Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Fat Lou posted:

I doubt that Akumos could even shoot himself in the hand without an aimbot.

Sephiroth only needs Meteor. Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

You didn't do anything when the other thread devolved into Tribes: Ascend talk for 40 posts. I call your bluff, sir.

That's because Tribes is a fun game. I'm the greatest heavy capper known to mankind.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Xenaero posted:

Don't ever use "Tribes" to refer to "Tribes: Ascend"

Always indicate very clearly you are discussing the vastly inferior title.

We all know that T:A will never hold a candle to the original Tribes, but we can all agree that Tribes 2 loving sucked.

edit: Tribes1g checking in; best dueler in HaVoC MOD too. suck it.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I need to kick Necco's rear end considering how much he phoned in the OP by just copy and pasting from the other thread. Buttman Brigade has been down for a long time now and the OP has zero mention of sub.io, and it even still refers for people to message coLe in order to join the CS:GOONS group, which is asinine. Either join the group chat and see if someone will send you an invite from there, or gently caress it, I volunteer for people to message/add me (turk) and I'll put them into the group myself. poo poo, does coLe even still read this thread, or does all he do is kz?

NECCO! FIX THIS poo poo YOU SLACKER!

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 10, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Faffel posted:

Honestly, I love fighting games, CS, and Quake but at this point I feel like all time put into becoming really good at games is transient at best and a total waste of time at worst. Real hard to put in any practice time or anything without feeling that way now. I think I got old.

lol what are you going to do, go have sex or something? pffffft

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

AugmentedVision posted:

He should watch tourneys and post about how all the pros cheat instead.

:roflolmao: it seems to be euros for the most part too :mmmhmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYllUMj87d8&t=26s

:smith:

Faffel posted:

Absolutely not, but I feel like a musical instrument is like learning a really hard videogame but people appreciate it.

For real do this. Creating music is awesome.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 10, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

mcvey posted:

As long as Adrens playing on that team it will be poo poo.

Seriously, he is loving awful. He may possibly be the worst player of all NA pros, doesn't matter if he's igl or not. You cannot keep consistently laying eggs like that and expect your team to accelerate into the upper echelon of competition.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Photex posted:

frod just clowned s1mple through the smoke :circlefap:

love my boy danny montaner

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Fauxshiz posted:

Move adren to a sarlacc pit.

This really made me :lol:.

At this juncture Liquid could replace adreN with me and I'd be more of an equalizer than he is. God drat.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Cruise looks dope as gently caress. It might be the new Agency. Empire reminds me of de_facade, which I liked a lot, although maybe not as close quarters. Tulip looks like a COD map, but I could see it being fun. Coast... eh, I'm not so sure about this one, but we'll see. Royal looks like you could stick it in DoD and it wouldn't look out of place, which could be a good thing.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

xsf421 posted:

I don't like cruise so much after running around in it. A lot of the big open areas are closed off by invisible walls and fences, so you can only run down a ~15 foot path down the middle.

I haven't ran around them; only looked at screenshots. But that is really disappointing to hear. That map would really benefit from being as open as the screenshots imply.

symbolic posted:

And Santorini, Turk? :smuggo:

It's trash like it always has been. No big surprise there.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Photex posted:

soon there are going to be so many good teams that NA won't even be able to qualify for LAN events.

Even if the Brazilians weren't destroying NA STILL shouldn't qualify for ANYTHING. All "pro" NA teams are loving trash compared to the rest of the world.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Garfu posted:

I've played in an international tournament on zero hours of sleep over a 51 hour period after traveling across the Atlantic. That's a real thing. I was caught on camera sleeping in between matches.

I'm sure that you weren't the first nor the last for this to happen to.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

Please don't show this to turk.

k0nf1g is absolutely full of poo poo, but this clip is not one that should be used to prove it. As already mentioned he basically knew where VP was (save for taz, but he was in an incredibly common spam spot), so this one can just get tossed aside.

Frankly, he is probably the only one that I 100% believe is cheating, but all other alleged cheating players don't have sufficient evidence to support a final opinion for me.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Up Circle posted:

can we get an opinion from the conspiracy theorist?

if anyone is hacking i would think it would be the brazilians

Oh yeah, it's such a conspiracy theory when pros have been caught cheating numerous times. I'm the crazy one.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

From a guys deviantart page.

http://gas13.deviantart.com/art/Isometric-CS-GO-563679780

Wallpaper sizes available

loving rad. I've been looking for new wallpapers. Good eye, xp.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Katana Gomai posted:

That image was posted three days ago on /globaloffensive/

I don't look at or post on reddit because I have a modicum of self-respect.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

qhat posted:

Makes sense. There's no better place for Toxic than NA.

:yarg:

for real though, anyone with a DINOSOWER tag you should just immediately mute and report for griefing, even if they don't grief.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

NtotheTC posted:

I'd like to try ESEA but I heard EU is terrible, does anyone have a guest code I could use to scout it out?

I've got a few codes available. Let me see if I can access them on my phone.

Edit: PM sent.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 17, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Smol posted:

Haven't tried Santorini yet, but it was made by FMPONE. He has been a involved with good maps like Cache before.

He also did Season.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
It's usually brand new alts that want to get to level three as quickly as possible. I typically never saw it in DM, but in the last couple weeks there have been a lot of spinbotters.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I've been soloqueing lately and my games have been pretty good? But then again this isn't in the lower ranks (LE/LEM)

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
holy poo poo WHO loving CARES

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
No big surprise there. I've said it before, but at this rate NA shouldn't qualify for any majors. They all end up going out in the first round of groups, so what's the point? We just don't have the talent pool to support any serious bids.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

I think a lot while playing, even in casual. Nade usage, checking corners, post-plant situations, etc. I'm essentially an adreN.

woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah woah

lets not get hasty here

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

This was today.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-5pMCv-CTBTM-pB6oJ-u9DNH-vSvPB

A few notes. I was on a team with a 4-stack, so there wasn't much communication. I also buffed a few flashes and smokes, I know that much. And please don't comment on my round when I bought my AWP. That pained me enough thinking about it right afterwards.

Watching this right now since I can't sleep. Will give a rundown in a bit.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

This was today.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-5pMCv-CTBTM-pB6oJ-u9DNH-vSvPB

A few notes. I was on a team with a 4-stack, so there wasn't much communication. I also buffed a few flashes and smokes, I know that much. And please don't comment on my round when I bought my AWP. That pained me enough thinking about it right afterwards.

DEMO RUNDOWN, rear end in a top hat STYLE!

COUNTER-TERRORIST

Round 2: After that first kill you should have either ducked back behind lockers or into A site to reload rather than just stand out in the open and be killed.

Round 3: When you're at headshot box you are erratically moving your crosshair from mid over to vent. Even though there was a smoke thrown to try and give them cover, it was a worthless smoke and you would have seen them come out from mid long before they'd disappear into that smoke. Keep your crosshairs trained on mid or boost depending on the information that's relayed to you.

Round 4: You are moving around far too much in A so that you really aren't watching any useful angles. Pick an angle and have patience. Of course, this isn't to say not to switch things up every once in a while, but there has been no time for them to even get a lock onto what you're doing in the first place. You're overthinking this by a great deal.

Round 5: Are you playing with speakers and not any headphones? I swear that I'm hearing things and it's almost as if you have no idea that the enemy is right above and/or next to you. Also, you could tell that enemy that got up on ladder in A was right above you, yet you ran to toxic to check out bottom mid. You are very lucky that your opponents are dogshit with aim, because anybody else could have taken your head off long before you got the dude in mid and turned to get him. Also, don't take out nades while completely exposed you did with the HE.

Round 6: Don't peek so wide. Gotta do some jiggle peeks and bait those scouts/awps once you heard squeeky open.

Round 7: Why the hell are you buying an M4 when your teammate had $12k at the beginning of the round? Tell that bitch to drop you something. I'm not sure why it took you so long to rotate over to B after the T's rushed it (I'm assuming that you could see bomb on radar, even if your teammates weren't communicating), not to mention you trying to pop flash vents when all three of you had an awp cornered in checkers. You could hear your teammates moving in on him; go join them!

Round 8: The Dreaded AWP Round. I know that you said to not even mention this round, but c'mon, Why were you peeking so wide? What you should have done to make yourself a smaller target was to hug the wall connected to squeeky so you could get a better angle on the T's in main.

Round 9: Why are you still at A when the bomb is down and the rest of your team is there? Your job isn't to go hunting for the last Terrorist; it's to ensure that the bomb stays dropped. Go rendevousz with your team.

Round 11: Same criticism as round 4. You aren't watching anything of value because you keep moving around. Give out necessary information to your teammates, and it looked like you were as they were converging into A to assist you, yet you moved away from holding the angle. If they had flashed out or smoked at all they could have barreled out into site uncontested.

Round 12: The Dreaded AWP Round Mk. II. While I appreciate the Death tribute name on the Asiimov... ouch, that was rough. Other than making your shots, I don't think there was much you could have done there.

Round 13: Again, why are you buying anything when one teammate has 10.5k and another has 16k. YELL AT THEM TO GIVE YOU SOMETHING. HOLY loving poo poo STOP PEEKING SO GOD drat WIDE ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the gently caress didn't you take the shot? YOu could see his arm! It either would have killed him or done enough damage to scare him into retreating. Instead you just sat there waiting for a better shot and you got one tapped for your trouble.

Round 14: Again you go hunting for the Terrorist, allowing him to kill your two teammates watching the bomb. Luckily he had fuckall for time so his hand was forced, but think if he had another minute or so, you have made it into a 2v1 situation where you and your teammate have to split sites in case he runs away or tries to fake it. There's much larger strength in numbers.

TERRORIST

Round 16: *exasperated sigh* what a shitshow this round was. I mean, I think you did the right thing by trying to cover your flank. It's just your worthless team that really dropped the ball and couldn't hold main.

Round 20: That was good patience while going mid. Snuck up on him like a real ninja. Now incorporate some of that patience into your CT side.

Round 21: Footsteps had glitched out for me in the demo by this point, but that last CT by box in B main looked like he ran to hide behind it, which you most definitely should have been able to hear. Even if you didn't hear it, you already killed one CT that pushed, you should always check those corners by the box and into checkers when that happens just in case.

Also, this is just an observation, but stop trying to be overly cute with your grenades, namely flashes. You either don't get the angles right and just end up flashing yourself or they do absolutely no good at all. It's good that there's different uses for them, but it just looks like you're trying to make too many "pro moments" happen, and nothing transpires from it.

Go dm. A LOT. Also try out aim_botz and other reflex training maps. Do this for hours on end.

Sorry if this makes me sound like a dick.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Feb 23, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
my good friend spiros is correct. now go continue to shoot mans better

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I sure hope that s1mple has some bonuses in his contract, because without him Liquid would already be dead in the water.

edit: s1mple's adr that second half was 172 lmao

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 25, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

fennesz posted:

It's the same thing. Blocking someone in-game blocks their steam profile.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

No, it doesn't.

fennesz posted:

I remember checking a steam profile after blocking a guy in-game and having his profile blocked as well. Huh, guess I'm remembering wrong.

While it doesn't work this way in Valve MM, it does for ESEA, and I think CEVO, too. Although it doesn't block their actual Steam profiles, but just the ones they use on those respective third-party carriers. Plus, you won't be matched up with that player in anymore games.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Daeno posted:

There was always that one guy who was a god with the TMP on your local community server that pissed everybody off

It's me. I'm that guy.

Also I think you guys waxing on about the old days and not using randos for scrims are forgetting about #findpug

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
love my mouz

hellraisers look really loving good though

edit: MOTHER loving NIKO/NEX

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 26, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

Is it just me or does NiKo look like he's packing on a few pounds?

We have good food here in Columbus, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gorged himself the past couple days at Scali's or Late Night Slice.

edit: botJ got a kill... making it 6 for the game thus far.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Feb 26, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
That's it. Replacing the chrisJ sticker with denis on my mouztrap AK.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

aborn posted:

This is a great match, holy poo poo

Definitely. Apparently all the recent head-to-head games for both teams have been nail biters.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

real dilemma posted:

Liquid/HR for the 2nd spot tomorrow is actually probably going to be really awesome, shame one of them will have to miss it because the CLG/vexed/splyce/SK group does not deserve 2 major spots

I really want SK to take that group. They are fun as poo poo to watch when they are on point.

He's at least admitting to this fact during the post-game interview.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 27, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Those G2 avatars hahahahah

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I am so excited for Splyce. Could this be the start of them ascending to the upper echelon of NACS?

edit: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand 15 seconds into the analyst desk and thorin makes a Thailand sex tourism joke while making no point.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 27, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Up Circle posted:

hopefully gaben has gotten a spine and will be firing him and richard lewis after what happened to 2gd

if this happens i will eat a whole large pizza in 10 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
So what kind of dark chocolate did you eat.