Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Dennis confirmed a washed old man, just lost to THIS washed old man right here

even won a 1v1 clutch against him where i forgot to buy armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
I’m queuing him up to a old folks home map right now

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
congrats though, I assume it was NA east coast servers?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
high elo esportal, relatively good chance of meeting scandipros in pugs there

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
all scandinavian esports professionals are trash

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kehveli posted:

all scandinavian esports professionals are trash

Even Fifflaren?

Edit: played my first comp game of this in a long time the other night with some friends. We won, game didn't count for some reason, didn't get my rank back. 5/5 a little something for everyone.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Speaking of pro players I recently went to Dreamhack in Melbourne. It was cool to see Fallen get some awp action in. Although I can tell he is past his prime. The grand final was Imperial Sports vs Pain. With Pain winning in three maps. All Brazilian final.

Budzilla fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 8, 2022

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So after years of just slumming it in casual and watching majors in GOTV I'm finally bothering to do my competitive placements despite owning the game since it came out. My main question is am I supposed to be seeing wild swings in who I get matched against? I usually do okay against silvers and the highest rank I've won against is GN2 but I will get pit against much higher ranks (DMG, LE etc the highest was 2 SMFC) and get demolished , is this a normal part of the placement process?

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Once you start encountering players that are actually pretty good at aiming, you will get destroyed, unless you are pretty good at aiming too

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

UnknownMercenary posted:

So after years of just slumming it in casual and watching majors in GOTV I'm finally bothering to do my competitive placements despite owning the game since it came out. My main question is am I supposed to be seeing wild swings in who I get matched against? I usually do okay against silvers and the highest rank I've won against is GN2 but I will get pit against much higher ranks (DMG, LE etc the highest was 2 SMFC) and get demolished , is this a normal part of the placement process?

First couple placements this is normal, they’re basically unranked games. Once you place it’ll be much more enjoyable.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Be warned tho that even within ranks peoole have such a wild variety of skill levels its kind of insane. Ive seen gn1s play better than eagle 2s, and supremes who wouldnt hack it against novas. Some people have great/bad days, some people havent played in a while and their rank decayed, some played so much with high skilled friends that they ranked beyond their skill, and this isnt even getting into smurfs and cheaters. The average is like gn1 or 2, and once you get to your rank youll have more even games than not (the ideal), but other than that try not to think about rank too hard and focus more about your plays or how you can be of most help to your team. Also keep your xhair at head level at every corner.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Worth mentioning again that ranks in NA seem a bit more consistent recently, they were turbo hosed for like 3 years and when it finally got fixed a month ago there were gold novas getting Supreme and Global out of nowhere. Even then though, swings are real, it just means you're on the border of your skill level since you're neither terrible but not good enough to push higher either.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Yeah, I went from like GN2? GN3? to LEM, and then ranked up to SMFC. Surprised that I seem to be holding my own at this rank, and games seem far better than before (where it felt like every game was a stomp 1 way or the other and ranks meant nothing).

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

The average quality of random teammates has improved dramatically with the rank redistribution. SEM to LE now at this point and you can actually somewhat count on pubbies, it's weird

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
NA MM owned before because you used to get games with people shooting harder than your avg faceit 10 while still being salty as poo poo about being gn2. Very funny and good.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I managed to finish my placements at silver elite even though my aim and crosshair placement still needs a lot of work and I'm just not used to any map except dust 2 but I've played dust 2 on and off for like 20 years...

I thought my matches would even out a little more but yesterday I got 3 in a row of a mix of Silver's and GNs and the GNs would destroy me but my team would somehow eke ahead. And then for whatever reasons the other team would end up quitting so we would win and I ranked up off of that. :shrug:

The funniest one was on inferno where the other team had a GN4 and SEM who ended up tking their teammates enough to make them all leave. NA CS I guess.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I've had like 3 games out of 5 where I'm matched up against like Eagles or AKs.

I'm solidly in silver. Just getting owned to keep me humble.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Fallen's team was the last one to qualify for Rio, so now every member of that old SK lineup will be attending the first Brazilian major :unsmith:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
That owns, I'm super relieved that the Brazilian crowd will be represented on stage by the local heroes

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Yeah it sucked they had to play Complexity, I was happy either way and by the end I was kinda rooting for Imperial and Fallen. Good for Brazil and good for CS.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Yeah I know the feeling.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

My last mirage match was us being utterly stomped by a LE who plays mirage almost exclusively.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Brazil games is nuts. Turning into a 00 nation fan because of this crowd.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

My pickems are going v.badly.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

It's the Legends stage of the major and the first 2 rounds have already been played. The previous major champions, Faze have lost both their rounds. While the other top 10 teams in the ESL rankings are looking very bad right now.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They're still in BO1s. Once they get to BO3 is usually when you'll see things stabilize.

Edit: Faze lol

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 6, 2022

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Push El Burrito posted:

They're still in BO1s. Once they get to BO3 is usually when you'll see things stabilize.

Same copium I was huffing but at least we still have Liquid 😔

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Gotta have Vitality and Liquid win to keep my picks up!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

My pickems are hosed but this has been the most wide open major in a while, kinda fun that way.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Is there anyway to find out at the end of the major how many people get each type of pickem' coin? I can't imagine there would be that many diamond coins compared to other majors.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

oSee playing like a demon in game 2

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpinelessWanderingSrirachaSoonerLater-2_oILypnclUzawKx

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
I don't know why I'm a liquid fan. Always a disappointment.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

If you are going to watch any reruns, go watch Map 3 of the Furia v Navi game. Holyyyyy poo poo. What an insane crowd.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

If you are going to watch any reruns, go watch Map 3 of the Furia v Navi game. Holyyyyy poo poo. What an insane crowd.

i caught the back half and im losing my loving mind. transcendental map 3

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

i caught the back half and im losing my loving mind. transcendental map 3

levitating, hair on end, best csgo ive ever seen

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Thats loving CS right there. None of that pansy rear end dick tugging smile for the camera bullshit. Men puke, men poop on the LAN, men deliver their new born baby on the stage. loving hard core dick in the rear end clutch headshot gently caress it chuck it game time poo poo. Take it to the twitch chat. Dicks get shoved in places you don’t even remember. We win together we celebrate together. Counter-Strike is back baby.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Thats loving CS right there. None of that pansy rear end dick tugging smile for the camera bullshit. Men puke, men poop on the LAN, men deliver their new born baby on the stage. loving hard core dick in the rear end clutch headshot gently caress it chuck it game time poo poo. Take it to the twitch chat. Dicks get shoved in places you don’t even remember. We win together we celebrate together. Counter-Strike is back baby.

:suspense:

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

When I talk to my workmates about games they have nfi what is CS, even though it has the one of the largest if not largest online player base. This sort of post explains why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Definitely not the first time I have been bad for counter-strike