Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Discendo Vox posted:

I really want to unlock the ninja and scarecrow outfits as illegal everywhere costumes. Motorcyclist would be cool too, I guess.

I want the katana unlocked everywhere too. It's a pretty damned competent weapon, even when they're shooting at you.

and I want a season 2 announcement dammit, IO. I've been playing Hitman games since the first C47 demo came out and 47 was a sarcastic dickhead rather than an unemotional, cold bastard. Don't leave me hanging!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I may be awesome at this game.

EDIT: It's been a while. New ones from me, two gimmicks and one just freeform.

I Got Your Invitation Right Here! (Paris): 1-02-0728074

In Fact, I'm Not Happy to See You at All (Paris): 1-02-5522157-02

A Crime Most Vowel (Sapienza): 1-03-5736749-02

Nakar fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 6, 2017

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I was right. Katana is the new unlock.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

qbert posted:

I was right. Katana is the new unlock.

its a sweet weapon

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
New challenge pack is fun, but pretty easy and quick. I did it in two seperate contracts, and now the Masamune is ready to be taken with 47 to season 2!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Yeah the challenge was pretty easily, particularly if you don't care about SA. Glad to have the katana though.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The challenges are also worth a ton of Mastery, as with previous challenge packs, so if you still aren't maxed out in Hokkaido this is a good opportunity.

Here's a custom contract for PC that should make it piss-easy to do in a single run, just follow instructions* and don't change out of the Motorcyclist disguise once you're wearing it (SA doesn't matter but this is easy to SA):

The Art of Revenge All-In-One (PC): 1-10-8263501-02

* ADVANCED INSTRUCTIONS: Start Ninja, grab Katana. Run down the helipad way and KO either the sleeping guard or the guard that patrols further on with the crowbar in the room, take their disguise. Run to the kitchen (watch the enforcer), take the Kitchen Knife. Go through the morgue, delete the evidence and turn on the sink near the Motorcyclist disguise then change into the disguise. Lethal Syringe the assistant when he goes to investigate the sink, throw Kitchen Knife at curator. Go into the incinerator room, open the door to the other guys' room, throw an object in the corner wall near the incinerators, hide in the room with the pickup. Melee the guy who comes to investigate, then throw at the guy who is still in the room; LEAVE THE KATANA. Go back down to the staff area, sneak into the shower, Emetic Syringe the guy. Once sick he won't enforce Motorcyclist anymore as long as you don't have the Katana. Drown him. Exit via helicopter.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nakar posted:

LEAVE THE KATANA. Go back down to the staff area, sneak into the shower, Emetic Syringe the guy. Once sick he won't enforce Motorcyclist anymore as long as you don't have the Katana. Drown him. Exit via helicopter.

I think you need to leave everything or at least not show it, my shower guy just got scared after the emetic and ran away :downs:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I think you need to leave everything or at least not show it, my shower guy just got scared after the emetic and ran away :downs:
You may have bumped him and gotten spotted. As long as you aren't armed he shouldn't be an enforcer once he's actually sick, unless you're brandishing a weapon. You can also just stick him and hide, or lure him to the toilet with the phone (you can store it in that very bathroom).

EDIT: I know, it's a Colorado contract, but I think this one came out pretty great:

The Galveston Shuffle (Colorado): 1-09-3429182-02

Nakar fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 13, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I tried to emetic the shower guy at least half a dozen times, and every single time, he would get sick, hear the syringe drop, and spin around to immediately spot me. Leaving the phone on the rim of the toilet was a much easier strategy.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Almost completed every challenge on Normal and Pro a second time through on an alt account.

The only challenges I have left are SA/SO Pro for Bangkok and Colorado, and the Haystack kill for the Sarajevo Six target on Colorado.

There's a reason I saved these until the end. Ugh.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

This game is art, you guys.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

qbert posted:

Almost completed every challenge on Normal and Pro a second time through on an alt account.

The only challenges I have left are SA/SO Pro for Bangkok and Colorado, and the Haystack kill for the Sarajevo Six target on Colorado.

There's a reason I saved these until the end. Ugh.

check my thread history for easy mode on those two

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

where the red fern gropes posted:

check my thread history for easy mode on those two

Thanks, I'll give your Bangkok method a try later. Seems a lot easier than how I did it the first time.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Diana: "47, you failed to eliminate the targets. The client is not happy."

quote:

A couple transporting a barbecue grill were injured Sunday after their rental sport utility vehicle exploded, Orlando police said.

The couple, Pierre Dadaille and Meguydeline Dessource, had the grill in the back of their red Kia Sorento, Orlando Police Lt. Cindy Lane said.

The grill was turned on and the propane tank was open and connected, Lane said.

Police said the wife started to light a cigarette and the SUV exploded.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-car-explosion-grill-cigarette-20170813-story.html

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Should have pushed them down a three-step staircase instead.

Aug 24, 2011

1-08-2779000-95

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

:yeah:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Gat On A Hot Tin Roof (Colorado): 1-09-3592546-02

Been on a Colorado roll for a bit here.

EDIT: And anotha' one.

Revenge of the Nerds (Sapienza): 1-03-2622086-02

Nakar fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 18, 2017

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I installed this few weeks ago and was sure my computer wouldn't run it smoothly at decent settings, but to my surprise I could set everything as high as my 3GB of VRAM allows and it maintained mostly stable 60 FPS with GPU usage ranging from 50-100%. That was in tutorial levels, Paris and Sapienza.

Then I played the Icon and the performance went to poo poo, initially I thought it was due to nighttime and lot of fire particles, but after slogging through that and continuing with next levels Marrakesh and Bangkok I still got that terrible performance. Even going back to Paris and tutorial levels I get that low frame rate with 95-100% of GPU usage at all times, even if I stared at nothing.

Today I tried messing with settings in a last ditch effort before uninstalling and discovered that the built-in benchmark featuring Paris level still runs perfectly fine with same settings and normal GPU usage. What the?

Help please

Edit: It's the goddamn online mode that's destroying my performance. I faintly recalled people complaining about it when the game came out and decided to try it out. Performance is good again in offline mode. Ugh
So they never fixed the online only issues...

Edit2:
Offline vs Online

Exact same location, time and settings.

Sininu fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 24, 2017

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

There's basically no point in playing offline mode. None of your progression saves, I think you don't get gear unlocks, etc.

Online is the actual game and offline is basically a demo.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

qbert posted:

There's basically no point in playing offline mode. None of your progression saves, I think you don't get gear unlocks, etc.

Online is the actual game and offline is basically a demo.
I know. That's why I'm considering uninstalling it if someone doesn't tell me it's fixable.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Sininu posted:

I know. That's why I'm considering uninstalling it if someone doesn't tell me it's fixable.

I see you've posted about this elsewhere, too. It's not a remotely commonly reported problem (early complaints to this effect appear to have been motivated reasoning more than anything else). Given the onset point and retroactive performance hit, the most likely culprit is one of a handful of possible software conflicts. I'll poke at it more when not phoneposting, but try a different d3d setting and make sure your firewall/security software isn't trying to block the game phoning home in the background.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
My contract got featured. Now no one has any excuse. Also these curated Featureds are 1000% better than the usual IOI picks.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Nakar posted:

My contract got featured. Now no one has any excuse. Also these curated Featureds are 1000% better than the usual IOI picks.

Which one is yours?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

shut up blegum posted:

Which one is yours?
Under The Hash Streetlights.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
September content schedule is out, though it's not terribly different from last month:

Munga's a pretty amusing Hitman streamer and not a hardcore speedrunner so he'll probably pick some goofy and entertaining stuff. Challenge pack will obviously be in Sapienza where the plumbers are, though whether it's WoT or Landslide or whether that even matters due to custom contracts remains to be seen. As for the unlockable, I wouldn't hold out hope for anything great but if it was a wrench I think that'd be more exciting than any unlockable thus far.

In other news, things do not have to be visible or even rendered to be shootable.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Maybe this is a stupid question but does the sant claus outfit not count as a suit for the suit only challenges?

Lollerich fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 4, 2017

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Lollerich posted:

Maybe this is stupid question but does the sant claus outfit not count as a suit for the suit only challenges?

Yup. Anything you can pick from your outfit menu and that isn't imposed by picking a starting location counts as a suit.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Tippis posted:

Yup. Anything you can pick from your outfit menu and that isn't imposed by picking a starting location counts as a suit.
I've gotten SASO a couple times in the Santa Suit. It makes you feel jolly :buddy:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

SubponticatePoster posted:

I've gotten SASO a couple times in the Santa Suit. It makes you feel jolly :buddy:

We've got a funny guy here.

ho.ho.ho.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Tippis posted:

This used to not be true so sometimes in very old contracts you'll see things like "47's Signature Suit" or "Tuxedo." I'm not sure if those are more specific and anal about exactly which suit you can use. If it says "Suit" then any non-undercover starting outfit you pick counts. The exception is the Auction start in Paris: You're forced to start in a Tuxedo for that one and it's considered "undercover," but the Tuxedo is a Suit and counts as such.

Aug 24, 2011

Nakar posted:

This used to not be true so sometimes in very old contracts you'll see things like "47's Signature Suit" or "Tuxedo." I'm not sure if those are more specific and anal about exactly which suit you can use. If it says "Suit" then any non-undercover starting outfit you pick counts. The exception is the Auction start in Paris: You're forced to start in a Tuxedo for that one and it's considered "undercover," but the Tuxedo is a Suit and counts as such.

i always thought kotti paradigm specifically chose signature suit so you couldn't start at the auction

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

where the red fern gropes posted:

i always thought kotti paradigm specifically chose signature suit so you couldn't start at the auction
I don't see how that'd be useful anyway since you have to get kills with a Battle Axe and the only Battle Axes in Paris are on the ground floor.

Aug 24, 2011

Nakar posted:

I don't see how that'd be useful anyway since you have to get kills with a Battle Axe and the only Battle Axes in Paris are on the ground floor.

faster set-up for Hailey to get her moving to the dock

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Master Plumber challenge pack is out, and unlocking it gives like +23000 Sapienza Mastery and the almighty Claw Hammer.

Which is just a reskinned Hammer.

Thus making it the best challenge pack unlock by a mile.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I was hoping for more mario references.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It's Shockingly Crowded In Here... (Bangkok): 1-08-2700067-02

Doing Our Own Stunts (The Icon): 1-05-6128408-02

Kitchen Nightmares (Paris): 1-02-6477129-02

Good luck!

Nakar fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 9, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj0opkBHyOE I can't believe this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

That is impressive and cool and amazing and dumb and amazing.

I'd rank this just a hair below blowing up Silvio Caruso with a gunpowder charge set off by the embers of cigarette.