Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Right on lady liberty, Jeff! :smugjen:

Propaganda Machine posted:

On a random note, Nick's head is way too small for his body and it's distracting me. I hope he loses soon.

I really want somebody to photoshop a picture of him with his head just slightly smaller than it actually is. Just so subtle that something's very obviously (more) wrong but because his real-life proportions are so weird you can't actually tell what's going on.

DaisyDanger posted:

Dude gets recorded making GBS threads in the ocean and then gets booted. Brutal.

Ear bug is one of the grossest things I've ever seen on this show.

I'm struggling to think of anything grosser to be honest. I was head-in-hands looking away from the tv.

winvirus posted:

I finish my masters in a few months and then I will have the abundance of time needed to run PopCon 2 :twisted:

oh god no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I dunno if I can watch this season, fully half of the cast are total loving insufferable fuckwits

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker

Toxxupation posted:

I dunno if I can watch this season, fully half of the cast are total loving insufferable fuckwits

Does it help the odds knowing that they suffer?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

honestly i don't fuckin know, it's everywhere i loving look there's another turdperson

even debbie can be hells of annoying when she's not amazing female Coach

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

SalTheBard posted:

Can we all agree that Survivor Caleb >>>>>>>>>> Big Brother Caleb?

Episode 1: Why is this asian on my beauty tribe??
Episode 2: Why is this gay trying to kiss me??

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Shneak posted:

Episode 1: Why is this asian on my beauty tribe??
Episode 2: Why is this gay trying to kiss me??

Calling it now: at the reunion, he'll talk about how he would have given anything for a neverending river of slop while in Cambodia, and they'll use it to promote Big Brother.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Toxxupation posted:

who are the fuckwits? the brawn tribe minus Jennifer, I assume? Nick, obviously. Who else?

but at any rate, I heard a rumor that Jeff compared the season to Gabon somewhere. to some people that might be ominous, but me, I fuckin' love Gabon. It's the CHAOS REIGNS season of Survivor.

I don't expect you agree with me on that Toxx, but your tolerance for watching assholes on Survivor seems alarmingly low. True Survivor fans learn to appreciate the assholes. I think I have a higher tolerance for crazy-rear end women, though. I laughed at least four times during the episode at the "mental giant" Alecia demonstrating her brilliance. Debbie's "puzzles lay down for me like lovers" is fuckin' legendary.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like Nick so far.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Toxxupation posted:

honestly i don't fuckin know, it's everywhere i loving look there's another turdperson

Isn't that pretty much always the case on Survivor whenever it's a "new players only" season? I remember trying to watch some season in the "season 20~something"- range where all (?) players were some 20-year old fuckwits, it was totally unwatchable or at least I didn't even bother further than the first episode (edit: now I remember that they split the teams to men and women, holy poo poo that was baaaad :shepicide:). Compared to that, this season feels alright. Those who have a massive ego at least have some life experience to make it tolerable.

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 19, 2016

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Brawn tribe definitely seems insufferable but it could be fun to watch them implode in the style of the Brains from Cagayan.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

Bolivar posted:

Isn't that pretty much always the case on Survivor whenever it's a "new players only" season? I remember trying to watch some season in the "season 20~something"- range where all (?) players were some 20-year old fuckwits, it was totally unwatchable or at least I didn't even bother further than the first episode (edit: now I remember that they split the teams to men and women, holy poo poo that was baaaad :shepicide:). Compared to that, this season feels alright. Those who have a massive ego at least have some life experience to make it tolerable.

One World is the one you're thinking of. I remember watching the first three or so episodes and quitting because of one of the most unpleasant contestants ever. that season is generally regarded as one of the worst, along with Redemption Island and Caramoan. In that range some people hate South Pacific, but it has defenders. RI and OW do not by any means. both are utterly full of people that have no idea how to play Survivor. one thing you can credit casting with recently is prioritizing having a majority of the cast at least have passing familiarity with Survivor. In this cast pretty much the entire Brain tribe and half the Beauty tribe are fans (you might not think the old FBI guy would be, but he referenced Tom Westman in his cast bio, kind of a deep cut).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As much as I hate BB Caleb I have a feeling he can survive the Survivor edit. Most of the BB badness came out in extended down time and obsession over a woman. If he keeps busy and his heart pure he might not poison the well. Then again last we saw him he was a pretty deluded nutcase who thought he was Superman so I have hope he'll prove plenty bad here.

The "Alicia vs Darnell" thing to me is a big meh. Alicia seems like an idiot who was actively playing her way out but Darnell volunteered for something he wasn't suited for and then (either intentionally or sincerely) went to emotional blackmail on Day 3. Based on what we know I probably would have voted out Alicia but I wouldn't have fought it much. These early boots are always a crap shoot. They both seem like they might be comically bad or might have just had a rocky start.

Ear bug. Never sleeping again.

Great start even though it's a lot of people giving off bad vibes early (Bounty Hunter, Debbie, Lady who lost her mind on Day 2, that douchey beauty guy) but that's not necessarily a bad thing early. Lots of time for poetic falls. And it usually takes time for the strong players to show themselves. It's usually the weirdos, assholes, and dumbasses who stand out early.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Pretty good cast; Jason seemed like the only potentially destructive personality so hopefully people pick up on his poo poo earlier rather than later

Very glad that Debbie seems to be capable of delivering on her potential, so I really want her to outfox the "young" alliance (which has two pretty old-looking motherfuckers clutching hard to that label)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Most of the cast are awful people but I will happily watch as Kaoh Rong beats the poo poo out of them. More medevacs for the medevac god :getin:

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Rarity posted:

Most of the cast are awful people but I will happily watch as Kaoh Rong beats the poo poo out of them. More medevacs for the medevac god :getin:

I feel like Darrell would have had a lot of potential in the way of "creative/baffling ideas for survival", too bad :negative:

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Darnell was a pretty big survivor fan, and he's very disappointed in how he went out. Made me sad for him. He referenced Sean Rector in his cast bio, and his exit interview in parade was about how disappointed he was for his friends and family.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If he wss a big Survivor fan, he should have known better. You don't volunteer to do something in the first challenge. Nothing good will come of it.

You also probably shouldn't poop in the ocean in front of your tribemates.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I'm sleeping with pantyhose stretched over my head if I ever go camping again.

I now have another fear thanks to the episode. What am I supposed to do if a bug crawls in my ear, anyway? How do you flush it out?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sand Monster posted:

I now have another fear thanks to the episode. What am I supposed to do if a bug crawls in my ear, anyway? How do you flush it out?

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Bug-from-Your-Ear

Palooka
Mar 13, 2005

MUST...WATCH...ALL...TV
Does earworm join the cast of eelbarf, spidernest, and snickersbar in the .gif rotation? Someone please post the current horrifying survivor creatures role call so we can take a vote.

Palooka fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 19, 2016

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It doesn't work as well with a quick gif though. It was the whole segment of crying pain that made the horror truly real

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

blue squares posted:

It doesn't work as well with a quick gif though. It was the whole segment of crying pain that made the horror truly real
Someone should use the video of that girl clutching her ears in pain while dubbing in the Emergency Broadcast System tone or the NOAA Weather Alert chirps.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I thought it was cool that the Brain girl who was struggling from the heat and anxiety ultimately was a huge factor in them winning the immunity challenge. But seriously, the second they showed them weaving palm fronds exposed out in the sun, I was rolling my eyes from how stupid it was.

Cool so far:
Brawn: Scot, Jenny
Brain: Aubry, Joe, Debbie, Neal
Beauty: Michele, Anna, Neck

Groan so far:
Brawn: Jason, Alecia
Brain: Liz
Beauty: Tai

Who The gently caress Is:
Brawn: Cydney
Brain: Peter
Beauty: Caleb, Julia

Liz sucks, I really got a lovely vibe from her. And the show went out of its way to show her giving lovely interviews about Debbie and Joe and then focusing on how much the two "olds" helped out Aubry when she was suffering. Her confessionals to me screamed that she's more interested in people leaving due to medevac - she literally called out three of her tribemates - rather than her ability to beat them, which was weird. If I were picking a post-ep-1 poison, it's Liz.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Poque posted:

Her confessionals to me screamed that she's more interested in people leaving due to medevac - she literally called out three of her tribemates - rather than her ability to beat them, which was weird.

I noticed this too and I really hope it's foreshadowing for her eventual medivac

They seem to have latched onto "people will suffer!" as the general theme for this season, though, so maybe they just took advantage of whatever footage they could find in that vein

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Owns

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Beautiful

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Yeah what was that about? Is she trying to be a Survivor purist out there or something?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

blue squares posted:

Yeah what was that about? Is she trying to be a Survivor purist out there or something?

I have done something similar when wood-chopping. Dad's like "uh buddy you can use the wedge and sledgehammer" and I'm like NO I GOT THIS, I AM AX-MASTER. :saddowns:
It's just sheer stubbornness. which is p. bad when it comes to Survivor. You gotta be flexible, and if something isn't working you need to go with what does work, not double-down on obviously ineffective ways of doing things.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This episode did remind me that I would be awful in Survivor. Sunburn alone would end me. I got burnt going swimming in Vietnam... after applying 3 layers of sunblock.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I love trees, unless I think they planted an idol under a tree.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Ripping trees out of the ground is nicer like the hulk than attacking them with your BLADE
this is a true fact

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

Ripping trees out of the ground is nicer like the hulk than attacking them with your BLADE
this is a true fact

Those trees were just babies though!

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Didn't Tai make some comment about it being weird that there were a few "dead trees" clustered together? Not that the first tree he uprooted looked particularly dead, but it could explain the perceived arbor-cide.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You guys do realize that trees/plants that have been uprooted can be replanted, right?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

This is great.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

TMMadman posted:

You guys do realize that trees/plants that have been uprooted can be replanted, right?

Yeah its just funny because it looks so violent

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Tai rules. I almost forgot about his tying the chickens together too, I thought that was really clever.

Hopefully the HII scramble doesn't gently caress him over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Tai needs to last the whole show so it can just be the "everyone is a monster but Tai" show

• Locked thread