Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
This has probably been talked about before, but how do you get to the very top of the Paris fashion building apart from being dressed as the famous model? I found the invitation but just wasted a lot of time realizing if you don't start out wearing the suit there is no way to use it. Are there any other ways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
I'm just on to Italy now, I'm enjoying the game but it gets a bit tedious for me trying to figure stuff out on my own. A lot of wandering around and waiting around. I think i'll use the tips and markers from now on because the time consuming aspect outweighs the thrill of discovery a bit. Maybe for the remaining levels i'll do the first run through blind then get the hints for all the different things you can do. How did everyone else play it?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
So I get to the lab in Italy after dealing with the 2 targets, find a computer saying the lab scientist with the access thing went to church, okay cool i'll go find them in the church, having a good ol time here, walk all the way to the church but no sign of any scientist. I guess they go there earlier in the mission? Before I could possibly have found the note to go there. Well...thanks for wasting my time game I guess. A clue which is entirely useless by the time you find it. There certainly are some questionable design choices here.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Pretty sure that scientist stays put, but they aren't in the main church building. I don't remember what the clue you read says. That said, there's at least three other ways to accomplish what you need her access thing for anyway.

Replaying missions multiple times is one of the cornerstones of Hitman's design, you aren't supposed to know everything on your first playthrough.

How are you meant to know an oppurtunity will only be useful next time you play it. You get to the lab, read a note saying the technician GONE TO CHURCH so you go to the church but she is not there or anywhere nearby. No sign of her or nothing. So a total waste of time looking around for nothing. Totally unsatisfying. She had already been and returned to the lab by the time you could reasonably expect to reach the lab. Well you can to the church earlier next time. Fantastic. Poor design is all that is. I understand opportunities can be missed and all that but the game shouldn't mislead like that.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Lobok posted:

If you discover an Opportunity and go to the details it'll say whether it has passed. Depending on your HUD options it'll also say "opportunity updated" or "missed" up in the top-left corner as events play out or certain characters die.

In this case it seemed it was just "intel" and oppurtunity discovered did not come up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
So i've been casually making my way through the game and enjoying it well enough but Bangkok has removed my enthusiasm a bit, any tips for a good first time play through this level. Where the good opportunities are and whatnot?