Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

How do you not vote out Alicia in that situation? HOW?!

Anna and Julia are both hot as hell, Beauty is beautiful.

Bugs crawling into your brain :gonk:

There's usually a distinct undercurrent of an insufferable personality. For gently caress's sake, he took a poo poo within view of camp. If he doesn't have the social consciousness to crap out of view, what else might he have done to piss people off that badly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

If he doesn't have the social consciousness to crap out of view, what else might he have done to piss people off that badly?
Darnell obviously never played enough or any Oregon Trail.

code:
"The Brawn Tribe Died of Dysentery."
^^^ New thread title? ;)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there was a god drat bug in her ear aughhahhh

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Met posted:

What did it change between?

Chemist, waitress, and civil air patrol captain.

The bit at the start where she was listing all of her skills to Joe while his eyes were glazing over was so great. "... winter survival, summer survival, rappelling!" I'm not sure if I could live on an island with her for a month but she's great TV.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't tell if the bug crawling out of someone's ear is a good omen or bad omen for the quality of the season.

I am assuming good because Tai and Debbie are awesome. Some of the other people seem cool too.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Debbie was terrible, bug was terrible, episode was great.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Hey friends! Do you ever wish you could live out your survivor fantasies without having to leave your home??

Well boy howdy do I have news for you! Our very own John Cena or w/e he calls himself now runs our very own AWFUL SURVIVOR, complete with a million dollar* grand prize!! It's a game of betrayal! Friendships will be made and destroyed! Hope you didn't piss off the jury come the end of the game! Wow!

(I meant to post this last night but then I fell asleep)

Anyway as someone who's played like three times I encourage everyone to sign up at the thread in Traditional Games below:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764744

*$100 Amazon gift card probably

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

winvirus posted:

$150!

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
It seems pretty drat racist to say that he looks like Obama, because... he really doesn't look like Obama. He's black, and has greying hair, but...that's pretty much it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

winvirus posted:

Hey friends! Do you ever wish you could live out your survivor fantasies without having to leave your home??

Well boy howdy do I have news for you! Our very own John Cena or w/e he calls himself now runs our very own AWFUL SURVIVOR, complete with a million dollar* grand prize!! It's a game of betrayal! Friendships will be made and destroyed! Hope you didn't piss off the jury come the end of the game! Wow!

(I meant to post this last night but then I fell asleep)

Anyway as someone who's played like three times I encourage everyone to sign up at the thread in Traditional Games below:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764744

It's no PopCon

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

I feel robbed!

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Rarity posted:

It's no PopCon

I finish my masters in a few months and then I will have the abundance of time needed to run PopCon 2 :twisted:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

No, he looks like Obama. But he talks like a little bitch.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

graventy posted:

It seems pretty drat racist to say that he looks like Obama, because... he really doesn't look like Obama. He's black, and has greying hair, but...that's pretty much it.

Not really. I didn't notice it until whoever it was mentioned it, but once it was said, it was hard not to see. It's more about his facial shape and hair cut than "lol the one black dude on the tribe."

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I kind of understand the Darnell boot if you ignore what they said the reason was.

Darnell and Cydney were shown talking on their own and doing their own thing. They were never really shown socializing with the rest of the group and would have been a pair that would flip at the swap/merge. Alicia they could potentially hold on to.

But it's the first boot and that's a terrible strategy to play for the post-merge. You really just want to win every challenge you can at this point and accidentally losing the goggles shouldn't trump bumblefucking around uselessly.

It was also probably a race thing too, but they likely wouldn't air that.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

aidoru posted:

Not really. I didn't notice it until whoever it was mentioned it, but once it was said, it was hard not to see. It's more about his facial shape and hair cut than "lol the one black dude on the tribe."

Obama had a hilarious "oh not this poo poo again" - reaction :D

As for Darnell going home, it felt weird for sure. Anyhow, in a shot where he was wearing only his underpants, he seemed to have a monster cock and maybe he was flashing it a bit too much on the camp for the other guys' liking. Earbug- woman was just going with whatever name the guys come up with.

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Feb 18, 2016

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

graventy posted:

He does look a fair bit like Obama. He's a lighter skinned black man with very short greying hair, has a long face and larger ears that stick out a bit. That's enough similarities to say someone looks like someone else.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Peter is really up his own rear end.

I'm not thrilled with the personalities overall after seeing this episode. More airheads than I would have expected.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

graventy posted:

Not really. Everyone else (including him) sees it. Seeing similarities between two individuals (especially when one of them is famous) is not the same thing as saying all ____ people look alike.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I think I'm in love with Liz.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sand Monster posted:

I think I'm in love with Liz.
She is incredibly cute. Did you hear Fishbach saying he met her on okcupid and dated her for a bit and referred her to Lynne Spillman? :lol:

Peter and Neal are looking better than people seemed to expect. I think that really young woman Julia is going to have a good dark horse game. And I think Caleb and Tai are gonna have a bromance. and beauty tribe is going to be dominant. Scot Pollard sucks.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Fast Luck posted:

She is incredibly cute. Did you hear Fishbach saying he met her on okcupid and dated her for a bit and referred her to Lynne Spillman? :lol:

No, but I did just hear for the first time that Fishbach isn't gay. Guess I don't have to worry about my husband dumping me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fast Luck posted:

Peter and Neal are looking better than people seemed to expect. I think that really young woman Julia is going to have a good dark horse game. And I think Caleb and Tai are gonna have a bromance. and beauty tribe is going to be dominant. Scot Pollard sucks.

What didn't you like about Scot Pollard? Besides booting Darnell I think he has a decent handle on the game.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

the truth posted:

No, but I did just hear for the first time that Fishbach isn't gay. Guess I don't have to worry about my husband dumping me.

Fishbach and Courtney (Yates) were a couple for a bit and for pulling that off I respect him a ton (because Courtney is way awesome).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Met posted:

What didn't you like about Scot Pollard? Besides booting Darnell I think he has a decent handle on the game.
As a player he seems to be doing pretty well but he also seems to have been the driving force behind Darnell being sent out and it seems to have been, for Scot, all about Darnell losing the goggles which is stupid to me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also he is buddies with bounty hunter and ughhahh

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Can we all agree that Survivor Caleb >>>>>>>>>> Big Brother Caleb?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

Can we all agree that Survivor Caleb >>>>>>>>>> Big Brother Caleb?

Only because he's being edited.

Which I've already said concerns me.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Asiina posted:

Only because he's being edited.

Which I've already said concerns me.

Yeah Caleb didn't manage to do anything terrible in his first couple days, but CBS also probably wants to protect him and will do so unless he majorly crosses a line.

I really thought bug lady was going insane until I saw the actual bug.

Darnell vote seems dumb but person above who posted about social dynamics is probably right.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

blue squares posted:

Yeah Caleb didn't manage to do anything terrible in his first couple days, but CBS also probably wants to protect him and will do so unless he majorly crosses a line.

I really thought bug lady was going insane until I saw the actual bug.

Darnell vote seems dumb but person above who posted about social dynamics is probably right.
Darnell seems cool and knows a lot about Survivor: http://parade.com/458453/joshwigler/survivor-kaoh-rong-premiere-darnell-hamilton/

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

It's no PopCon

Thank Christ.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I don't think Debbie can keep a job for very long at anything but "server at Red Lobster".

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Binary Logic posted:

That earworm crawled out because it had laid eggs. Which will hatch in a few days and the larvae will burrow down into Jennifer's brain bwahaha. :science:

I'm really amazed medical weren't called. What if one of the evacs is due to bug overload in the ear :cripes:

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Humans are weak. I want a lizard season.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

I'm sleeping with pantyhose stretched over my head if I ever go camping again.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I'm sleeping with pantyhose stretched over my head if I ever go camping again.

Just bring earplugs!

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

It's not for the bugs, I just like the smell.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Dugong posted:

I'm really amazed medical weren't called. What if one of the evacs is due to bug overload in the ear :cripes:

:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dugong posted:

She suffered for a couple of days before they did something, but then medical finally sprayed some stuff in her ear before the bug crawled out as shown

• Locked thread