Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
MP5 baby! I know I am a little late to this party but I don't get to play much these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Does anyone here play on perfect world servers? I play with a friend but it would be nice to have some more competent, English speaking buddies to play with.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
I played a match on Anubis today. There was a blatent hacker on our team. The kind that stares at the ground and gets stupid head shots. Would you call that an aim bot? I don't know. We couldn't get the votes to kick him until we were up 14-0. After we kicked him I noticed that every single person on the other team turned on their hacks. All five. Scout head shots through walls every round etc. Managed to eek out a win by p90 rushing and finally clinched it at 16-14.

I've been playing a lot lately. I have good streaks and bad streaks but this really soured the game for me. It seems stupid to me that there aren't better anti cheat measures in place. How hard could it possibly be to implement?

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Bohemian Nights posted:

Really hard, especially when the AC can't be as intrusive as required due to public outrage re: data security.
VACnet is pretty good at reactively banning cheaters after the fact, but live detections and bans would mean malware levels of access to reading your memory

One solution, though far from ideal, is to play on third party services like faceit, esea, cevo, esportal, etc. There's still people soft toggling once in a while, but at least I've never seen a blatant spinbot

I see what you're saying. I was just thinking that a situation with a player staring at the ground 99% of the time popping off headshots should be easily detectable. Is that what the spinbotter sees or is their view different? The current reactionary nature of the anticheat isn't much use considering the game is now free to play.

These third party servers sound interesting but I live in China. Don't know if they are available here. How do you access them? Generally my choice is: play perfectworld where almost nobody speaks English. I can speak enough Chinese to get by and make calls (and talk poo poo) at least on Dust2 but godamn I am tired of having the same "oh a foreigner" conversation every game. Or I can play worldwide on southeast Asian servers where more people speak English but the lag is often bad.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
I'd estimate that I have at least one or two hackers on average per game. Sucks because I love this game but it might give me an anyeurism.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
I've noticed far fewer hackers in games since I purchased Broken Fang. I don't think any anti cheat measures were implemented, but people are less likely to hack on an account they have spent money on (by buying the operation).

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Whatever the case, it's a happy coincidence.

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
Nevermind, you are right. I just had a brief lucky streak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Vahakyla posted:

I'm Prime, no de-merits, got MM rank, WHERE IS MY drat INVITE

Yo, same. Whose dick do I gotta suck to get a cs2 invite?