Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Anyone watching IEM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

WITCHCRAFT posted:

What are queue times like for competitive? I think before I stopped playing I went between the top gold rank and the first rank above gold that has its own name. And it was like 10-15 minutes for a competitive match during low population hours.

Depends on what maps/how many you queue for. If you queue for one map it has the average time right on the map selection. If you queue for multiple it goes down a lot, obviously. I typically queue for every map in the competitive pool sans Ancient and Dust2 and get a match in under 2 minutes.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

The Joe Man posted:

This is me when I gently caress up my stairs smoke from Mirage t-spawn and it ends up in the middle of A

“New one-way just dropped 😎”

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

last shot was illegal :rip:

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Coin acquired 🎂

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Yeah the short matches are good in a pinch but eventually I always go back to the full match. The economy isn’t really suited to the short games. If you lose pistol chances are by the time your eco recovers you’re already about to switch sides.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

UnknownMercenary posted:

So after years of just slumming it in casual and watching majors in GOTV I'm finally bothering to do my competitive placements despite owning the game since it came out. My main question is am I supposed to be seeing wild swings in who I get matched against? I usually do okay against silvers and the highest rank I've won against is GN2 but I will get pit against much higher ranks (DMG, LE etc the highest was 2 SMFC) and get demolished , is this a normal part of the placement process?

First couple placements this is normal, they’re basically unranked games. Once you place it’ll be much more enjoyable.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Yeah it sucked they had to play Complexity, I was happy either way and by the end I was kinda rooting for Imperial and Fallen. Good for Brazil and good for CS.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Push El Burrito posted:

They're still in BO1s. Once they get to BO3 is usually when you'll see things stabilize.

Same copium I was huffing but at least we still have Liquid 😔

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

oSee playing like a demon in game 2

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpinelessWanderingSrirachaSoonerLater-2_oILypnclUzawKx

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrowdedFunIcecreamDancingBanana-7h3a5bYGRZaNEFVe

Completely insane moment

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Nativity In Black posted:

Upside for me, because I barely cared about the outcome of this, I got a bunch of stuff accomplished around the house

I'm kinda annoyed about the narrative that the Brazilian fans didn't show up for the final because

1) Yeah I get it, I'm not really rooting for the teams either

2) Apparently it was pretty fun outside.

3) Also it's apparently false in general and the shots of the empty arena are from early in the day before matches started?

Nah, I watched every minute of the major from challengers on. They were there and insane when a Brazilian team was in it, but the crowd was missing or dead otherwise. For the final the crowd came really late and even then were very low-energy. Really high highs, really low lows. But you can’t count on one specific and unlikely success scenario for your atmosphere not to suck.

This was so overhyped from the crowd angle (people in Brazil were lobbying for an even bigger stadium) but at least the lesson was hopefully learned. They announced another IEM tournament in Brazil in 2023 but it won’t be a major.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Team motherfucking Liquid going to the Katowice playoffs. Denied Faze a grand slam to do it. 🫡

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Budzilla posted:

https://twitter.com/FNATIC/status/1658164834364448768
Poor Niko. At least ZywOo might still get his major.

Liquid are taking it. There’s always CS2 for Zywoo.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Wild that G2 nor Navi made it to playoffs but I think now that we're in Bo3's the upsets will taper off.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

K0nfig hosed up his buy in OT and the call from the casters was so good

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpoopyAntediluvianPoxWholeWheat-Gi7xJRe1ZvJI3mn0

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Still that was a hell of a game and the comeback from Apeks was legendary stuff

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Playoffs are starting and the stage looks awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/live/Dtsryf3Y3js?feature=share

Pandaal fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 18, 2023

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

fyallm posted:

Are there drops for this tournament?

I don’t think so? I haven’t seen drops on a major at least in the last 4-5 of them.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Great turnout for the Liquid game

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxn6wBPOSw19T915HvYNUwR6y0Cq-ECL_6

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

poo poo I'd take that honestly. Rooting for Heroic now that Liquid put on an NA masterclass but I love that there are smaller teams represented at the Major.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

symbolic posted:

tbf that was mostly Hunden and cant be proven for the 3/5ths of Heroic that was on the team back then iirc. however i fell out of the pro scene for a couple years and that was during that timespan so i might just not have all the deets. still love cadiaN as a personality tho

Yeah I’ve heard a lot of people still hold a grudge about that but I agree with your assessment. If anything people should hate Astralis who currently employ Hunden and have done much worst dirt generally. I’m rooting for Cadian.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

ilmucche posted:

What did hunden do

Among many allegations of unethical poo poo the proven stuff is that he abused the coaching bug (you’d have to look into that if you’re not familiar) and then manipulated an autistic member of the team into throwing the players under the bus on his behalf.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

This guy rules

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxz1GQ1eUBv6YiinRuisuTP0NAJqE05z18

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Whew that last map was amazing. Blast put on a hell of a show too. Great major 🫡

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Nuke is out, the lighting + the new smokes in insane

Pandaal fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 30, 2023

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Pumped for Disabled Wingman mode

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

The tournament change is loving huge and welcome. The partner leagues were admittedly a necessity to preserve the scene as much as possible during covid but were quickly becoming an informal franchising agreement between the moneyed orgs and the TOs. A notable result lately is EG being a dogshit, terribly run org that flames out of literally every tournament possible in the earliest stages but getting invites to everything over more deserving orgs like ENCE and Mouz. Makes for a lovely experience for fans and orgs alike.

It’s also a perfect time to announce this as the anti-franchising sentiment in the Valorant community is reaching a peak. Easy W for Valve and CS.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

There’s been some interesting stuff showing up in the datamining too. Looks like they’re redoing the ranks (not ELO unfortunately but a visible MMR nonetheless) and centering a lot of it around the Premier MM queue.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

I think MR12 can be good if they make the necessary adjustments to the economy. Make sure pistol rounds and conversions stay important but don't shrink it all too much to where every game becomes force-buy wars (which is what the MR8s always devolve to) and it can be a good way to recombine the playerbase into one MM queue. That + making premier the main competitive mode should mean bigger pools >>> better matchmaking >>> faster queues.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

If you care at all about what your mic sounds like the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro is the standard bearer nowadays. If you just care about sound quality most recommend the Cloud2 Wireless or the Logi G-Pros

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Push El Burrito posted:

Which idiot of video games said "no 4 person queues"?

It’s the right call. If you’re the solo guy playing with a 4 stack it just always 100% sucks. Best case scenario you play with no comms while they all sit in a discord call and reserve their push-to-talk key solely to blame the odd man out for every lost round. Back when there were bots you’d just end up getting vote kicked so one of them could play the bot every round. 3-stack still allows a chance at another 2 guys playing together. Otherwise find a 5th buddy.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

It’s not ok for people to be extremely rude about it or use the Gamer words, but you really shouldn’t play ranked competitive without a mic.

Also I know it’s kind of tough to hang in there through the sewage that comprises the bottom of the CS world but Trust Factor truly is a marvel of online gaming. If you play enough games where you give and receive commendations you’ll eventually only get lobbies with other cool and respectful people.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

ilmucche posted:

Can you do the commendations and stuff in cs2 as well?

Yeah but you have to do it through the scoreboard for now. They don’t have the prominent commendations menu on the end screen yet but I hope they plan to add it.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Before you drive yourselves crazy over it let me catch all the new leetify members up… “Positioning” is a nonsense rating by leetify’s own admission and until it improves don’t beat yourself up over that stat.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

CSGO becomes CS2. GO won’t exist once the update hits.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

On CT for rifles I roll: A1-S / A4 / AUG / Scout / AWP

The FAMAS is and forever will be terrible.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Pfft, obvious take for someone who doesn’t insist on playing spots called “heaven” with no AWPing talent whatsoever! I like my call of duty guns tyvm

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Played about 40 games of premier and my main takeaway is that sprays feeling bad + improved hit reg has resulted in a crazy shotgun meta. Not exaggerating, my last 6 games have all had at least two XMs on CT side at all times and more on T side ecos. They're just crushing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

symbolic posted:

MAG-7 is deec enough imo, good for close-quarters like Inferno apps

Or on nuke if you wait at the bottom of the stairs at secret. Nobody ever expects it.