Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Thom and the Heads posted:

the smug dickhead with the "uh this'll be a short game" really makes that clip perfect

It ended up being a 14-16... again. We had just played against the same fuckers on Inferno and thrown a big lead. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Trip report: DM / lower sense certainly improved my aim by a lot.

I still suck and am still silver 1, but at least I get around 10 kills a match now. As opposed to getting kicked by my teams in 75% of the comp games I played.

Thanks for the advice cs:goons.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
You are well on your way now. Just playing more will obviously help with everything from basic understanding of the game, to rotates and so on, but now that you got a decent sensitivity, you can also start aiming properly.

for me it was another day of aim being poo poo. but the ninja streak is continuing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI7txwgfE9Y

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Posting this on the 4.5ish year anniversary of me playing with goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o42WzaFS75A

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I like the part where turk got shot in the back.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Audax posted:

Posting this on the 4.5ish year anniversary of me playing with goons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o42WzaFS75A

Easily top 3 goonman moment for me

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Hahaha amazing

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Woodenlung posted:

I'm back down to faceit lvl 7/8 hell, and some of the plays that happens here lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRvfky4hLrs
I play MM and this is every round.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
That guy is me, and the other guy is also me, i am all the guys in the clip.

Rectovagitron
Mar 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rectovagitron posted:

I finally made it to Silver II last night, after 52 wins.

Finally at Silver IV in 187 wins. Still hackers and smurfs and poo poo, but they mostly seem bad now?

Need to sub.io more.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
had another cute lil clutch ace on inferno

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FWq3HGhV6Y

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So my dudes, does anyone have the old video handy "Mr Pink's vibes holocaust" or something where Pink is a dum dum? Those search terms are baaaad to type into google and youtube, and I can't find it.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

So my dudes, does anyone have the old video handy "Mr Pink's vibes holocaust" or something where Pink is a dum dum? Those search terms are baaaad to type into google and youtube, and I can't find it.

Ah yes, a sacred relic of our shameful past, passed down from one generation to the next by direct link only

https://youtu.be/xTMlUUdfq0U

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

real dilemma posted:

Ah yes, a sacred relic of our shameful past, passed down from one generation to the next by direct link only

https://youtu.be/xTMlUUdfq0U

As is custom.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
From being one win away from lvl 9... to.... lvl 6

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
thats what i love about faceit, every other game has like +3 elo if you win, -25 if you lose because one or more of the accounts on the enemy team is like level 5 with 1.70 k/d and 40 matches played on brand new steam accounts, prodigal talents, queued up with their high level friends

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Woodenlung posted:

From being one win away from lvl 9... to.... lvl 6

man, 11 Sep will go down in history as the worst day... just look at that loss streak

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
new operation just dropped http://counter-strike.net/operationriptide

-you can now private queue 10 man matches on valve servers
-a competitive mode with 16 rounds was added
-riot shield added to casual hostage modes
-grenades can be dropped (except for competitive modes)
-m4a1 got buffed, deagle got nerfed and dualies got cheaper
-team deathmatch and free-for-all deathmatch modes added

https://twitter.com/CSGO/status/1440496597322719237?s=20

BoosterDuck fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 22, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
cool tho last operation was too pricey for me, i hope this ones a bit cheaper

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Riot shield in goonmans when

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

cool tho last operation was too pricey for me, i hope this ones a bit cheaper

Valve realised that the real money is in skins. There are heaps of collections for this operation. Interestingly Valve has a competition called Dreams and Nightmares themed skin competition a while back and they are giving away 100k for each winning skin. It was assumed it would be for this operation but it's a no show. Fast turn around for this operation too.

I However do like the 10 man queue thing.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

quote:

Weapons - The M4A1-S now does more damage to the body, and the Deagle does a bit less. And if you're in the market for Dualies, they just got cheaper.

I love it

now revert the sg to old stats w/ original cost and the game will finally be good again

e:
Desert Eagle will now do only 53 damage with a bodyshot (down from 63; its range_modifier was bumped from 0.81 to 0.85)

The M4A1-S will now do 38 damage with a bodyshot (up from 33)

that m4a1 buff is juicy drat

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 22, 2021

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Budzilla posted:

Valve realised that the real money is in skins. There are heaps of collections for this operation. Interestingly Valve has a competition called Dreams and Nightmares themed skin competition a while back and they are giving away 100k for each winning skin. It was assumed it would be for this operation but it's a no show. Fast turn around for this operation too.

I However do like the 10 man queue thing.

Its 15 bucks with no regional price adjustment :( rip arg peso

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I heard they changed up dust2. No mode mid double door thing.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

:stare:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What an elegant solution

Rectovagitron
Mar 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

What an elegant solution

Isn't this what it looked like in 1.6?

Played it last night. I like it, someone has to hop down to suicide to peek which seems like a fine tradeoff.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
1.6 still had a veeeeeeery small bit visible.

Now Ts still have the advantage on the timing but if your awper doesnt spawn near the drop itll cost him time. If he spawns far away the cts win the timing. Ill miss how dynamic the fights could be given there used to be, but i wont miss ts getting to snipe you with only 4 pixels of their head showing.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

1.6 still had a veeeeeeery small bit visible.
3kliksphilip did a video on the map changes. I played a bit on the new D2 while drunk. You have better protection if you want to gamble a CT run to lower tunnels but I wouldn't count on it. As the video points out it does make things easier for a sneaky T rotate too.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just played like 6 matches back to back. got 2 full premade teams, one of them i had only novas on my team, got five guys all being extremely toxic, lagged out in one of the matches, game booted me out due to invalid vpk file, despite hitting reconnect without doing anything and it working fine, bottom fragged, top fragged, got called a cheater due to scouting a guy in d2 mid, and have not gone up nor down from eagle 1.
basically the last 5 years of my csgo career condensed in about 5 hours.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

ArfJason posted:

just played like 6 matches back to back. got 2 full premade teams, one of them i had only novas on my team, got five guys all being extremely toxic, lagged out in one of the matches, game booted me out due to invalid vpk file, despite hitting reconnect without doing anything and it working fine, bottom fragged, top fragged, got called a cheater due to scouting a guy in d2 mid, and have not gone up nor down from eagle 1.
basically the last 5 years of my csgo career condensed in about 5 hours.

Faceit is way way better than matchmaking nowadays

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
Just be better its not rocket surgery

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What’s wirh everyone thinking they are in the wrong MMR? It’s such a weird thing to hear how ”I’m a badge but I basically play at LE” type poo poo.

You’d be in that bracket, then. You lose and win 50/50 at your current rank, get a grip.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Getting to global is incredibly easy if you can actually stomach playing matchmaking, but the algorithm is so weird and the amount of low quality matches so high, that ranks end up being completely meaningless

Like you can reach global in 30ish wins (and very few losses, obviously) on a brand new account, while someone with thousands of matches can get the same results and rank up maybe once or twice, it's silly

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Vahakyla posted:

What’s wirh everyone thinking they are in the wrong MMR? It’s such a weird thing to hear how ”I’m a badge but I basically play at LE” type poo poo.

You’d be in that bracket, then. You lose and win 50/50 at your current rank, get a grip.

i found out statistically 90% of australia is nova 4 or less and it explained why my mm experience is so wild compared to everyone else on this forum lol

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
It's made even funnier when you consider how meaningless even GE is as a badge of skill. Hell even faceit levels. I've seen a lot of decent-on-a-good-day players at many ranks but I don't think I've ever met anyone who I would call genuinely very good at the game where their rank wasn't actually just their actual faceit ELO points. MM is a containment chamber more than anything.

Rectovagitron
Mar 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I tend to play east coast US evenings which is the bottom trough of player count. There really aren't enough players of similar rank on, so it tends to be one or two high ranked per team and a bunch of low ranks, which makes winning consistently super difficult in matchmaking.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I don't think I'd still be playing CSGO if I had to play it through matchmaking.

See the light today https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Bohemian Nights posted:

Getting to global is incredibly easy if you can actually stomach playing matchmaking, but the algorithm is so weird and the amount of low quality matches so high, that ranks end up being completely meaningless

Like you can reach global in 30ish wins (and very few losses, obviously) on a brand new account, while someone with thousands of matches can get the same results and rank up maybe once or twice, it's silly

It took me forever to get global. Hard stuck in supreme for the longest time, and when I finally did it, it was just me a friend queueing... Getting a cheating Russian who got me there lol.

Got lvl 10 on faceit and kept it for 20 games or so. Been close to getting it again a few times, but mostly just stay around lvl 7 and 8 these days. Certainly feel a big difference when playing lvl 5 to 8 and then when you get into a match of mostly 9s and 10s.