Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
New nuke is sick, I completely love all the changes they made. Graphically a million times better but the changes to the layout sound really smart too.

Crain posted:

Dunno if you guys saw this: You can open and close the shutters on unbroken vents in the new nuke.

I love little details like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I hate Santorini, this map suuuuuuuucks.

Mikla is okay.

Tulip seems cool.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 19, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

240fps on newke :getin:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Let me introduce you to santorini....

Seriously what was valve thinking with approving santorini, this map is hosed. Its tiny, there's only two paths and if the CTs have a halfway competent awper the left path for Ts is hosed, so you've got only one possible route and the Ts can all stack there. Horrible design.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

So you can smoke window and rush squeaky, or otherwise you're all going long A.

There's a path from stairs to underpass that this map doesn't show, but it really doesn't help very much.

Feels super CT-sided to me, but I'm bad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/46giit/new_racist_map_of_valve_mikla/

Apparently Mikla is pissing off Turks in a whole lot of ways.

Some of it sounds like they were just making jokes using a bad translator. They're upset that 'gun fights are fun for whole family' is racist, but its probably just meant to be a fourth-wall joke about playing counter-strike. Some of the other stuff is a little worse I guess.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Feb 19, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Smol posted:

Jesus loving christ people are cheating in valve deathmatch these days?

Whenever somebody accuses somebody else of wallhacking in casual or deathmatch, I always say "lol, nobody at this skill level is bothering with hacks"

I'm sad that's no longer the case :smith:

Crain posted:

You make it sound like csgolounge cares beyond getting free money off of idiot kids.

Well when the oversight costs them a lot of that free money, yeah.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Awesome Welles posted:

New nuke is interesting, I actually had fun playing that dumb map with all of its changes.

The other maps though? :negative:

Yeah I love newke and hate most of the other maps. Santorini in particular I loathe.

Dongicus posted:

Inferno for sure

Inferno is so much better than these garbage maps though.

I would say lose Cobble, Overpass, or Cache. Between those I'd pick Cobble.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

harrygomm posted:

freak in his stupid gunnars is killing me

I'm trying to remember who it was, but some recent esports thing I was watching the guy wouldn't shut up about his gunnars.

Like drat dude how much did they pay you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

fennesz posted:

Is this it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCDoANDkl4

I honestly didn't even know C9 was still playing. I thought they just dropped out.

Nah it was like during a tournament, which is why it was so ridiculous. The announcer went over to one guy and was like "hey, nice gunnars!" and the guy was like "yeah I wear the gunnars because they help me game better when I wear gunnars so you should get gunnars gunnars gunnars gunnars"

I was like drat :signings: