Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
Counter-Strike 2.0: a sequel to 1.6 twenty years in the making

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
-full amd here been rock solid

-half second freezes are shader recompiles which happen once per particle effect and will go away eventually but will need to be redone every game patch or driver update

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
yeah idk why devs have stopped making their game clients precompile shaders, that poo poo made darktide unplayable for a patch last time I played that

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
so yes on paper it is indeed faster but practically it's something that will matter like 1% of the time where you're close enough to be heard and know exactly where your enemy is and go for the flank or something

but realistically you've got more important poo poo to worry about than walking slightly faster - should be more focused on crosshair placement and checking corners and poo poo and when to go loud so as to not slow peek a corner etc

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
if you expect to see an enemy soon you should put full cover between you until you are ready to peek fully with a strafe of a or d, as that is the easiest and most reliable counterstrafe to do and will maximize your angular velocity to your enemy until you're ready to shoot

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

is paying 15 bux for the paid version worth it? I don't care about rankings but skins and poo poo are cool

- about as worth it to pay :10bux: to post here

- you should care about rankings because it's not a high score but the mechanism to give you fun games of equal skill level

- it's great to see team mates run around with literal thousand dollar skin collections while they're down in silver with us

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
There's been no change to weapons stats or logic, the whole shooting mechanic has just been ground up reimplemented underneath so all guns feel better across the board because they now function as intended

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014

Katamari Democracy posted:

That CS2 official twitter is hilarious as hell.

for those not in the loop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9g6F5IopJc

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
best skins in the game:

1. default dualies
2. default desert eagle
3. all other defaults

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
yeah playing csgo in 2015 turned out to be a great investment, all those 3 cent cases clogging my inventory were worth like 3-5 bucks apiece so over the last year I bought red dead 2, baldur's gate 3 and cyberpunk+dlc among others

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
just watched the grand final highlights for sydney, very entertaining hour if you didn't catch it live or the vod. very close game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npDuPuuYkUI

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014

Brendan Rodgers posted:

You peek around corners and shoot people before you render on their screen.

this is called "peeker's advantage" and is an inherent consequence of interpolation which is required to make multiplayer shooters playable over distances of hundreds of kilometers

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
This game's current online discourse is a potent mix of the gamerbrained whining new=bad, the game's foundational features still being in development, and straight up misinformation. It's actually hilarious. I went to browse r/globaloffensive for some laughs and someone was so gamerbrained that they claimed to have discovered how to "remove subtick" by capping their client's fps to 64 so that they could see what the server was seeing

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
I remember reading a dev interview somewhere that 2 weeks worth of pushing a build to production is the equivalent of a year of qa, and that's just how games as a service works these days.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
what do you mean cs source is the must-have expansion pack for garry's mod

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014

Pandaal posted:

I know you're just bustin' balls but the real issue is that once you hit 4k MMR you actually can't lose MMR anymore. Pair that with folks who have no idea how to play but lucking into 10 wins in placements and you have a 4k MMR range that varies WILDLY in terms of skill, temperament, microphone ownership, etc. So it's not until you hit 5K that you actually get consistent games, but it's hard to do that solo-queueing with those maniacs. I just kept eating the poo poo until I hit 6k.

From what I've experienced, all your losses sub-4k are not free but deferred and will be subtracted from your rating on your first 4k+ loss. I guess this is to prevent players from pooling at 0 mmr? It creates a constant churn sub-4k so it kinda makes sense? Maybe valve tried to solve the "elo hell" that gamers are always on about... but they never explained the system to the gamers so instead they complain about it on reddit

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
You should turn that setting on in your game client that tells you when you're getting network issues cause that will certainly help diagnose

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
my hot take is if pros are playing a map for million dollar prize pools i think it's good enough for you to play pub mm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
12 years and still no night vision goggles. How am I supposed to make my frag montage without that sweet green tint