Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Dabir posted:

Doesn't throwing a can create a tiny puddle? Can you use that with the big one to create a portable electrocution?

I was hoping for something like that, but I think I have to get more creative. Does the moose count as anything other than accident?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Can you get any of the guards to touch the electrified embassy railing by placing a Blownapart on top of it, or does that not count as touching it somehow?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Why do you guys hate other players?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

qbert posted:

Easy ET SA for The Guru. Start in the kitchen with a lethal vial and coins, exit the mansion through the front gates (take out the camera outside the kitchen), threw a coin near the target to get him to stand up and poisoned his drink.

In and out in under 5 minutes. Would've been even quicker if they didn't make you take the docks exit.

drat, wish I'd thought of that, I ended up screwing up at the last second and only getting the kill completed but no SA.

I dropped the chandelier on his head in the lawyer's office, but when I left I was gonna shimmy down the pipe except the trust fund kid was in the office and somebody in there started to notice in me (another bodyguard?). So I went down to the ground floor but forgot the bodyguard down there, and rather than do the smart thing and coin him away, I tried to go through the cafe and got spotted JUST as I stepped past the counter. They didn't suspect me, but they'd noticed me. Bugger.

Oh well, at least I already got the 13 SAs done before this.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

qbert posted:

Nah, they skipped like 9 ETs between the last guy and The Guru. Presumably they'll activate those sometime in the future and it should be new content to you.

Ah right, I just checked my ET list and I've still got Pharmacist -> Ex dictator still as Missed. (and also the gunrunner, somehow managed to forget to do that one, whoops!) Guess they wanted a Sapienza ET to go with their free map promotion.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

shut up blegum posted:

Why do you guys hate other players?

After 47 but lit, no exit and the Hokkaido head wrapping one, I just really want a horrible goon contract for each level.

...maybe drowning strandberg as the prisoner is enough, but I really think it’s missing that extra twist of the knife. Is there some way to make the player also have to escape as the prisoner?

Ideally I’d like:
Electrocute Zaydan
Drown Strandberg as prisoner
Hide all bodies
One costume change permitted
Chosen escape: market entrance

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 24, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

After 47 but lit, no exit and the Hokkaido head wrapping one, I just really want a horrible goon contract for each level.

...maybe drowning strandberg as the prisoner is enough, but I really think it’s missing that extra twist of the knife. Is there some way to make the player also have to escape as the prisoner?

Ideally I’d like:
Electrocute Zaydan
Drown Strandberg as prisoner
Hide all bodies
One costume change permitted
Chosen escape: market entrance

...do all bodies count as hidden if you've murdered everybody on the map? :shobon:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

qbert posted:

Easy ET SA for The Guru. Start in the kitchen with a lethal vial and coins, exit the mansion through the front gates (take out the camera outside the kitchen), threw a coin near the target to get him to stand up and poisoned his drink.

In and out in under 5 minutes. Would've been even quicker if they didn't make you take the docks exit.

my way was to start in the tower, run down and knock out the bodyguard on the way to the bohemian + take disguise, knock out the two guards in the winch room, knock out the lawyer and hide the body (make sure his woman assistant is not in the room), wait for mcgee to enter the lawyer's room alone (he will path back in there after talking to the affluenza kid) then pistol eliminate him and hide his body, then leave via docks. your method is way easier though

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Nakar, or anyone else: there is a trending Hokkaido contract to kill Agent Smith in the freezer, and hide all the bodies. How do you do that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_SJY2yL-_o

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Almost 3 minutes later...

:allears:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

what the gently caress

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Jerusalem posted:

drat, wish I'd thought of that, I ended up screwing up at the last second and only getting the kill completed but no SA.

I dropped the chandelier on his head in the lawyer's office, but when I left I was gonna shimmy down the pipe except the trust fund kid was in the office and somebody in there started to notice in me (another bodyguard?). So I went down to the ground floor but forgot the bodyguard down there, and rather than do the smart thing and coin him away, I tried to go through the cafe and got spotted JUST as I stepped past the counter. They didn't suspect me, but they'd noticed me. Bugger.

Oh well, at least I already got the 13 SAs done before this.

Yeah, this is exactly what happened to me. Getting caught trespassing is enough to invalidate the SA, apparently? Damnit.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
Yeah, this one was almost too easy to SA.

Started at the clocktower with a concealable baton, knocked out the guard on the balcony and then the two in the security room when they were looking out opposite windows, deleted the footage, choked out the lawyer in the room and hid his body, then chandoliered the guru.

This ended up being my 10th successful ET so I got the blood money suit, which seems to be nearly indistinguishable from the terminus suit with a different tie :toot:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The Guru might've been the easiest SA/SO I've ever gotten.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

horse mans posted:

Yeah, this is exactly what happened to me. Getting caught trespassing is enough to invalidate the SA, apparently? Damnit.

I guess the mindset is that somebody being spotted trespassing in an area where a death (even an accidental one) occurred might be enough to warrant at least a couple of extra questions even if no foul-play is suspected. Whereas if nobody saw or heard anything out of the usual, no further questions ever get asked.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 26, 2018

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

ugh the kerner disquiet is literally the worst, i just failed by like 10 seconds and i can't really make it go faster

attic-KO guard-steal disarm device-fire extinguisher chef-grab shotgun from security room-grab silenced rifle from stairwell-shoot the guard as he drops off the body-grab chef outfit from body-shoot last target-run

e: oh there's a disarm device in the security station,im incredibly dumb

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 25, 2018

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

gdi another silent assassin failed from something stupid. Disguised as security, got him with a lethal syringe when nobody was looking and climbed out of the window in the little linking bridge, figured I'd climb up to the hippie's apartment and get into the stairwell that way, going around the guards who could have recognised me, but the hippie saw me and ran to tell everyone and I had to kill two innocents just to leave.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pfft that the mission intro has the trust fund's amount ticking down by $10,000 every second.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Dabir posted:

gdi another silent assassin failed from something stupid. Disguised as security, got him with a lethal syringe when nobody was looking and climbed out of the window in the little linking bridge, figured I'd climb up to the hippie's apartment and get into the stairwell that way, going around the guards who could have recognised me, but the hippie saw me and ran to tell everyone and I had to kill two innocents just to leave.

I had something similar happen in my attempt. Although I went for the chandelier kill and tried to find another way when the guards started filling the stairwell. Like you I hoped to sneak through the hippies place, but he was standing right there when I opened the door. Didn't have to kill anyone though.

Did have a funny bit though when I knocked out a guard by a window with a chucked crowbar and a few seconds later there was a big commotion in the streets. Turned out when he went down his gun went flying out the window.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 26, 2018

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Jerusalem posted:

I guess the mindset is that somebody being spotted trespassing in an area where a death (even an accidental one) occurred might be enough to warrant at least a couple of extra questions even if no foul-play is suspected. Whereas if nobody saw or heard anything out of the usual, no further questions ever get asked.

I've always found it funny that 47 leaving a bunch of naked people stuffed into various closets still results in "nothing suspicious, this guy obviously died in a freak accident." I get why that is, and I'm glad that they separated SA and SASO, but I like picturing the crime scene hours later when these people start to wake up.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Are there any missions you can do SASO no pacifications?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

how do you feel about fire extinguishers?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Second only to poison syringes

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

StashAugustine posted:

You can do it on Showstopper. Start in the auction, and eventually Dalia will see you at the auction, talk to you and then go into her bathroom by herself to talk on a phone. You can easily kill her here, especially if you hide in the closet. Novikov can be killed by sabotaging the powerstrip outside near the bar. Neither of these require a disguise or for you to pacify anyone.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sapienza as well, but a little more involved. Sneak through the kitchen and into Caruso's lab, use the vcr opportunity to get him, vomit-syringe the guard overlooking That One Ledge or lure him away by dropping a spare weapon, silverball the virus and shoot a stalactite when Francesca comes looking.

Morocco? Food-poisoning for the general, or the two gossiping guards opportunity. Stranberg though ... I guess the electrocution opportunity? Dodging the guards would be annoying.

double nine fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 26, 2018

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I'm clearing out challenges on Sapienza and the plumber drowning stuff is a little weird. Is there a way to drown someone other than toilets (so either coins or emetics) or throwing them into a body of water?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
You can do every single mission SA/SO with no pacifications and you don't need explosion accidents, really (they can make it easier though).
  • Showstopper: You can easily push Dalia onto Viktor. Wait for the guard(s) to leave the tech crew guy by the firework remote and distract him for a second while you grab it and you're golden.
  • World of Tomorrow: Virus Prototype for De Santis, drop something on Caruso or use the observatory kill.
  • A Gilded Cage: Poison Zaydan's food, electrocute Strandberg. May have to distract a guard or two with gun retrievals.
  • Club 27: Poison Morgan, kill Cross in the recording studio through whatever means. Does require not KOing an inconvenient band crew guy but it can be done.
  • Freedom Fighters: It's pretty easy to get the targets alone or kill them through shenanigans, it's just hard to maneuver around the map is all. They isolate themselves quite readily. There's even an extra poison syringe and poison pills all over the map.
  • Situs Inversus: Sauna kill Yamazaki, sneak into the morgue and kill Soders with the stem cells.
  • The Icon: Trigger the Q&A, distract Bosco's agent, and kill him in the tower. Or kill him in his trailer, though this is tricky (but not impossible) without knockouts.
  • Landslide: There's a technique where you set off an explosion right at the start of the map and get Abiatti to run into the morgue, then distract him with a sink while all his bodyguards leave. It's a little tricky and somewhat RNG (sometimes a guard will notice instead), but it works to kill Abiatti quite easily and no one has to be knocked out to do it.
  • A House Built on Sand: Drop the sign on Mendola or poison the figs (it's tricky but you CAN get away with it SO), strangle/shoot Kong in the bathroom.
  • The Source: Sabotage the fire retardant gel with the vodka and just strangle Yulduz when she's isolated right before the ceremony.
  • The Author: Akram can easily be distracted into his bathroom and killed safely. Black can be killed on his way to the meeting spot after ringing the bell.
  • The Vector: You really have no choice but to do this SO with no pacifications, so all you need to do is get SA.
  • Patient Zero: Incinerate Cage and Lieblied using the incineration protocol, which is tricky and will require multiple distractions and keeping the nurse from meeting Cage but it is possible. There are also some goofy panic tricks that allow for a much faster kill of both. Alternatively, allow as many people as you want to get infected and kill them for free. :getin:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

StashAugustine posted:

I'm clearing out challenges on Sapienza and the plumber drowning stuff is a little weird. Is there a way to drown someone other than toilets (so either coins or emetics) or throwing them into a body of water?

Think it's just toilets, challenges like those are meant to be done on player-made contracts. Just stick the challenge name into the Contracts search and you'll always get a bunch of 'em.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Kanfy posted:

Think it's just toilets, challenges like those are meant to be done on player-made contracts.
I think in some instances they can only be done on contracts because you have to kill more people than there are regular targets.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hobo Clown posted:

I've always found it funny that 47 leaving a bunch of naked people stuffed into various closets still results in "nothing suspicious, this guy obviously died in a freak accident." I get why that is, and I'm glad that they separated SA and SASO, but I like picturing the crime scene hours later when these people start to wake up.

Strictly speaking Diana calls them "unexplained or accidents". Even if it's clearly murder, nobody has any idea who did the murder.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Sounds right that canonically, 47 pretty much always achieves Silent Assassin on every contract.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Kanfy posted:

Think it's just toilets, challenges like those are meant to be done on player-made contracts. Just stick the challenge name into the Contracts search and you'll always get a bunch of 'em.

What I thought, it's just that I saw a bunch of contracts where it seemed really hard to actually get the drowning

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The GOTY upgrade (Intro Pack) is on sale on PSN right now and it requires you own the intro pack, how can I find out if I do? I have.. a version of the game, I have the training missions and the Paris level (and Sapienza thanks to the recent freebie thing), will buying this GOTY upgrade work for me?

E: Nevermind, turns out it's accessible through the game, got it now!

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Mar 29, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Fuuuck, I nearly got SA/SO on The Guru, but forgot to erase the security footage. :ughh:

I keep forgetting that 'no bodies found' doesn't count your target, it seems.

Method, for the record, was to start in the clock tower, sneak around the side of the room overlooking the mayor's office with the chandelier winch, take the lead pipe from the top and KO the guards there, head downstairs with the right timing and take out the bottom guard (and the chef while hiding him), then head back up, in theory delete the security camera footage, and drop the chandelier on the guru when he enters the office. Then hang around on the ledges for a bit just to be sure before running downstairs and luckily avoiding being spotted, then walk casually down to the boat.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 29, 2018

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Accidents and poison kills don't violate bodies found.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

also its a crying shame they set up these hits with a bunch of cool dialogue and stuff and the easiest way to do it is just poison him thirty seconds in

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

StashAugustine posted:

also its a crying shame they set up these hits with a bunch of cool dialogue and stuff and the easiest way to do it is just poison him thirty seconds in

This is why you recon the whole thing and look for the most hilarious SA kill, not the :airquote: most convenient :airquote:

Sadly, very few of the ETs are susceptible to being rat poisoned then drowned in a portapotty.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Also I picked the Picard emote because he looks like 47 :thejoke:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Inescapable Duck posted:

Also I picked the Picard emote because he looks like 47 :thejoke:

Good evening 47, it is Stardate 1337.5.5, and your target is a Klingon named Gowron...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Weird funny thing about the Hitman franchise is that Agent 47 isn't really necessary for it to be fun and compelling, but he works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Good evening 47, it is Stardate 1337.5.5, and your target is a Klingon named Gowron...

Holy poo poo, I just thought of 47 infiltrating a sci-fi TV series convention trying to assassinate one of the not-Star Trek actors there using silly props, like using a Klingon bat'leth. This better be in Season 2.