mess and Donald slapped him so hard he fell to the ground, and said "Put on a suit and meet me outside" leaving his son splayed out on the ground like a rag doll.

Anyway, article sucked.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Distract yourself from the election with these relaxing gifs, only a few of which I made myself.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Yes, getting paid for collecting the work of others and presenting it without any attribution is cool and good.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Hey, it worked for Buzzfeed!

It is especially cool and good after years of Something Awful taking user-submitted photoshop projects and slapping their watermark on it, something goons used to make fun of ebaumsworld for doing.

im cute fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Nov 14, 2016

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Regulation Size posted:

Hey, it worked for Buzzfeed!

It is especially cool and good after years of Something Awful taking user-submitted photoshop projects and slapping their watermark on it, something goons used to make fun of ebaumsworld for doing.
As far as I recall, those were originally added specifically to counteract eBaumsWorld stealing them. And at least in the Phridays the images are posted with attribution.

I think it's lovely to repost the work of others without credit, is all. Regardless of who's doing it.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Hey man, that first one has a watermark! He did all he could!

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Asterios posted:

Hey, I made this offer in another thread, so I'll repost here. Like, bottom line is, I get it and I know some of the stuff I've written has been a little weak lately.

I know that a lot of the people criticizing my writing are likely also comedy writers themselves, or people who've always wanted to give writing for the front page a shot. So for next Monday's article, I'll publish the funniest originally written piece someone from this thread sends me. I'll obviously give you total credit and the fee.

My email address is asterios.kokkinos@gmail.com. Please include your SA forums username in the article.

Thanks!

how kuch is that?

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
Hey there, fans! There's a new and exciting way for you to support your favorite content creators called "Pagetreon." Join me on this new and exciting digital journey, and reap totally awesome fan rewards!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only funny thing about you is how oblivious you are about how no one likes your terrible articles. i ain't payin you poo poo

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Can't wait to send you money via PayPal. I'm doing it right now lol

The Easy Rider
Sep 21, 2006

Corn Dogs- Deep Fried Proof Of A Loving God

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
holy poo poo do you actually give money to a guy who...parodies maddox?...as well as whatever the gently caress this is???

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

obviously you hate COMEDY and COMEDY WRITERS and COMEDY CONTENT CREATOR COMEDY (comedy)

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I like these boat names

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think he's done some good articles

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Majuju posted:

holy poo poo do you actually give money to a guy who...parodies maddox?...as well as whatever the gently caress this is???

I logged in to my PayPal account and I donated money to the guy who writes comedy

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

the only funny thing about you is how oblivious you are about how no one likes your terrible articles. i ain't payin you poo poo

I mean you might not like his articles but you can click on the patreon right there and see that other people do

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

no they will not posted:

I mean you might not like his articles but you can click on the patreon right there and see that other people do
i didn't click and figured that image was photoshopped. shameful people

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
yeah i too was surprised at the kind of trash people will throw patreon money at, but spend any length of time on that site and whoooooa boy the poo poo you'll run into

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Asterios posted:

Hey there, fans! There's a new and exciting way for you to support your favorite content creators called "Pagetreon." Join me on this new and exciting digital journey, and reap totally awesome fan rewards!

My favorite part is how you have less patrons now than when you took the screencap.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Asterios posted:

you didnt answer my question

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Asterios posted:

on the one hand this is depressing on multiple levels but on the other i'm inspired to try and monetize my mediocrity as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

It's pronounced V-A-P-E, though, so make sure to listen for that slight different in pronunciation!

• Locked thread