Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Was hoping this was going to be a "ChrisJ has died from covid" article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just realised i have stickers worth $150 each, wheres the best place to turn skins into bike parts now?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

i just realised i have stickers worth $150 each, wheres the best place to turn skins into bike parts now?

Sell them on the steam market, buy a steam deck, sell steam deck probably

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

trying to jack off posted:

Separate from Steam I think Skinbaron is supposed to be the most trustworthy cs:go marketplace. Do some research first though. I personally have never used anything but the steam marketplace.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Ya'll this Faze & G2 game is wild. 5th OT on 2nd map.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Jks needs to get signed to a team that can properly use him. He's been so good as a Faze stand-in compared to the walking disaster that was Complexity.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

UnknownMercenary posted:

Jks needs to get signed to a team that can properly use him. He's been so good as a Faze stand-in compared to the walking disaster that was Complexity.

karrigan is just insanely good at utilizing stand-ins. IIRC FaZe has won tournies with stand-ins two separate times before, but when you're in position to sweep the grand final 3-0 against a red-hot G2, with a stand-in a year removed from a pro team and having played two separate roles with ease during the tournament...as much as I've been a fan of rain for years, I wouldn't be too annoyed if jks was here to stay.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Do goons play this game in any coordinated way or is it just youtube celebrity spectating

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Waffle House posted:

Do goons play this game in any coordinated way or is it just youtube celebrity spectating

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3635620&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

tyvm friend

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Another CSGO major has come and gone. Navi lost to Faze. I wish I could watch it live but it sucks living in the wrong time zone.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
watched the faze vs spirit semi in a crowded theatre, and the atmosphere was insane during dust2 overtime

hell of a match

Finale was cool too, nice to see Rain make such an impact- really happy for him and karrigan, well deserved after all those years chasing it

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

Got a kill hitting an awper with a smoke grenade last night.

The Leetify bot sent me this immediately after the match:

leetify posted:

Your CT smokes have been increasingly effective recently!

Breaking Glass fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 23, 2022

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Anyone watching IEM?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
had a game yesterday where we came back from a 1-14 half and won in overtime

it ruled

welp that's my cs story, cya later!!

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
14-1? I've thrown bigger leads than that

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

So apparently there was a matchmaking update on Monday that basically confirmed what a lot of people have suspected for a while; NA matchmaking was completely hosed up and was underranked by a lot. Reports of people going from GN4 straight to SMFC and Global.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I just picked this up again, haven't played in like 4 years. Took a few hours to brush off the rust, but I can at least keep a positive K:D in casual matches. The newer maps that I don't know at all wreck me though. Iris especially has so many nooks and crannies and angles to peek, and I don't know any of them. Lots of embarrassing deaths.

What are queue times like for competitive? I think before I stopped playing I went between the top gold rank and the first rank above gold that has its own name. And it was like 10-15 minutes for a competitive match during low population hours.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

WITCHCRAFT posted:

What are queue times like for competitive? I think before I stopped playing I went between the top gold rank and the first rank above gold that has its own name. And it was like 10-15 minutes for a competitive match during low population hours.

Depends on what maps/how many you queue for. If you queue for one map it has the average time right on the map selection. If you queue for multiple it goes down a lot, obviously. I typically queue for every map in the competitive pool sans Ancient and Dust2 and get a match in under 2 minutes.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

I went from SEM-GN1 to MGE

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

hello internet posted:

Checks out. I've played a total of 2 games in the past year, I was S4 last week, won a game yesterday and immediately went to GN3. I think if you were out of Silver, you are going to be placed in the high guardians/Eagle at least.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

hello internet posted:

lol I went from nova 3 to LE

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

went from smfc to smfc

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Pandaal posted:

Depends on what maps/how many you queue for. If you queue for one map it has the average time right on the map selection. If you queue for multiple it goes down a lot, obviously. I typically queue for every map in the competitive pool sans Ancient and Dust2 and get a match in under 2 minutes.

That sounds a lot better than I expected! I want to get comfortable with the maps that are new to me and just queue for everything. Part of the fun for me is scrambling to recall the nade throws and where you can boost someone or other goofy esoteric map stuff that can win you an early round or two.

It's fun when you get to do something that is difficult and stupid but it catches the other team offguard so it works.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

WITCHCRAFT posted:

It's fun when you get to do something that is difficult and stupid but it catches the other team offguard so it works.
This is me when I gently caress up my stairs smoke from Mirage t-spawn and it ends up in the middle of A

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

The Joe Man posted:

This is me when I gently caress up my stairs smoke from Mirage t-spawn and it ends up in the middle of A

“New one-way just dropped 😎”

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

21:9 crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jo_u0rztCQ

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

last shot was illegal :rip:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

The Joe Man posted:

Hold on, nobody rush. Im about to drop a perfect smoke then we can spill out

*pffffffffft*

Okay, so we were gonna rotate B, and now its ready. Everyone to B

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

qhat posted:

So apparently there was a matchmaking update on Monday that basically confirmed what a lot of people have suspected for a while; NA matchmaking was completely hosed up and was underranked by a lot. Reports of people going from GN4 straight to SMFC and Global.

One of my friends went from GN3/4 to SMFC. I am in Oceania by the way. Also I ranked up from Silver Elite to GN3 most of my friends only ranked up 1 or 2 spots.

Breaking Glass
Dec 15, 2021

went from SE to GNI

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Feel like I''m almost back into the swing of things enough to queue for competitive matches. I used to be pretty darn good with a scout in early rounds, and I'm learning to ride that bicycle again in casual. Very satisfying to headshot someone with an AWP that sits in the same spot every round.

Been working on my aim with every weapon and most of them feel up to snuff. For some reason I'm doing absolute dogshit with the AK though. Not even trying to control the spread when spraying, I just fail to land hits with single shots or small bursts that look like I should hit them at least once. When I get that figured out I'll be ready to waste an entire afternoon doing placement matches and I bet it will be very stupid and fun. I can't wait.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

WITCHCRAFT posted:

When I get that figured out I'll be ready to waste an entire afternoon doing placement matches and I bet it will be very stupid and fun. I can't wait.

Unless you win two placement matches in a day, in which case you get to enjoy 24 hours competitive cooldown before you get to play again :downs:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Nice to be back in this game. GOt stomped so hard I can barely see straight.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
they just need to add russka and fastline and the game is perfect

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

It's time to get a birthday coin. All you have to do is play the game until your XP bar fills up. So a couple of games, it has to be done by the 22nd.

Tuscan is back after a long absence from CS. Breach and Anibus are old CSGO maps that are back in the competitive pool too.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Coin acquired 🎂

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Finally played a comp match, I did dogshit kills-wise but was able to make useful calls because it was inferno and I have played that since 1.6

We won and it put me at gold nova 3. I think that's pretty close to where I was circa 2016/17? Happy with that.

Decided to wind down by dusting off the old overwatch, spectating 5v5 comp matches is helpful to me since 5v5 comp plays very different from all the casual matches I have been doing since reinstalling the game.

Those aimbots that point at the ground and hop backwards while wobbling their aim in circles are nauseating to watch. It gives me mild motion sickness, like trying to read a book in a motor vehicle. It's really funny when they turn it off and stand still for half a round and you can tell they are arguing with someone.

edit: the short comp matches are really nice. The reason I stopped playing back then was that I did not frequently have the time to commit to a 25+ round close match on top of queue time. I could do a short comp match any day of the week after dinner, it is a welcome change. But I look forward to doing some full matches with friends eventually.

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 23, 2022

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Yeah the short matches are good in a pinch but eventually I always go back to the full match. The economy isn’t really suited to the short games. If you lose pistol chances are by the time your eco recovers you’re already about to switch sides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58uGeO4Gl3Q