Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Ffuuuuuuuuuuuu

When I started playing the game I thought “Himmelstein” was its own distinct level. Then it ended after Sgail. GIVE ME MORE HITMAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
In Colorado now and I've spent a very frustrating 45 minutes trying to disrupt Ezra Berg's interrogation and make him look at the clock I've moved the hands on to trigger his OCD, I've tried everything. Overdosing the herald means he just wakes him up, knocking out the apprentice means he just does drug poo poo himself. Getting really frustrated so I checked my intel one more time.

Sean Rose has OCD, not Ezra Berg

I am really loving dumb.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Can we please keep the forum down to a single hitman megathread? Or make this the legacy hitman thread?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The new one should really be 'THAT... is the Hitman Megathread Mk2 (it also has the signature Mark 2 look)'

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Oops, I didn't know we had a new thread, I only really look at threads in my favourites. Will post in there from now on.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Stupid question: I bought Hitman 2016 when it was available to purchase with all the episodes, so when I installed Hitman 2, it gave me all the Season 1 levels to play. However, it looks like I didn't get the Patient Zero DLC with Hitman Season 1. (I thought it was the 'Bonus Episode' listed under the DLC for Hitman 2016, but apparently not)

Do I just need to buy the Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade to get access to it, or can I get it with the expansion pass?

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
The Hitman 2 Expansion pass is only for new content: The Bank, The Island, the four remixes, and the two sniper maps. You'll need that H1 GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade for the Patient Zero stuff.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I know this doesn't have anything to do with the game itself, but I just watched through this (hopefully still ongoing) adaptation of Hitman: The Hitting, and it has to be shared.

Wizard of the Deep posted:

The Hitman 2 Expansion pass is only for new content: The Bank, The Island, the four remixes, and the two sniper maps. You'll need that H1 GOTY Legacy Pack Upgrade for the Patient Zero stuff.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the info. It's just a little confusing how they have it set up.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Oct 4, 2019

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Yea, IOI has pretty consistently shot themselves in the foot regarding actually purchasing the game. Hitman 2016 suffered hard for being episodic, but honestly, it really, really worked for the style of gameplay. With 2, they've got a confusing mishmash of different purchase options, along with a byzantine unlock process for the upgraded 2016 missions.

2016 was punished in the marketplace for the episodic nature, but I hope they return/keep at it for Hitman 3. If they have the staff for it, having a steady stream of both the current release and also releasing a trickle of stuff for other maps would keep Hitman on the game news sites for an entire year.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It would fit a games-as-service streaming platform quite well, all they have to do is accept a fraction of the profit they would have made in a more traditional setup.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I just bought Hitman 2. Just to be sure I'm getting this right, the only thing I need to play the Hitman 2016 content is the GOTY Legacy pack, right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think you also have to buy the patient zero thing.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Is it even possible to carry over your progress from Hitman 1 if you didn't play Hitman 2? Both Hitman and Hitman 3 show as my registered products in IOI account, yet in the game I see no stats from Hitman nor my Hitman weapons arsenal, I assume there should be suits or something too? Anything I should try or is it just impossible?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no, hitman 1 wasnt able to export progress, only hitman 2 progress on hitman 1 levels is transferable

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Super No Vacancy posted:

no, hitman 1 wasnt able to export progress, only hitman 2 progress on hitman 1 levels is transferable

Oh cool I wasnt looking forward to doing Bangkok pro SASO a third time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Current thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876554