Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

It's really irritating the Eternal soundtrack isn't on spotify because 2016's is the best workout playlist I've used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

massive spider posted:

It's really irritating the Eternal soundtrack isn't on spotify because 2016's is the best workout playlist I've used.

It's been nearly a year... After the dustup between Mick Gordon and id, I suspect some kind of legal hilarity ensued and everyone has been sworn to secrecy. Whether that's ongoing or was quietly settled is anybody's guess, but the fact that the soundtrack is unavailable for streaming outside of YouTube this long after release is very conspicuous.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Kovic remix of the soundtrack on YouTube is sublime.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I wouldn't mind so much if carcasses obeyed line of sight rules like other demons. It loving such that they can project their barriers through geometry.
It baffles me that this is presumably intended behaviour, when I first saw it I thought it was a bug. Completely breaks all the game's logic and makes arenas basically unreadable. I always prioritise killing the fuckers anyway, but their random barriers and poo poo are a big part of why.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

DLC2 looking good

https://files.catbox.moe/yk1qxv.mp4

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
ngl that legit would fuckin own

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

toasterwarrior posted:

ngl that legit would fuckin own

I've wanted to play Doom Souls so badly since i saw the first video fighting a ds1 black knight

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

That screenshot is literally from the Steam store page.

Hell still looked like that after release. Here's an image from the IGN post-release review.

I think this looks great. Looks like sulfur and I think it fit the desolate outskirts of hell setting perfectly. Looks poisonous.
I liked that much more than the Nekravol concrete and fire factory.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Hasturtium posted:

It's been nearly a year... After the dustup between Mick Gordon and id, I suspect some kind of legal hilarity ensued and everyone has been sworn to secrecy. Whether that's ongoing or was quietly settled is anybody's guess, but the fact that the soundtrack is unavailable for streaming outside of YouTube this long after release is very conspicuous.

If we ever get an official soundtrack release that isn't smashed to oblivion by compression, I'll eat quad damage.

It's not happening.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I do like 2016's Hell levels better than Eternal's. Kadingir Sanctum loving rips.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Steam achievements for Ancient Gods 2 are up, which means that it's probably out soon. And also that some spoilers are out there, should you care about such things.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The Bethesda Store posted up the store page for Ancient Gods 2 a bit early.

Because I'm nice, here's some quick mirrors in case it gets taken down:
1080p key art wallpaper
Monster 1
Monster 2
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3

quote:

The Ancient Gods – Part Two is the epic conclusion to the DOOM Slayer’s Saga and the second campaign expansion to the critically acclaimed DOOM Eternal.

You denied the gods and awoke an ancient evil. Now rally the scattered Sentinel armies, lay siege to the last bastion of Hell, break through the fortress walls, and face the Dark Lord himself. The soul of the universe hangs in the balance.

Your war against Hell ends here.

EXPERIENCE THE END OF THE SLAYER’S SAGA

Experience the epic conclusion to the DOOM Slayer’s saga. From the moment you were activated by Samuel Hayden at the UAC facility on Mars to the destruction of the Icon of Sin, all your battles have led to this. Prepare to siege Immora, the last bastion of the dark realm, challenge the Dark Lord in combat, and seal the demons within Hell for good.

FIGHT ACROSS EPIC BATTLEFIELDS

From the ruins of ancient Sentinel settlements and the cosmic wonders of the World Spear, to a devastated and overgrown city on Earth hiding a mysterious gateway, face Hell’s armies in never-before-seen locations as you fight your way to Immora, the last bastion of the Dark Lord protected by towering walls and powered by advanced technology.

FACE CHALLENGING ENEMY VARIANTS

Face new, deadly variants of demons. The Armored Baron wears special armor and uses a charged fist attack. The Stone Imp possesses a nearly impenetrable hide and prefers close combat. The Screecher is a zombie that empowers nearby demons when killed. The Cursed Prowler is a mutation with venomous, cursed claws. Exploit their weaknesses to destroy them.

WIELD THE SENTINEL HAMMER

Deliver more destruction with the Sentinel Hammer, an ancient weapon capable of stopping any demons caught within its shockwave. Use it to stun demons or combine it with the Ice Bomb or Flame Belch to extract much-needed health or armor.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Man, I'm glad I waited to play the first dlc until they were both out. I think this'll be a good concentrated dose of Doom Eternal which is a game I very much enjoyed even if it was slightly less so than 2016.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I swear to double barrel shotgun if I get emotional at the end of this about doom guy finally being able to rest Im gonna be very mad iD.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm glad it's being pitched as the end of Doomguy's story because Eternal made it really really seem like they were doing the Expanded Universe Story That Never Ends kind of deal and I hate that poo poo. Just give me an ending

(I mean I know they're going to keep making the games but w/e, that's not the issue)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Speaking of extended universe story. I was kind of thinking.
We've went through the DMC1 phase of "rough implementation of a brand new gameplay philosophy".
We're currently in the DMC 3 phase of "polishing of mechanics and expanding on the universe".

I'm expecting the next game to do the DMC4 and have us play a different main character with mechanical gameplay variations.
Alternatively DOOM Eternal: Special Edition where we get to play through all of Eternal as the Dark Lord.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Feel a bit bad cause they've been doing a slow drop of some of these things across the streams, this week they revealed The Stone Imp, and suggested they'd reveal another new monster next week, but I think Hugo also saw a chat message about "Why not the chaingunner" and it elicited a kind of funny response that kind of makes more sense seeing one of those screen shots.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

but I think Hugo also saw a chat message about "Why not the chaingunner" and it elicited a kind of funny response that kind of makes more sense seeing one of those screen shots.

oh gently caress no

this is what we deserve

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

drat this poo poo looks cool

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/1368634833761624064

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Fuckin A

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It seems to me it's nigh impossible to win battle mode as a demon against anyone good at quick weapon swapping. IE, anyone who still plays battle mode.

Fortunately, I have not, so I can provide demon players with a couple wins :saddowns:

It might not completely be my fault, because the weapon setup seems to be different there. The "set default weapon mods" tab lists only the shotgun, heavy cannon, chaingun, and rocket launcher, and the mouse wheel seems to only cycle through those. That threw me off.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Please baby jesus, let us pilot that doomguy mech finally. Or announce a sequel that lets you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Where. Did. Doomguy Go. Between. Games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

up your rear end hole :D

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

To get the Doom Fortress out of his DoomCloset and get it all dusted off.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Plutonia

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

There we go

*squints*

Why do the demons have B-Wings?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Vinylshadow posted:

There we go

*squints*

Where's our buddy, the Seraphim?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Hasturtium posted:

Where's our buddy, the Seraphim?

He's an ex-seraphim

He's pining for the fjords

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Is that the Betrayer's hammer?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Is that the Betrayer's hammer?

That's the Betrayer himself in the bottom left.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
I was guessing a marauder axe as the weapon, but a hammer is much cooler. From what Hugo said it's more than a straight replacement to the crucible, right?

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Loving that they've fully embraced that everyone just uses the classic Doomguy skin

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bushmaori posted:

I was guessing a marauder axe as the weapon, but a hammer is much cooler. From what Hugo said it's more than a straight replacement to the crucible, right?

It's got a little more utility than just a delete button, yes; it has a shockwave that can stun demons, which probably means there's gonna be literal swarms of them cavorting in the arenas now

Reminiscent of the Plasma Gun's stun bomb from 2016, probably?

Probably upgradeable (more uses/faster recharge? More damage to stunned enemies? (would it stack with the freeze bomb's damage boost?) Longer stun duration/range?)

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

also getting a slight hint of Roger Dean vibes from this, with a touch of Joe Petagno

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Vinylshadow posted:

There we go

*squints*

Looking at this, I'm coming to the realization that games workshop can probably sue for copyright. There is no part of this that would look even slightly out of place in WH40k.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Total War: Doom Eternal when?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tuo posted:

Total War: Doom Eternal when?

Just gotta buy Sega

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015