Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Well I had a weird experience. I've been playing CSGO and other CS versions on and off for years (I am terrible). I was in a casual server and someone started using their factory new Dragon Lore AWP. A few noticed and started passing it around at the start of the game taking screenshots with it. Myself included. I got a few kills with it and was killed by it too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

20 year anniversary for cs' release next monday, really excited to see valve not acknowledge it or do anything special
30 round scar20 and Aztec back in the game with lightning strike.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

A new operation called Broken Fang is out. The new map is called Ancient which looks like Aztec but plays nothing like it. A new mode called retake, where the CTs have to disarm an armed bomb. It's very good. The twist is that before each round you are given a selection of cards which will be your loadout. So do you take the AWP or the M4 with smoke etc... Very fast paced.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

mcvey posted:

I like de_ancient a lot. Wide open, pretty clean, lots of long angles, simple. Aztec theme is really underused so the art's a plus.
It seems ok so far but everyone is on there to get their AK/M4 stars, the gameplay will probably settle down over the week. The command wheel is slick, useful for myself but for more linguistically diverse regions of the world it will be a good for bridging the language gap.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

V for Vegans posted:

One teammate was complaining that the map was way too CT sided which I wasn’t sure about but we did go like 9-1 on CT to get the win so I don’t know if it was the false confidence or the actual map balance at work there. It seems like the map is very hard to take or retake a site, but I think it’s just because no one knows the one pixel to look at while throwing a smoke to block off each CT holding spot and I’m sure it’ll balance out as people play the map.
I enjoyed Engage but the B site for terrorists is kind of difficult. The Ts seem to have limited options and there are lots of places to hide. The teams I have played with seem to get around this by a fake push around A then moving to B though mid since the vent is normally a give away and the stairs next to it eat up time before the CTs realise what is going on.

I think when the community gets a better grasp on the map, tactics will improve. Or it will get pulled from the pool after the operation.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

V for Vegans posted:

The pistol kills in casual was wicked funny because the whole lobby was running around with deagles and kicking anyone who used a real rifle.
We had a toxic player that just got his Deagle kill stars on the casual server and at the last round we vote kicked him.

quote:

Did they tune the economy in casual mode? I used to stay far away from casual when I last played (probably like a year ago) because it'd just devolve into everyone holding awps and autosnipers.
No. But the use of autos has been frowned upon for a long time. The quality of players seem to be higher at the moment with the Operation going on at the moment. But AWPs are still used widely.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

osker posted:

What is wrong with that crosshairs? Good enough for AutoCAD good nuff for CSGO.
I have seen some crosshairs that put that one to shame thanks to console commands.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Smol posted:

I realized today that I still have quite a lot of items from when I played CSGO. I was quite surprised to notice how much many of the items I’ve had have risen in price. For example, the knife I had has risen from less than 100€ to almost 400€. A random souvenir skin from watching a major just sold for 40€. All in all, if I can get all of this poo poo sold, I should get about 650€ in steambux. :staredog:
You could probably cash out that stuff for €400 at a cash out site.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

a loathsome bird posted:

What is the cash out site of choice these days, and are they still super sketchy? I have a bunch of old souvenir drops sitting around and hardly play the game these days. I also have one of the mega expensive stickers (3DMax I think?) which in my infinite wisdom I put on the stock Glock which you can't sell :lol:
https://cs.money/
https://skinport.com/
https://cs.deals/
https://skinbaron.de/?appId=730&sort=BP&language=en
These are the popular ones, I've used them and they are reliable - basically the sketchy ones you are talking about were the gambing websites, these are tradebots. Just check which ones has the best payment option for you(how to receive cash and site fee) that each site provides.

https://csgofloat.com/ This one is different. It's a peer to peer website - you trade directly with the seller after the buyer deposits on the site. Or just sell stuff on steam if you buy lots of games and steam funds would be needed for your gaming habit.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Smol posted:

I thought about that, but my Steam library is valuable enough that I wouldn’t want to risk getting banned for breaking the TOS. Free PC games for a couple of years or perhaps a 50% off Valve Index is good enough for me.
It's extremely unlikely anything will happen to your account but I understand the worry. Valve can't stop this sort of trading since it would undermine the skins economy that it would hurt Valve's revenue more than anything.

You have the Chinese marketplace called BUFF and it's a peer to peer market place that requires you to give your Steam API key which is against Valve's TOS. However no one has had their account trade locked or banned for using that service. Also I typed "skins economy"

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

A TURGID FATSO posted:

but how much is that in bike parts
Enough to pay for a third of a high end road bike.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

You copied pasted the same part twice. But I think this is the most important part of CSGO.

Kwilty posted:

Communicate with your team.
I recently had a solo queue game on Cache and while my teammates' skill wasn't that great (including mine) everyone was listening and doing calls. It makes it so much easier and pleasant to play even when you lose the rounds. Nothing worse than having teammates who have microphones and don't use them. Then they ask why I am not rotating fast enough to a new area and being all salty about it.

Also the final week of the operation has just been released, but you have until the end of April to collect all the stars for the missions.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Tetramin posted:

I mean I get that it can annoy people when some players don’t have or use a mic, but so many players get so tilted about it. A lot of the voice chatter in games is pointless stuff you end up mentally discarding anyways. Obviously some calls are great, but people go way fuckin overboard when the information they’re giving you is already obvious or wrong. And going on tilt because a player isn’t using a mic that much is worse than the player who’s staying relatively quiet.
I understand, there is a difference between not using your mic, not using it much and not owning a mic. People who don't own a mic might have voice chat enabled anyway and are helpful, so are not necessarily part of the problem. But if you own a mic and you flatly won't use it at all why bother? The case I used is just an extreme example but happens on occasion.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

-train
+ancient
=🤮
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is fine. I can hardly get a game on Train in my part of the world and most of the people who I play with don't want to play Train anyway. Throwing new maps into the competitive pool is the only way to shake things up. Someone said "if you can make fix Overpass then you can fix anything". Everyone bitches for new maps and when we get a new map everyone bitches. I have asked to have Ancient on the queue but people say "well, it's a scrimmage map so it doesn't matter", the only way for Ancient to be improved is for it to be in the active duty and for it to be studied and it's layout to be refined.

hello internet posted:

Alright well 16th best isn't too bad I guess. It's such a boring skin at least it seems to be going up in value somewhat
You can probably get some good overpay for it.

The funniest thing about the end of the operation is the new subscription to show you your competitive stats. It would be funny if Valve didn't treat their userbase with outright contempt here (providing a paid service where you can get it for free).

Budzilla fucked around with this message at 06:27 on May 5, 2021

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Kehveli posted:

A map rotation 2-3 times a year with everyone knowing the next 2 maps to go in/out in advance would be huge.
I would love more frequent map rotations. Unfortunately Mirage is a very popular map I doubt Valve would drop it from competitive when everyone is playing it.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Woodenlung posted:

I'm back down to faceit lvl 7/8 hell, and some of the plays that happens here lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRvfky4hLrs
I play MM and this is every round.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

cool tho last operation was too pricey for me, i hope this ones a bit cheaper

Valve realised that the real money is in skins. There are heaps of collections for this operation. Interestingly Valve has a competition called Dreams and Nightmares themed skin competition a while back and they are giving away 100k for each winning skin. It was assumed it would be for this operation but it's a no show. Fast turn around for this operation too.

I However do like the 10 man queue thing.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

1.6 still had a veeeeeeery small bit visible.
3kliksphilip did a video on the map changes. I played a bit on the new D2 while drunk. You have better protection if you want to gamble a CT run to lower tunnels but I wouldn't count on it. As the video points out it does make things easier for a sneaky T rotate too.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Not really a hot topic around here but CSGO had its first major in 2 years in Stockholm with Navi taking the crown. Also viewer numbers were exceptionally high (even after Valve nuked non-prime accounts). A Q.Final match had 1.35 million viewers which beat out the previous best GF match from 2017. The final match between Navi and G2 had more than 2.5 million viewers.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Also lost to sjuush and MSL recently, so my bingo card of getting my rear end handed to me by washed pros is slowly filling out
You are too good for us.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Another CSGO major has come and gone. Navi lost to Faze. I wish I could watch it live but it sucks living in the wrong time zone.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

qhat posted:

So apparently there was a matchmaking update on Monday that basically confirmed what a lot of people have suspected for a while; NA matchmaking was completely hosed up and was underranked by a lot. Reports of people going from GN4 straight to SMFC and Global.

One of my friends went from GN3/4 to SMFC. I am in Oceania by the way. Also I ranked up from Silver Elite to GN3 most of my friends only ranked up 1 or 2 spots.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

It's time to get a birthday coin. All you have to do is play the game until your XP bar fills up. So a couple of games, it has to be done by the 22nd.

Tuscan is back after a long absence from CS. Breach and Anibus are old CSGO maps that are back in the competitive pool too.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Speaking of pro players I recently went to Dreamhack in Melbourne. It was cool to see Fallen get some awp action in. Although I can tell he is past his prime. The grand final was Imperial Sports vs Pain. With Pain winning in three maps. All Brazilian final.

Budzilla fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 8, 2022

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Yeah I know the feeling.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

My pickems are going v.badly.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

It's the Legends stage of the major and the first 2 rounds have already been played. The previous major champions, Faze have lost both their rounds. While the other top 10 teams in the ESL rankings are looking very bad right now.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Is there anyway to find out at the end of the major how many people get each type of pickem' coin? I can't imagine there would be that many diamond coins compared to other majors.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Thats loving CS right there. None of that pansy rear end dick tugging smile for the camera bullshit. Men puke, men poop on the LAN, men deliver their new born baby on the stage. loving hard core dick in the rear end clutch headshot gently caress it chuck it game time poo poo. Take it to the twitch chat. Dicks get shoved in places you don’t even remember. We win together we celebrate together. Counter-Strike is back baby.
When I talk to my workmates about games they have nfi what is CS, even though it has the one of the largest if not largest online player base. This sort of post explains why.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Definitely not the first time I have been bad for counter-strike

If your post was bad for Counter Strike I don't want to have good Counter Strike.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Didn't realize you could clip the entire third map of navi-furia
I watched the replay of it and the entire game was loving insane. The crowd really made it though.

Up Circle posted:

I don’t think this game was made for you pal

It wasn't. I embraced it.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Nativity In Black posted:

Outsiders and Heroic are teams I almost universally root against. Kinda bummed this is how the final is gonna go.

I guess I hate Outsiders slightly less?
Outsiders won 2-0.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Big update today. Dust2 is out of active duty and Anubis is in. AWP magazine has been reduced to 5 rounds and some damage dropoff changes for the M4a1s.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

Breaking Glass posted:

I kind of hate the balance changes that feel like they over-fit to the pro-scene and don't really make even high rank competitive significantly better.

It did seem like an update out of nowhere. I personally believe the AWP reduction is good but won't make much of a difference except for spamming shots though walls/smoke.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

ArfJason posted:

No its counter strike 2: the sequel to counter strike.

It's just an upgrade CS:GO. CS:GOATSE. The All Time Special Edition.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

The best thing about this is people can finally shut the gently caress up about source 2 for CSGO.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

barnold posted:

seeing italy in the map reveal video is awesome. bring back them old maps god damnit. i need my cs_assault

My favourite times with CS was playing on 24/7 Assault servers for Source.

Hopefully Valve have something planned for the hostage game mode to make it viable.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Does anyone else feel like the custom skins in this game look tacky and have no interest in acquiring them?
I have a large skin collection and I am ashamed of it. I might do an effort post if a new thread goes up to explain skins and how to sell that $800 knife you got years ago for cash.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

hello internet posted:

Steam inventory helper is super helpful for mass selling but you still have to manually confirm every loving order if you have your phone linked to your account
New steam phone app allows you to select from a list waiting for confirmation.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

only out half the value of the cases is frankly way better than I'd have bet you'd do

https://cases.jonesy.moe/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

icantfindaname posted:

Isn’t the ability to disperse smoke with an he grenade a gigantic nerf to smokes? I’m not in the beta, can’t see for myself

I think it's more of a buff to HE grenades than a nerf to smokes. Spending 300 bucks to clear a smoke for a few seconds is a risk.