Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

does anyone have that classic 1.6 video of that semi-pro meme team doing 5-man towers in scrims

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTTGyWVqJtQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ahh so good. Thank you

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
There’s another classic vid from a group that would get people to scrim on their server and they’d do goofy stuff like drive around in the func_vehicle forklifts and poo poo. Does anyone remember what that one was called?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

does anyone have that classic 1.6 video of that semi-pro meme team doing 5-man towers in scrims
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTTGyWVqJtQ

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

Tetramin posted:

There’s another classic vid from a group that would get people to scrim on their server and they’d do goofy stuff like drive around in the func_vehicle forklifts and poo poo. Does anyone remember what that one was called?

Monstrous which is easily my favourite cs video ever made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQhs3y2Lc-E

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
felt cute lil 1v5, might delete later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKC73nR842M

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

What's the best way to get a price on an item based on float? Searching through all the websites it looks like I may have the best AK Jaguar @ 0.001195223

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

hello internet posted:

What's the best way to get a price on an item based on float? Searching through all the websites it looks like I may have the best AK Jaguar @ 0.001195223

https://csgofloat.com/db?name=AK-47%20%7C%20Jaguar&defIndex=7&paintIndex=316&min=0&max=1

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Alright well 16th best isn't too bad I guess. It's such a boring skin at least it seems to be going up in value somewhat

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
-train
+ancient
=🤮

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Bohemian Nights posted:

-train
+ancient
=🤮
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is fine. I can hardly get a game on Train in my part of the world and most of the people who I play with don't want to play Train anyway. Throwing new maps into the competitive pool is the only way to shake things up. Someone said "if you can make fix Overpass then you can fix anything". Everyone bitches for new maps and when we get a new map everyone bitches. I have asked to have Ancient on the queue but people say "well, it's a scrimmage map so it doesn't matter", the only way for Ancient to be improved is for it to be in the active duty and for it to be studied and it's layout to be refined.

hello internet posted:

Alright well 16th best isn't too bad I guess. It's such a boring skin at least it seems to be going up in value somewhat
You can probably get some good overpay for it.

The funniest thing about the end of the operation is the new subscription to show you your competitive stats. It would be funny if Valve didn't treat their userbase with outright contempt here (providing a paid service where you can get it for free).

Budzilla fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 5, 2021

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
They fixed overpass but they also said we could fix overpass so canals is going to be fine, don't worry about it. Map shakeups are fine but I don't like taking away train before touching mirage. Hoping it gets replaced with tuscan when that's done.

If there was a clear roadmap and a slightly more frequent rotation people probably wouldn't be so upset. Right now losing a map you like means it's out for anywhere from a year to two to forever. A map rotation 2-3 times a year with everyone knowing the next 2 maps to go in/out in advance would be huge.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mirage suuuuuucks.
+Cobble
+Cache
- mirage
- dust2

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Kehveli posted:

A map rotation 2-3 times a year with everyone knowing the next 2 maps to go in/out in advance would be huge.
I would love more frequent map rotations. Unfortunately Mirage is a very popular map I doubt Valve would drop it from competitive when everyone is playing it.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

played against my first spinbot today. valve's fuckin pathetic

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Thom and the Heads posted:

played against my first spinbot today. valve's fuckin pathetic

Green trust factor?

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Not sure if this thread is still alive or not. I absolutely suck with aiming. Is there a way to practise this because even in silver 1 I’m getting 3-5 kills a game on average.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
There's both a ton of great video resources and aim maps out there, but at silver 1 you're still a few hundred hours away from getting any diminishging returns from just grinding deathmatch and learning the maps

also turn down your sens

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

LochNessMonster posted:

Not sure if this thread is still alive or not. I absolutely suck with aiming. Is there a way to practise this because even in silver 1 I’m getting 3-5 kills a game on average.

Lower your sens, hold your reticle at head height, run less and listen more. Do this and you too can get 10 kills in a goonman

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!

LochNessMonster posted:

If you're S1 this might all be new to you so to give you slightly more direction, you want something like this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2185699891. Subscribe to that map to download it from the workshop then start a local game on it and do the warm-up routines with bots. Move around in between targets (or even enable mobile bots) and try to keep your crosshair level at upper-torso height as you do it.

And yeah, lower your sens and then lower it some more until you find a comfortable spot. A lot of aiming in CSGO comes from map knowledge and just looking in the right direction at the right time so a lower sens helps you make more accurate adjustments. I think most of us are in the 700-1000 eDPI range. I played at ~2000 when I started a few years ago but worked my way down to 800 and everyone says I suck noticeably less now.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

just put the green thing on their head and click lol

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Counter-Strike: A Point And Click Adventure

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Appreciate all the advice, will start doing deadmatch and checkout the workshop map.

I’m a completely new player (bought the game 10 years ago lol) and always enjoyed watching csgo esports so I’m familiar with the map layouts. Still get owned by people on angles all the time though.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
And lower your sensitivity.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

mcvey posted:

And lower your sensitivity.

What sensitivity should I be looking at? I have been lowering it slightly but am probably still way too high.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Most people look at what your effictive DPI is. Which is your DPI * in game sensitivity. So for example 800*1.2 = edpi of 960. I think most people look for something between 800-1200.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygyiM0Ctibo

at this point you can basically just find a dm server and spend 20 minutes there a day and see your results skyrocket, but this here is a video that will make you less dumb and has nice timestamps if you are unsure of something. Once you start wondering about ok my aim is better but I'm still not doing well.

At the moment though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9mvXfnY8wU

this is essentially what you should be focused on. It doesn't matter if you have the best raw aim on the server if you're always flicking 70 degrees while the other guy literally just has to click.

If you're unsure about your sens just set it at something like 1/1.2 @ 800 and start getting used to it. Also what I think is unsaid this is also windows sens 6/11, make sure you don't have mouse accel on (enhanced pointer precision in windows, m_customaccel 0 in csgo console). People might tell you to gradually drop it down from whatever 5000 edpi monstrosity you might be rocking rn but gently caress that, if you're already missing the broad side of the barn what's it matter.

Kehveli fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 6, 2021

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Kehveli posted:

just put the green thing on their head and click lol

Uhhh my center thing is light blue gently caress poo poo poo poo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
you're actually supposed to have a red crosshair because that's what #1 cs player flusha uses

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Adjusted mouse sensitivity from 1.8*1200 to 1*1200 and already noticing a big difference by actually having 2 kills in the first round of a casual game so there's that.

Turning around does mean moving the mouse a lot more and I got caught being shot in the back a few times.

Deathmatch was quite fun as I'm trying to get used to this new game speed. It's a lot less frustrating being able to respawn instantly instead of having to sit out the rounds all the time.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
The thing about adjusting to slow mousespeed and being shot from the back is that
A) you were gonna die anyway
B) even with high send 180 headshots are a rarity
C) most of the time its not your fault and you really couldnt have done anything about it, cause if an enemy snuck up behind you it means your team hosed up

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

You haven't experienced peak counter-strike before you've been playing a pug, watching something that needs to be watched while knowing you also should be looking at flank because none of the other 3 players present will even throw a glance that way. But you won't, out of principle. Then you get killed from flank, knew it was coming so you're not even mad. Calmly say "flank" into coms, take your hands off kb+m and enjoy another bag of snus. Ah, perfection.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
imo peak cs is playing against LEMs that are crying about smurfing in canon while you're asking "what rank is this??" every other round

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

LEM is unironically the worst rank - just good enough to have passable mechanics, just bad enough to not realize how bad you are. Good enough to have your aim dig you out of a hole you dug yourself in with bad play once in a while, bad enough to not remember the 15 other times it didn't. It's the only true elo hell rank, except the elo hell is your own ego. I speak with the authoritative voice of my own experience and both observing & playing more mid-rank mm than any sane man would.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fun fact: for the past 12 months i've been playing with 1.0*400 sens without even realizing it. only changed it because i checked my twitch profile which had my original sens from 4 years ago and I was like oh yeah that's how i was able to check those angles in easy succession.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Kehveli posted:

You haven't experienced peak counter-strike before you've been playing a pug, watching something that needs to be watched while knowing you also should be looking at flank because none of the other 3 players present will even throw a glance that way. But you won't, out of principle. Then you get killed from flank, knew it was coming so you're not even mad. Calmly say "flank" into coms, take your hands off kb+m and enjoy another bag of snus. Ah, perfection.

That’s right

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
I'm back down to faceit lvl 7/8 hell, and some of the plays that happens here lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRvfky4hLrs

ilmucche posted:

Mirage suuuuuucks.
+Cobble
+Cache
- mirage
- dust2

Cobble also sucks, and Valve only made it worse with the update.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Woodenlung posted:

I'm back down to faceit lvl 7/8 hell, and some of the plays that happens here lmao

my god that might be even better than the Mr. Pink specials.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Woodenlung posted:

Lol sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

the smug dickhead with the "uh this'll be a short game" really makes that clip perfect