Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mRAE5tx7y4

WHERE CAN I WATCH THIS?

http://www.c-span.org/ will have coverage throughout the night

In addition, these streaming sites often show the cable networks, which will be covering it.

http://www.livenewschat.eu/
http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/
http://www.hulkusc.com/

Please suggest in the thread any other streams.

RESULTS

http://www.wmur.com/politics/2016-full-new-hampshire-presidential-primary-election-results/37649066

IRC

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

VOTING

Voters will, for the first time, be required to show an ID in order to vote. Valid forms of ID include a NH driver's license, NH DMV non-driver ID card, military ID card, passport, or a student ID card from most schools and college in New Hampshire.

New Hampshire is a "mixed" primary, meaning that people who are registered and affiliated with a political party may only vote in that party's primary. You may change your party affiliation at the primary, but you will not be able to vote in the primary if you do so. If you are registered and officially "unaffiliated" with either party, you may vote in either party's primary. Doing so will officially affiliate you with that party, though you may change your affiliation at a later date.

Voters may register to vote at the polling location.

POLL TIMES

Midnight: Polls open and close in Hart's Location (41 RVs), Millsfield (22 RVs), and Dixville (9 RVs). By law, polls are not allowed to close before 7pm unless all voters in the township have voted, so these locations get 100% voter participation, though some have already voted by absentee ballot.

7-8am: Polls open in most locations.

11am: All polls must open by this time.

7pm: All polls, except those in New Hampshire's 13 cities, must close. Networks will begin reporting results at this time.

8pm: All polls close.

REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES

• Bush, John Ellis "Jeb"
  • Carson, Benjamin Solomon "Ben", Sr.
  • Christie, Christopher James "Chris"
  • Comley, Stephen Bradley, Sr.
  • Cook, Timothy "Tim"
  • Cruz, Rafael Edward "Ted"
  • Cullison, Brooks Andrews
  • Drozd, Matt
  • Dyas, Jacob Daniel "Daniel", Sr.
  • Fiorina, Carleton Sneed "Carly"
  • Gilmore, James Stuart "Jim", III
  • Graham, Lindsey Olin
  • Huckabee, Michael Dale "Mike"
  • Huey, Kevin Glenn
  • Iwachiw, Walter N.
  • Jindal, Piyush "Bobby"
  • Kasich, John Richard
  • Lynch, Frank
  • Mann, Robert Lawrence
  • Martin, Andy
  • McCarthy, Stephen John
  • Messina, Peter
  • Pataki, George E.
  • Paul, Randal H. "Rand"
  • Prag, Chomi
  • Robinson, Joe
  • Rubio, Marco A.
  • Santorum, Richard John "Rick"
  • Trump, Donald John, Sr.
  • Witz, Richard P.H.
  • Uncommitted
  • Write-in

REPUBLICAN PROCESS

23 National Convention delegates are to be bound proportionally to presidential contenders based on the primary vote statewide [RSA 659:93].

A 10% threshold is required in order for a presidential contender to be allocated National Convention delegates.

Allocate delegates based on the 23 × candidate's vote ÷ total statewide vote. Round to the nearest whole number.

Any delegate positions that remain open are awarded to the candidate with the highest statewide vote total.

DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES

• Adams, Jon
  • Burke, Steve
  • Clinton, Hillary Diane Rodham
  • De La Fuente Guerra, Roque "Rocky"
  • Elbot, Eric
  • French, William D.
  • Greenstein, Mark Stewart
  • Hewes, Henry
  • Hutton, Brock C.
  • Judd, Keith Russell
  • Kelso, Lloyd Thomas
  • Lipscomb, Steven Roy
  • Locke, Star
  • Lovitt, Robert
  • McGaughey, William H., Jr.
  • Moroz, Raymond Michael
  • O'Donnell, Edward T., Jr.
  • O'Malley, Martin Joseph
  • Sanders, Bernard "Bernie"
  • Schwass, Graham
  • Sloan, Sam
  • Sonnino, Edward
  • Steinberg, Michael Alan
  • Supreme, Vermin
  • Thistle, David John
  • Valentine, James
  • Weil, Richard Lyons
  • Wolfe, John
  • Uncommitted
  • Write-in

DEMOCRATIC PROCESS

24 of 32 delegates to the Democratic National Convention are pledged to presidential contenders based on the results of the voting in today's New Hampshire Presidential Primary.

A mandatory 15 percent threshold is required in order for a presidential contender to be pledged National Convention delegates at either the congressional district or statewide level.

16 district delegates are to be pledged proportionally to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the State's 2 congressional districts.

In addition, 8 delegates are to be pledged to presidential contenders based on the primary vote statewide. (5 at-large National Convention delegates and 3 Pledged PLEOs).

Finally, 8 delegates from New Hampshire will attend the convention unbound: the 5 Democratic National Committee members, 2 members of Congress (1 Senator, 1 Representative), and 1 Governor.

Joementum has issued a correction as of 03:00 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Jeb wins 2nd place.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Peachstapler posted:

Jeb wins 2nd place.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Some hold rallies, some hold parties. Only one holds a "celebration". #StillStanding

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I thought I had my mind made up on Sanders, but I'm interested in hearing more about this Star Locke.

EDIT: Oh wow, the reality is much more racist than the name lead me to believe.

Here's Star Locke's incredibly respectful page about the Muslim faith.

Pepe Silvia Browne has issued a correction as of 01:23 on Feb 9, 2016

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
New Hampshire doesn't exactly have the strictest ballot access requirements in this great land, do they?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm excited for Jindalmentum!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I thought I had my mind made up on Sanders, but I'm interested in hearing more about this Star Locke.

EDIT: Oh wow, the reality is much more racist than the name lead me to believe.

Sure, he might be a huge racist, but he's got a foolproof plan to fund education using bottle deposits.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Boy, his page on Islam is.... quite the read.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

potato of destiny posted:

New Hampshire doesn't exactly have the strictest ballot access requirements in this great land, do they?

To get on the ballot you give the Secretary of State a check for $1,000. That's it.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Joementum posted:

Sure, he might be a huge racist, but he's got a foolproof plan to fund education using bottle deposits.

This is pretty absurd in any context but especially baffling since he's from Texas.

quote:

This commission shall levy a 50% of price of sales tax [GREASE TAX] upon all food prepared by deep-frying or cooking in any form of oil or grease for human consumption

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I'd love to run as a candidate who just collects money and uses it to throw absolutely amazing parties and run over-the-top parody campaign ads.

Feb 24, 2013

Joementum posted:

Bush, John Ellis "Jeb"

I did not know this.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

1488 posted:

I did not know this.

John!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.starovertexas.com/immigration.html

:stare:

hoooo boy, that's some good stuff right there.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Good luck, Vermin Supreme

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yeah, unfortunately there's a lot of that in the Democratic candidates, like Keith Judd who you might remember as the guy who got 40% of the vote against Obama in the 2012 Democratic primary in West Virginia, despite being in federal prison.

Or William H. McGaughey Jr., Democrat, of Minneapolis who is running to restore "dignity for white people".

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Vermin Supreme comes in third.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Minsky
May 23, 2001

If Bernie doesn't win convincingly by at least double digits in loving New Hampshire for crying out loud, I am prepared to initiate total meltdown, and will forever turn into a bitter old man who blames millennials for ruining everything.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Joementum posted:

Some hold rallies, some hold parties. Only one holds a "celebration". #StillStanding

The celebration sounds fun. I bet there will be a lot of what that candidate has been smoking there.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Great title, I'm feeling the Gilmentum myself as a Virginia transplant.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Vermintum baby!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

quote:

Allocate delegates based on the 20 × candidate's vote ÷ total statewide vote. Round to the nearest whole number.

Any delegate positions that remain open are awarded to the candidate with the highest statewide vote total.

Interesting. So they use Hamilton’s Apportionment Method (which sucks).

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Joementum posted:

Hillary is in college and Bernie is stuck in 10th grade

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Minsky posted:

If Bernie doesn't win convincingly by at least double digits in loving New Hampshire for crying out loud, I am prepared to initiate total meltdown, and will forever turn into a bitter old man who blames millennials for ruining everything.

He won 84% of the sub-30 vote in Iowa. I'm not sure that Millenials have much to do with him failing.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Fuschia tude posted:

He won 84% of the sub-30 vote in Iowa. I'm not sure that Millenials have much to do with him failing.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Fuschia tude posted:

Young people are who carry him in polls. What I saw was that, according to the entrance polling, the same demographic was weakest in turnout when it came time to actually caucus.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

blue squares posted:

Hillary is in college and Bernie is stuck in 10th grade

college is for the bourgeoisie.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Minsky posted:

Young people are who carry him in polls. What I saw was that, according to the entrance polling, the same demographic was weakest in turnout when it came time to actually caucus.

yes but lets be fair, the caucus is a great way to turn off most people from participating

Minsky
May 23, 2001

fishmech posted:

yes but lets be fair, the caucus is a great way to turn off most people from participating

Judging by some of those periscope streams, I can't disagree with this

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Minsky posted:

Maybe if your lovely generation had turned out less, Bernie would have won. :colbert:

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Platystemon posted:

Maybe if your lovely generation had turned out less, Bernie would have won. :colbert:

Well technically, being in my early 30s, my lovely generation turned out equally poorly and also broke heavily for Bernie

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Minsky posted:

Well technically, being in my early 30s, my lovely generation turned out equally poorly and also broke heavily for Bernie

Well you didn't turn out "equally poorly", you two and me are all literally the same generation.

unless playstemon is like 14

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Fuschia tude posted:

What was the turnout again among young voters in IA? 18%?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

All I’m saying is that maybe the solution isn’t to get out the young vote, it’s to suppress the old vote.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Minsky posted:

They constituted 18% of the dem caucus turnout last week, not much different from 22% in 08 and 17% in 04. I feel like some of you are misunderstanding what that number means.

Also they make up 20.6% of the population of Iowa as of 2010. That's not a terrible turnout my dudes

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I don't know if I was a part of the same demographic group (I was trying to find the imgur link of that turnout graph, but it's buried somewhere in the dem primary thread), but it doesn't matter because I wasn't trying to take some kind old vs young argument. Instead it was more about a fool's hope that maybe, this time, the clarion call for young people to come out to vote would succeed. Especially this time when young people favor Bernie with such ridiculous percentages. So the way I figure, if it doesn't happen in NH, it probably ain't gonna happen anywhere else either.

I mean if you got two groups where the first group votes enthusiastically but breaks like 40-60 Hillary, and the second group largely doesn't vote but breaks 80-20 for Bernie, the solution to me seems simple but it ain't about hoping the first group stops voting.

Edit:

Fuschia tude posted:

Also they make up 20.6% of the population of Iowa as of 2010. That's not a terrible turnout my dudes

All right, in light of this, I am willing to reconsider, and suggest instead the alternative strategy of locking your parents in the basement before going out to vote.

Minsky has issued a correction as of 03:31 on Feb 9, 2016

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

crossposting because he needs the coverage:

Iowa's been picked and it's over
Where's the chip on your shoulder?
Out side were snow banks blows
Inside is where New Hampshire grows
Picking up Jeb!'s pieces
Some Gilmore to believe in

[Chorus:]
As you stump in Cheshire