Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Jerusalem posted:

I hosed up the blackmailer kill like 6 times (after waiting for him to finish on the catwalk) and was only saved by quickly restarting the level. I gave up on the lethal injection and finally managed to get him to investigate the nearby flooding sink and take him out. I found this one of the more difficult ETs so far to be honest because there are just so many people around all the time coming and going.

There's a spot behind the podium near the stage where you can emetic syringe him without having to time flooding the sink just right (obviously taking out the nearby server first, but that's easy enough). Its kind of a crapshoot if you can do it without the next model leaving the stage seeing you though, but it can be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Jerusalem posted:

I hosed up the blackmailer kill like 6 times (after waiting for him to finish on the catwalk) and was only saved by quickly restarting the level. I gave up on the lethal injection and finally managed to get him to investigate the nearby flooding sink and take him out. I found this one of the more difficult ETs so far to be honest because there are just so many people around all the time coming and going.
After loving around trying to isolate this bitch I gave up and straight up shot him in his stupid loving face.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
I spent probably 40 minutes trying to coin him into the corner where you'd normally take out Sato, only to have people wandering over from halfway across the room to pick up the coins. Finally, I went wandering around, and the target walked into a blind alley where he could be easily poisoned.

Then I went on YouTube and found a guy who did it in under a minute by tossing a duck at a guard, and the target ran over from ten feet away. :tizzy:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Are there any plans for more Sniper missions? There's a few links on google talking about it, but I can't check them as they're all blocked in work.

I'd pay for more, easily. That level was a lot of fun.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

HMS Beagle posted:

I would love it if the North Atlantic "Ark" was some kind of SeaOrg Scientology setting.

Or maybe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svalbard_Global_Seed_Vault

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I have been slow going in this game due to a combination of gamer ADHD and wanting to find all the other kill possibilities in the level; Currently going through the possibilities in Bangkok (OG Campaign) at the moment.

One thing I like about the individual stories that I don't really see in gaming in general is the emphasis that the target partners are antagonistic to each other at best, and low level thinking assholes that would betray each other for a ham sandwich once they got out what they need from the other at worst. Dahlia and Viktor are probably the most functional duo so far, if only because that Dahlia did not immediately have Viktor buried in a shallow grave after learning what he did. Silvio and De Santis is pretty obvious about this too, though the later is doing the right thing on some level despite it being for her evil corporate overlords. Strandberge disgusts Zaydan to the point where he plans to have his men throw the guy off a plane once he is out of the country. And Cross will outright kill Morgan if they bump into each other (You'd think that Morgan would know enough to not stand in front of an open window).

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 27, 2018

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Drunken Baker posted:

Are there any plans for more Sniper missions? There's a few links on google talking about it, but I can't check them as they're all blocked in work.

I'd pay for more, easily. That level was a lot of fun.

Speculation going around is that there’ll be one per location in Hitman 2, so six in the base game and one for each of the two DLC locations. Nothing’s confirmed though.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I want to get some more Sniper Assassin missions, the one they gave me is a good time and oddly relaxing (unless you pop the alarms, of course)

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
If more missions means I don't have to keep playing that one a hundred times over to get all the rifle unlocks, I am sold.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Not sure what went wrong but I only 4-starred The Warlord and it claims I was spotted. I killed her unseen, destroyed the camera evidence and retrieved the USB stick before casually walking out of the hotel and exiting the level. Only thing I can assume is that when I unlocked the safe it triggered as "spotted" since the guards did say,"Hey who are you?" but then just went back to paying me no mind :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Surgeons ET has reactivated. It was the first one I actually attempted/completed when I got the game, and Jesus that was a tense experience.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcT1hvcjos8

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That flamingo dance :allears:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Will you be able to transfer your stuff to use in Hitman 2?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Will you be able to transfer your stuff to use in Hitman 2?

I get the feeling no. Maybe your suits. With the briefcase added it seems likely they'll change how items work to some degree.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
They said yes a while back, but now I'm suspecting that the answer will be no. Some stuff might transfer like the suits as prestige items, maybe (since it's trivial to implement the outfits and there'd be no way to earn or see the season one locational outfits otherwise), but I suspect progress will work differently.

For all we know, unlocks themselves may work differently. Sniper Challenge has a gun-specific progression system and so we may end up with something like "the ICA19 upgrades with unlocks into the ICA Silverballer" instead of having multiple guns that are just inferior versions of one another.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
wasnt expecting this

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/1031526513999470592

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wait if that's true, HItman 2 is gonna end up taking like 200GB isn't it lol

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

dart gun? saso gonna be too easy

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

They don't show Colorado at all ah ah.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

elf help book posted:

dont care, never gonna delete at this point lol

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Kuiperdolin posted:

They don't show Colorado at all ah ah.

1:10 isn't Colorado?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

elf help book posted:

yeah lol i dont think i have that much space on my ssd period

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Sininu posted:

1:10 isn't Colorado?

Hum could be, the grass wasn't nearly as tall in 2016 so I assumed this was the new jungle mission but the big building in the background does look like the main house.

If that's the case they really updated the map, not just ported in the new game. Cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

More toys to kill my boys

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

oh....oh gently caress yes

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Looks like you can use the briefcase as a bludgeon. :black101:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

elf help book posted:

Assassinate your ssd

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
"Remember to stay clear of mirrors."

Guess I'll have to change my Hokkaido strategies.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
but... will they expand on the world of voice actors?????

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

loving dope.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Booty Pageant posted:

but... will they expand on the world of voice actors?????
I recall reading that they've got more voice actors in, but that the ones we're all so familiar with are back as well.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I remember when S-E dropped Hitman and it was like "ah man all the cool episodic stuff will never come to fruition" well I have never been happier to be WRONG

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I remember when S-E dropped Hitman and it was like "ah man all the cool episodic stuff will never come to fruition" well I have never been happier to be WRONG

I can pretty much just play it the same but I wish it was keeping the episodic format for 2. It encouraged me to learn the maps a lot more than going through them once and moving on like I normally would have. I liked hopping in every week or two and having something new to do.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I didn't buy it until the season was already complete and I ended up mostly playing a single stage until I at least had level 20 in it. (I did rush a little ahead to be ready for elusives though)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

elf help book posted:

I didn't buy it until the season was already complete and I ended up mostly playing a single stage until I at least had level 20 in it. (I did rush a little ahead to be ready for elusives though)

Same, mostly so that I could unlock the higher tier equipment to be able to use from the get-go in the next levels but also because I knew that sticking with a level was easier in terms of remembering where everything and everyone was. Going all Groundhog Day on a level is harder when you're switching among them.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

RBA Starblade posted:

I can pretty much just play it the same but I wish it was keeping the episodic format for 2. It encouraged me to learn the maps a lot more than going through them once and moving on like I normally would have. I liked hopping in every week or two and having something new to do.

A whole bunch of people (myself included) didn't buy the game until all six episodes were out and I'm sure their numbers indicated that.

Having said that, they proved it could work and I would have bought the entire season sight unseen this time. It was mostly "Episodic Hitman? Buh?" that kept me away the first time.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm wondering if I own all 6 episodes already but bought them separately does that count as "the whole season" and eligible to carry over to Season 2's architecture? buying them individually had already kind of locked me out of a few bonuses last time.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

I'd imagine it would. There were a lot of people (myself included) who bought Season 1 piecemeal and got shafted on the Bonus Episode release dates. Their messaging around that time indicated it was some hang-up on Square Enix's part. They even use language like "as a special thank-you" in that trailer. They're not going to screw the people who paid the most total money for the first Season.

IOI are the coolest dev house when it comes to prolonging the lifespan of their levels. Also, maybe this is how they implement equipment migrating to the new game?

Matinee fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Aug 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

elf help book posted:

Glad I spent the extra money on a 500gb nvme ssd than a 250gb version