Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I hate CSGO and everyone who plays it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I can jump 210 units 1 out of 50 tries. Neat.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

fennesz posted:

This thread boosted my FPS by a lot.

I haven't heard anyone else say anything negative about this tweak, but it did absolutely nothing for my FPS.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Alighieri posted:

What CPU are you using? It likely only works on newer ones that valve haven't coded to be detected by the multi-thread properly.

i5-2500

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

ArfJason posted:

i had a blast in the approx 6.4 grillion hours i played 1.6 but my regret is having most of that time be 12v12 not realizing how fun 5v5 is.

one thing i dont regret is kz. always be kzing

Oh that reminds me. Regarding strafe jumping in the last thread. You mentioned adjusting my sensitivity. Is that generally an adjustment toward higher sensitivity for KZ maps?

And does anyone else get annoyed when your solo queue MM game turns into open-mic night for unfunny idiots? "I licked my grandma's pussy while fingering my dog." Thanks, you snowflake, maybe stick to calling out things in the game.

I think it's because I'm not drunk enough to deal with that sort of poo poo. But maybe it's because I'm so drunk that I'm just not in the mood to listen to it.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 10, 2016

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Elman posted:

Did they remove rank requirements for Competitive? I just ran into a rank 1 smurf who absolutely wrecked house. I thought you need like rank 3 or 5 to do that?

You can "prestige" now like in CoD. It resets your level and gives you a shiny medal to display. Of course, doing so does not again prohibit you from MM until level 3, that restriction is just for the first timers.

That person was level 40 at least once before.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Bohemian Nights posted:

The only goon is Depths from this very thread and some other norwegians

Are you Swift?

Is that supposed to be obvious in screenshots? Because I can never tell who people are when their forums name doesn't match.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Great job. I will never do that.

Silver is just fine.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Every update seems to break my config file for messing around on a single player server.

What is the best config to use for practicing on various maps alone?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

symbolic posted:

I ran 70-80 frames on average at, like, 10 ping. I feel like my framerate is one of the reasons why I have trouble, but I also have really lovely reaction time and hand-eye coordination. I cannot trace a moving target to save my life, nor aim at a head from a distance more than, say, d2 b window to tunnels exit. I've tried forcing myself, but even then my body just works against me. 'Tis the life I lead.

Try mixing up your posture and wrist anchoring technique. I've switched between mostly wrist movements, to resting my whole arm on the desk and pivoting mostly off my elbow, to letting my arm hang off the edge of the desk sitting more forward facing but still using my elbow as the pivot. Every time I mix it up, I am able to increase mouse sensitivity a bit which helps overall aiming and movement a lot. I started playing with really REALLY low sens, like a 22in 360. I've worked my way back up to around an 18in 360 by just changing my posture and practicing.

The thing I struggle with is being primed to fire. In DM or 1v1 servers, I'm running around looking for the shot. In MM I'm holding angles and focusing on my placement along with the team's, and I'm often caught off guard when I need to shoot. I even get that way when clearing corners too quickly. I'll look right over a guy and start moving to the next spot and go "oh poo poo," before trying to correct back and getting owned. That might come down to poor reflexes overall, I dunno.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Something's updating.

I guess Valve doesn't know how to add that to the Steam interface because all I'm seeing are posts from 2012-2014.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I just did pretty poorly in a silver game. I mean, we stomped them because they started trolling and just camping their own spawn.

But, my buddies felt like going after them and I just kept watching the sites. Whatever, I don't have the energy for that stupid poo poo. I didn't get a kill after the 9th round or so.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It was a pointless waste of time regardless. 11 kills. Woo woo.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Anyone who plays this game is fundamentally broken in the head.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Steam goon group spam must be one of those CSGO humor things. Like yelling racial epithets into the microphone. I don't get it.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Guess I had the wrong button clicked. Missing out on a 65 cent case sale. Thanks Obama.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Smol posted:

gently caress all other mice but Zowie. They're lightweight, have good sensors that don't lose you rounds and don't need lovely software to change DPI.

That video shows exactly what my Deathadder does all the time. Except mine usually snaps up instead of down, maybe because I play reverse.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Smol posted:

ZA11/12/13 if you use palm grip, FK2 if you use claw grip.

And these mice are free from that horribly buggy snapping to top/bottom?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Suran37 posted:

I'm not silver 4 skill wise,

I bet you are.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

qhat posted:

Technically there is a noticible difference between high and DPI, below video explains it fairly well. It probably isn't going to make much if any difference to actual gameplay though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EplLoJFyTL0

LOL. This video starts off with an annotation that tells you to "Click here for the video without all the useless info and annotations." Link leads to a video that's 2 minutes longer.

Gotta hand it to them, they know how to get people like me to watch their video for exactly 5 seconds before closing the window!

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It just selects it for use. You still throw them normally.

Those binds are useful because, due to the game's coding, it is faster to switch to a new grenade after throwing one, by first switching to another weapon THEN switching to your newly desired grenade.

This technique allows you to throw multiple grenades quickly. Like when you want to quickly toss two flashbangs.

Selecting one grenade the first time is just as fast without this bind.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah. And like someone else said, you can use the "last weapon" shortcut bind for this with some success I think... But, I long ago disabled my bind for that because I would occasionally switch to something I didn't want not realizing it was my last used weapon.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I dig the originality and variety of the missions.

"Get X kills with an ENEMY'S weapon!"

Ok done!

"Great. Now get X kills with an ENEMY'S weapon!"

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
What drop eligible twitch channel are the matches on?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
The main one or the "_Live" one?

I checked their website and their website said to check back soon for stream locations in the FAQ.

EDIT: Thanks

qhat posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/mlg

got all my smurfs idling this poo poo

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Is the twitch stream running like absolute garbage for anyone else?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Luna Was Here posted:

lmao envyus what the hell was that

its something on twitch's end with the chat, you have to watch in the popout player and it goes away

That made a huge difference, thanks. I even had to close the main window as well after popping it out. It was causing text input lag as I was typing here and in other browser windows.

qhat posted:

Or just select 'hide chat' from the chat settings (yes from the settings, not by pressing the arrow to hide it to the side)

Thanks. I thought they were one and the same honestly.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I know everyone's involved with watching the league play, but does anyone wanna bang out a few co-op Gemini missions real quick? I don't have any friends because I'm a terrible person who plays CSGO

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fmweasel

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 30, 2016

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
What's the orange-ish stick thing on the side of their monitors?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

BlackMK4 posted:

I haven't played since Bravo. Competitive scorecards are gone now?

I bought the current operation and I have scorecards.

You purchased the operation and you don't have scorecards?

Main menu. Click the links on the left side for the missions. Then just page left/right to see the scorecard.

They used to have an icon just for the scorecard but I guess that's either gone or it has been moved. Either way, if you haven't purchased the current operation, I don't think you get a scorecard.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
LOL. The mission to plant/defuse 5 bombs in casual mode will place you in games running the Hostage Cruise map.

Nice job, Valve.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
No. I played for a bit because, why not. Then I quit and hit it again. And it placed me back on the same server.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Still need to tackle the co-op missions eventually. Though, not tonight.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
This guy is best:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL90npPMq8QawdT0JdNFaf56c2MWh4rxcI

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
The Warmup had the old Train map on it as of a month ago (the last time I checked) so I'm not sure about how often they update it.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Some people just like blabbing on and on during a game. Like it's a chatroom.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Vote kicking in casual is about 50% of the fun of casual.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

apostasy. posted:

don't know about your experience but i play at smfc/global rank and esea and have been having similar problems progressing until recently. what helped most was forcing myself to check and hold angles better - put the effort into getting your crosshair where it needs to be at any angle an enemy could be all the time in dm, aim maps and comp and your aim will improve drastically as your mouse will begin feel a lot less foreign to you. you probably think you do this well but in my case i tend to zone out, choke when people actually peek corners, half-heartedly check poo poo and get shot in the back etc

This also means to significantly slow down, at first, correct? I'm realizing I'm over peeking and missing corners because I'm trying to rush through the motions instead of really clearing angles.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
How does something get popular but stay undetected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Thanks for those links. I'm always looking for goon approved training material on steam.