Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Jerusalem posted:

Haha yeah, I'd heard her end of things from doing that double-kill challenge but never Viktor before. Their sheer hatred for each other is so great.

Try being near one of them when the other is found dead somewhere far away in the map. They have a phone call that complicates things with them reacting to news of their partner's death.

Their full set of dialogue in the saferoom if you call in an evacuation is also great.

Victor also has special lines if you try to pass yourself off as his bodyguard.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Boiled Water posted:

Why are you all carrying leaking gas canisters?
I have my reasons. :v:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

It's nice to finally be done with ET suit unlocks so you can go hogwild and snipe a target like this without FOMO

The x3 zoom silenced rifle was perfect

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Finished the ET, did what everyone else did except my first attempt I used emetic poison instead of lethal since I thought it would be funny for this guy to spend his last moments alive making GBS threads his pants in front of everybody. Unfortunately he wandered across half the map before throwing up in a garbage can located in a well-populated hallway.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Hobo Clown posted:

Finished the ET, did what everyone else did except my first attempt I used emetic poison instead of lethal since I thought it would be funny for this guy to spend his last moments alive making GBS threads his pants in front of everybody. Unfortunately he wandered across half the map before throwing up in a garbage can located in a well-populated hallway.

Same, I really wanted to drown that jerk. I half-expected him to go barf in the Seine so I could shove him in instead.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I'm a bit confused as to the utility of the laptop playing music- I could shoot it to get an attendant to notice it and turn it on, but it had no clear other effects.

Other interesting ways of getting into the party, like model outfits, didn't really offer opportunities either. And the target doesn't change his route for anyth-

poo poo.

Does anyone still have the ET available? could they see what happens for the gazebo meeting event in the main mission?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I could check it out. Where is he exactly- I got into the party but didn't see him

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

He usually stands in the middle of the gazebo. Has a bird on his jacket and shiny gold pants.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

is the Paris episode still free? I have alternate steam accounts left over from my TF2-Hat-Trading days I could spin up.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Does anyone still have the ET available? could they see what happens for the gazebo meeting event in the main mission?

I already completed it, but this was my first thought and they're not there to trigger this opportunity.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Clown suit has full access once inside the party but the guards won't let you in and it's not allowed on the 'security access' grounds. You have to sneak to the party, pick a lock but once you're in, nobody recognizes you. Not even the guards that wouldn't let you in at the gates.

I used a rubber ducky for my poison distraction.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Carbon Thief posted:

Same, I really wanted to drown that jerk. I half-expected him to go barf in the Seine so I could shove him in instead.

Yeah I was hoping to drown him too, had the same issue of watching him puke into a trashcan instead and just reloading with lethal poison instead.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Like, with a bunch of these almost earliest ETs, the devs got super clever with intended SA methods, but because they're ETs, people just didn't figure them out. It's quite frustrating.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Like, with a bunch of these almost earliest ETs, the devs got super clever with intended SA methods, but because they're ETs, people just didn't figure them out. It's quite frustrating.

have you found any of those intended methods? i would like to get a bit more creative with future ETs, and especially i'd like to SASO at least one which i don't think i have done yet!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

how long is the SA available for? I won't be able to reinstall/play until next weekend

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

where the red fern gropes posted:

have you found any of those intended methods? i would like to get a bit more creative with future ETs, and especially i'd like to SASO at least one which i don't think i have done yet!

The Paris art guy one, just start at the IAGO meeting, sneak into the attic and wait until he and his bodyguard show up. Knock out bodyguard, kill dude, leave.

Aug 24, 2011

shut up blegum posted:

The Paris art guy one, just start at the IAGO meeting, sneak into the attic and wait until he and his bodyguard show up. Knock out bodyguard, kill dude, leave.

oh, i just pushed him over the railing when he leaned over

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The thing is, by attaching rewards to the ETs, it makes me not want to muck about trying to figure them out. Instead I just use a guide. As soon as as I get the 5 silent assassin reward, then I'll feel a lot more free to look around.

Aug 24, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

The thing is, by attaching rewards to the ETs, it makes me not want to muck about trying to figure them out. Instead I just use a guide. As soon as as I get the 5 silent assassin reward, then I'll feel a lot more free to look around.

thats lame though, going in blind is perfectly safe and is actually fun instead of just doing things by rote

there's like 26? elusive targets, im sure you can fuddle your way to silent assassining at least five of those

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I know it's lame, that's my complaint. I assume they get more complicated and more of a hassle to SA later on as well so I figure I may as well do it on these early ones. I hosed up the priest one somehow despite it seeming like an SA as I was doing it so I'm not taking any chances.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Idk, the fireworks thing for Sensation wasn't widely known until just before it closed, but there are several other dynamics in that garden party that don't have known purposes. I remember the dictator and his wife had something about the guy that both of them meet with, but I forget the details.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I think the super secret intended kill for The Bookkeeper is to ignore Diana and make him flee, as he's trivially easy to kill with an accident explosion when he breaks off from his guards to head for his car. The car's location isn't random and is fairly obvious, and Diana gives you multiple warnings before you actually fail.

EDIT: Also panicking the compound with an explosion delays Sean Rose's return to his room, giving you an opportunity to get the ledger safely.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 17, 2018

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Jerusalem posted:

It is kind of a shame that Silent Assassin is so important for the Elusive Targets, since a guy like The Sensation I almost felt needed to be killed in as public a manner as possible to prevent his presence at the show being covered up. Also why it would be great to have the post-assassination newspapers return.

On the plus side, I actually got to hear what Novikov says when the fireworks go off early for the first time. He's so pissed :xd:

Yea, they really should do a social-media type of thing in the same vein as Blood Money's newspaper. So if you get SA you'd just see a bunch of posts about how so-and-so was accidentally killed by bad fugu or has disappeared entirely, and then give bystander stuff like "this guy came through and shot 6 guards dead in less than a minute, all I saw was a suit and a bunch of dead people".

I get that the game wants SA runs to be the bonafide successes, but I just wish you'd get some feedback or acknowledgement when you do take a more lethal approach. I would play through rather than restart levels if I get spotted if I there anything at the end to keep my interest, but the way it is now you basically fail if you don't get a SA.

Just be like "Well you killed some extra people this time but it was pretty crazy when you killed 5 guards and nobody found their bodies until you were gone."

Also you guys ever wonder how much money 47 is worth? He seems certain to be a millionaire at this point but I'm always kind of curious how many times over. Is he worth like 6 or 7 million or is it in the 20-30 million range by now? Who handles his money for him? I bet it's Deutsche Bank they love dirty money.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 17, 2018

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
His standard contract fee in Silent Assassin was only a couple hundred thousand dollars, but given inflation and his reputation by '16 (which actually takes place in 2019) I can't imagine it isn't over a million per hit.

He must have a pretty high net worth as it doesn't seem like he's the spending type and his expenses on business are covered by the ICA.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Yeah, but what about all those random hits where some weirdo hires him to kill a random bathroom attendant, but only after stealing the clothes of an unrelated musician's groupie and only via coconut?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wolfsheim posted:

Yeah, but what about all those random hits where some weirdo hires him to kill a random bathroom attendant, but only after stealing the clothes of an unrelated musician's groupie and only via coconut?

He does pro bono work during the off season. 47 likes giving back.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
All that money probably goes into developing his hundreds of obscure skills that may or may not come in necessary. You know, cooking, drumming, yoga, Doki Doki Pow Pow, that sort of thing.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I now yearn for a slice of life Hitman game where it’s just agent 47 dealing with exceedingly human issues like picking a brand of shampoo - err, maybe bad choice. We’ll say deodorant.

Aug 24, 2011

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I now yearn for a slice of life Hitman game where it’s just agent 47 dealing with exceedingly human issues like picking a brand of shampoo - err, maybe bad choice. We’ll say deodorant.

only if its interspersed with extremely brutal assassinations

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

only if its interspersed with extremely brutal assassinations

And a new emetic poison for 2018 - tide pods.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

One Punch Man except instead of beating monsters with a single punch, he just gets irritably drawn into assassinations when he just wants to get to the market on time to get cheap meat.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

And a new emetic poison for 2018 - tide pods.

Jordan Cross totally eats those

Aug 24, 2011

i did SASO on the first Patient Zero mission by stealing a propane tank from the birthday party room, shooting it, throwing it next to the male target and then throwing The Big One at it

no suspicion, also got an achievement thing for blowing him up in the main room

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
When does the current et expire?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

~3 days I think?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

91.5 hours from this post

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Discendo Vox posted:

They removed the NPC who meets with Novikov

Is there anything you can do other than the poison? It seems like you can't get him anywhere people can't see him

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

They removed the NPC who meets with Novikov

Is there anything you can do other than the poison? It seems like you can't get him anywhere people can't see him

You can explode him with the lamps or whatever those things are.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Man, I wish I had read this thread before killing The Sensation. I didn't see any good opportunity to poison him so I just sniped him from the second floor.

Anyone have an issue where there was no music coming from the speakers? Sometimes he'll tell someone to turn off the music because he had a call, and a waiter would interact with the laptop, but there was no music to begin with, so...

I wanted to mess with the laptop to see if that was an opportunity as well, but it always seemed like I would get caught doing it.

Sininu posted:

Patio gas heaters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sininu posted:

Note that this will almost certainly kill any other poor bastards in the gazebo.