Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

status posted:

i don't know! i've never owned a tie before :(

Now you have a story about your first tie. You now own a tie (as anyone should) and you can say, "It's my assassination tie!"

Keep and cherish that tie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Game finally unlocked and I'm just going through the tutorial challenges, frame rate feels a lot nicer than the beta and I'm already getting those weird janky Hitman glitches!

https://youtu.be/JaLmGYYwgDQ

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I assume I'll be wanting to turn off this Opportunities stuff, even as a casual Blood Money fan?

EDIT: Oh, and Hitman Go and Sniper Challenge are cheap on Google Play and Apple Whatever today.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Watch the Showstopper briefing closely- a buncha BM-related nods and easter eggs there.

Puella
Oct 31, 2013

The meaning of life is The Sims.

Policenaut posted:

Game finally unlocked

What do you mean? Did you VPN it?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Puella posted:

What do you mean? Did you VPN it?

It's out on consoles.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Veotax posted:

It's out on consoles.

It's not out on PC yet? Finally I get to be that guy who has the game when most of the thread doesn't. Except I haven't had time to play beyond what was in the beta. Ah well.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I pre-loaded it and only just realised it sometimes takes longer to unpack a pre-loaded game than it does to download the thing. I think X-Com 2 took like, 3 hours or something stupid.

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

Supplanter posted:

I loved assembling that sniper rifle, so I went through each stage looking for a practical reason to use it. The only stage I found where you can use the sniper rifle to get silent assassin and it isn't more difficult than fiber wire or silenced pistol is House of Cards. From the German guy's apartment you can snipe the person who inspects the package through his window. You may or may not also be able to snipe the person you meet when you drop off the package (Mohammad Bin Faisal Al-Khalifa according to Hitman wiki!), I always fiber wired him. I think you had to save the sniping for last, or it would screw up the trade.
The one place I remember using it specifically is on Curtains Down. Instead of replacing the prop pistol with a real pistol, you can set up in a sniper perch (either climb down to the scaffolding past where you set the bomb to drop the chandelier, or get the key card to the lighting control room) and shoot the singer at the moment when he's "shot" in the opera, works like a charm.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

A good way to use the sniper rifle in House of Cards is to garotte both the Afrikaner and the scientist in their respective elevators, then pull the fire alarm on the top floor, run into the scientist's suite, call the shiekh and pop him with the rifle when he goes into the alley to get phone reception. Bish bash bosh, silent assassin, suit only. Timing can be a bastard, though, as the fire alarm only clears out the guards just long enough to get set up, get the shiekh out into the alley and take the shot. Other than that, I don't think I've ever used the sniper rifle in BM. There's just not enough good vantage points or opportunities.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
You can use the sniper rifle in a fair number of levels in Blood Money - it's just that it's not always going to be a perfect setup where your target is hanging out somewhere isolated.

One place I find it's nice to have is in the fight during amendment XXV; when you're out on the roof it makes it really easy to take out Parchezzi while he's hanging out at the other end taking potshots at you.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
So this game is out now why is nobody talking about it? Is it cool and good? Entertain me while I work.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
There's still like, 49 minutes till it unlocks. Everyone else is console and therefore made a bad decision so they don't count.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
It's out in a hour on PC.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Kontradaz posted:

There's still like, 49 minutes till it unlocks. Everyone else is console and therefore made a bad decision so they don't count.

drat, not only did you school me on time zones but you also dug deep on the console pre-load I did before bed. Guess I'm not an elite gamer like I thought I was.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

You can also use the sniper to pop the druglord who's playing the violin in A Vintage Year from across the jungle. I did eventually get the other target with the rifle but it was tricky- I goofed and shot a civilian that looked like him by accident and someone panicked and opened the door which gave me a clean shot.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
I made another thing while the preload unlocks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-Npw70zf4

can't wait to get copyright claimed for a four second quarter-assed reference.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I've played Blood Money to death , SA'd everything on the haredest difficulty, and you can definitely ALMOST exclusively use the Sniper Rifle on a play-through if you want as long as you're fine with not getting SA all the time.

You can snipe the old man in a Vintage Year from either side of the rear of the house. If you immediately sprint around the right side of the compound upon starting the level you can just barely unpack the rifle and nail him before he goes back in off the balcony. You can snipe the son from a balcony on the side of the home just as he exits the wine cellar.

In the Opera house you can snipe both targets from scaffolding.

In the psych ward level there's not much sense to using it, save for one of the targets who wanders outside in the pool area.

In a new life you can snipe the mobster by dialing his phone, or you can get an angle from the alleyway next to the vet's house where you can snipe him as he sits watching tv. You can snipe the wife from the treehouse if you want to kill her to get the film, or you can snipe the glass roof out while she's swimming to get an accident death.

In the Mardi Gras level you can snipe all 3 targets (as well as the deliveryman if you want).

Not much sense to use in the riverboat level.

In the wedding level you can snipe both targets. I like to do so from atop the atrium.

In the hugh heffner level I'm not sure if there's an angle anywhere where you can snipe the old man while he's on the balcony. You can however snipe the young target from above, or snipe the bottom of the hot tub from below to kill him.

In the Hotel level you can snipe all 3 targets.

In the heaven/hell level it makes little sense to use the rifle.

In the white house level you can snipe the VP from the roof while he walks his dog, and you SHOULD snipe Parchezzi in the rooftop battle (or leave a mine where he will run to) to avoid getting shot easily.

Miffroon
May 7, 2006
Owe's mansex to Hotwire
I have to post this now, let me tell you if IO hadn't gotten my money earlier from the beta, this video here would have sold it to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_6qXsOrK4

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Well not only is the lighting still hosed up but the game is having really bad framerate and its bugging out so that whenever I try to drag a body I lose control of it as soon as I move. :(

Anyone have suggestions for loving around with ini files or whatever?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Anyone else having trouble with GMG codes for the full experience not actually giving you the Paris mission?

e: it apparently downloaded separately while I was playing through the tutorial and didn't register until I restarted the game.

Sighence fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 11, 2016

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Sighence posted:

Anyone else having trouble with GMG codes for the full experience not actually giving you the Paris mission?

I had this problem with Steam, you might have to force it to download again somehow

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

quote:

With the Intro Pack, you get the Prologue and Paris episode. You’ll get full access to Contracts Mode, Escalation Mode, elusive targets and other live content.

Receive access to all future six episodes, including 5 other locations, by purchasing the HITMAN Upgrade Pack. Content received as part of the Upgrade pack will be released periodically throughout 2016, starting in April.

What the gently caress is this

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Exactly what it says.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

They're releasing a level every month or so, you can either buy the whole thing for $60 or each episode for a total of a little more than $60

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

mutata posted:

Exactly what it says.

I didn't even realize the game was supposed to be episodic

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Something I'm curious about - will you have to buy all the episodes in order, or will it be more of an a la carte model where you could buy say, level 1 and level 3 without getting 2?

I mean it won't make a difference to me since I just got the full game pack, but I'm still wondering about it.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

ZenVulgarity posted:

I didn't even realize the game was supposed to be episodic

The game may not even be very good so I don't see how getting a taste of it for $15 is a bad thing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

In completely unrelated news with an i5 6600k, 16gb of ram, and a 660 gtx I still can't get playable frames in Absolution on low

Hitman Absolution, the most beautiful looking game of all time

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

voltcatfish posted:

Hitman Absolution, the most beautiful looking game of all time

Its far from a perfect game, but it does look drat good.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

The game may not even be very good so I don't see how getting a taste of it for $15 is a bad thing.

I'll watch some rear end in a top hat stream it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Did I just hit a bug? I'm doing the male model route and at the 'walk the catwalk' stage but I keep going through the catwalk and nothing's triggering. The guy at the stage said I was just in time and the target was doing his speech. I waited for him to finish, walked the catwalk, came back, and still have the objective.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Are there any Hitman games where the ICA isn't being manipulated by the people that hire 47 and send him on missions?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Did I just hit a bug? I'm doing the male model route and at the 'walk the catwalk' stage but I keep going through the catwalk and nothing's triggering. The guy at the stage said I was just in time and the target was doing his speech. I waited for him to finish, walked the catwalk, came back, and still have the objective.

You may have taken too long, in that you need to do it before the speech, or it may be tied to a different objective. I don't know- a lot of playerbase knowledge about the opportunities is still firming up, and the playerbase is small enough that the body of knowledge has a lot of gaps.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Discendo Vox posted:

Are there any Hitman games where the ICA isn't being manipulated by the people that hire 47 and send him on missions?

You may have taken too long, in that you need to do it before the speech, or it may be tied to a different objective. I don't know- a lot of playerbase knowledge about the opportunities is still firming up, and the playerbase is small enough that the body of knowledge has a lot of gaps.

Ah, well that's neat, glad that kinda stuff is back in, I don't remember it coming up much in the last game.They could be a bit clearer in the objective stuff if that's the case though, I seem to remember I got a 'path failed' or something last time I was just loving around and killed the model too early to get his info or whatever.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Seems hitmanny

Is it bad and easy like Absolution

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Miffroon posted:

I have to post this now, let me tell you if IO hadn't gotten my money earlier from the beta, this video here would have sold it to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh_6qXsOrK4

Chuckle Brothers telling Agent 47 to kill people.

This truly has turned the world upside down.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

I had this problem with Steam, you might have to force it to download again somehow

How do I do this? Am I going to have to do the training missions over again?

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Boosted_C5 posted:

How do I do this? Am I going to have to do the training missions over again?

NEVERMIND.

For anyone else with the same problem, just exit the game and restart Steam, and it will download the Paris mission.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Seems hitmanny

Is it bad and easy like Absolution

The beta missions were alright, tutorially but promising and open. Paris so far (I've yet to get much of anywhere) feels like a forgotten BM mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Steam seems to be filled with rage on always online drm and locked graphic options. Anyone else having issues?