Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I beat every single mission in Hitman 2 with a Silent Assassin rating on my original Xbox and it literally broke the game. The score counter was all hosed up and was a negative number.

Hitman owns but I'm going to wait until it's a complete game before purchasing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I bought this during the Playstation Black Friday sale. I was originally waiting for the physical version but I had 20 dollars PSN store credit and the price + the additional discount made getting the full version of this game for $7 a no-brainer.

Really glad I did. This is the best Hitman game they've ever done - and I've played 'em all. I really enjoy every single location (even weaker stuff like Marakesh) and usually get a Silent Assassin my first time through the level - which is super fun because even with opportunities set to minimum and the map off, the game gives you plenty of clues, hints, and ways into the level.

Also I love the optional challenges and remixes. Night-time Marakesh and Sapenzia were a hoot. There's so much variety and so much to learn about each map and each challenge - and tons of supported ways to apply it, too!

The highest praise I can give is that I'm going to pay full price for Season 2 no problem. I'm really surprised this isn't on more people's radar.

Also, I've only done two ET's and whiffed SA on both but they are an absolute loving blast. Really has the ultimate Hitman feel.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Well, I can only speak anecdotally, but none of my friends gave a rat's rear end about this until I brought up that it's a strong GOTY contender.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Next time you laugh about 47's disguises, take a look at this photo from Trump's latest meeting.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I got all the Sniper challenges except for Over-Scoped in one single mission! drat I feel good.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Mzbundifund posted:

Does Overscoped not count targets killed on escalation missions? I've definitely killed more than 10.

You gotta do 10 different targets. Killing the same poor bastard over and over counts as one.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

KillHour posted:

So for someone that always loved the old Hitman games and related non-linear Hallmarks like Thief and DX, I should pick this up?

Yes, it's very very very good and exactly what Hitman "should" be - a huge sandbox of scripted stuff that you poke and pry at until you've come up with an elaborate way to explode the target in a grisly accident in full view of his entire security staff.

Oh and you'll occasionally load up a level and just butcher everyone.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

KillHour posted:

So freaking good.

I'm genuinely glad the recommendations paid off for you. Have fun!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It's sad because you can watch all the videos for each Elusive Target from the menus, but of course you can't do the missions.

I really like that the Elusive Targets are time-limited but I wouldn't mind them returning in a year or so, maybe not unlocking anything but still available to murderize. Call them something different, like Unique Targets, in order to distinguish them from the other guys.

Edit: Oh yeah also I bought the full game for Black Friday, very happy with it. Worth every penny.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I didn't realize until after the fact how risky this method actually was. Whatever, I am going to play it off as being extremely brave. SASO ET kill in around 3 minutes.

https://youtu.be/AU7w6QIDeLw

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

There's an Escalation in Paris that involves the Vampire Magician, recommend checking that out. Can't remember the name but the very first level has you in the cape so it's pretty easy to find.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

poptart_fairy posted:

47 is a terrible character but an absolutely amazing straight man.

He's a great character in my game. Super-professional and quite the prankster.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Here's my final ranking for all levels:

Paris 5/5
Sapienza 5/5
Hokkaido 4.5/5
Bangkok 4/5
Colorado 4/5
Marrakesh 3.5/5

I honestly feel they succeeded at pretty much every level to varying degrees with the exception of Marrakesh, which simply does not feel like a real place but rather 4 distinct little sections (market + protest, tunnels, school, embassy) all roughly joined together. I came to appreciate it - I had fun with the escalations - but it is definitely the weakest of all the locations, feels the least organic and "real" and had an extremely frustrating first-time play-through flow, in part because of how well-observed and covered everything was. Keeping the targets completely separated in their own little boxes (save for an encounter that could be engineered) worked far better in Bangkok.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 3, 2017

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Tainen posted:

I actually really liked Marrakesh and thought the challenges were really fun. I especially really liked the one where you had to get the two targets to meet in the tunnel. It was fun sprinting from the school to the embassy to get on the phone before the first guy left the meeting spot.

I do too, I just think it's the least successful of all the levels. I hope they drop some more Escalations on it that take advantage of it's unique features because the Gilded Cage mission feels the weakest of all the story missions. I know people are rather contentious on Colorado but overall I felt it worked as a cohesive whole despite being overly-secured and that's what gave it the edge over Marrakesh.

Edit: There was a level in Silent Assassin that took place in Moscow and had 47 stalked by a fellow clone, it was short and sweet but I really want to see that concept make a return. A fellow Hitman on the job that you have to either out-compete or neutralize. I know there are Stalkers in some of the Escalations and would like to see them do something more with that kind of "free agent" AI.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 3, 2017

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

GotLag posted:

Did you mean Bangkok?

No, my version takes place in Bangladesh where you have to assassinate Mordan Moss and Ben "The Dick" Gorgon.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Xtanstic posted:

This is my one wish and something I miss dearly. Blood Money FBI house was the best for going maximum rambo.

Hokkaido morgue -> Operating Theater is pretty drat great.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

double nine posted:

the bodies'll get discovered though. I'm talking finding a way to murder both without witnesses and with enough time to hide the bodies. And no KOs. It is probably impossible but I'm asking anyway.

Isn't there a part where you can separate Victor from his bodyguard with a bump for just long enough to get him out of his line of sight to stick him with a syringe? Then hit him with Emetic, drown him, stash body. Done.

(assuming I'm not full of poo poo)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Mzbundifund posted:

There's an escalation mission where you can get the double snipe. I'm sorry I don't remember what it's called, but it's the one where you have to kill a gardener, the golf coach, and a mansion guard.

I kind of get the joke of the Escalation names, but it does make it extremely hard for most players to remember them apart. I can't remember the Didgeridoo Gambit from the Xylophone Mysterium or w/e

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

If you shoot the guard who compliments 47's tux, calls him James Bond, and drops a friendly request to go get a martini somewhere else, you are a monster.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Enter A World of Being Accidently Priced at the Self-Checkout Counter

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Dude, 00.47! ;)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I gotta say, the Bangkok poisoning of Jordan Cross's birthday cake is some dark poo poo. He realizes he's been poisoned and dies thinking his father did it. Brutal.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

My goodness. Assassinating somebody at Comic-Con. That would be really incredible.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Has there been an office location in any of the previous games? One or two floors around the upper third of an office building where there could conceivably be VIP's, but low enough that it's not just executive offices seems like a good setting.

There's the one with the Heaven and Hell party going in Blood Money.

See, that's what they need. Regular spaces but crazy poo poo going on in them. That's the best kind of Hitman level IMO.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Nice of them to release the soundtrack for free. I wish that was standard for video games. I remember being pleasantly surprised when Silent Hill 3 included the soundtrack in the case at release. I hope that Hitman announcement trailer music is on there.

The E3 trailer music? That would be great!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

That's a great song, but no. The music in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVqxMCZ3u6k

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

They actually addressed the blood thing in the stream, they said that it would be quite complicated to address. The NPC would have to go get a janitorial staff member, have them clean it up, if no janitors nearby they would have to get cleaning equipment...actually seemed like kind of a pain in the rear end for them tbh.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I like the idea of Pro Mode but the one save sorta destroys it. Should have (number of targets) + 1.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yeah, I think Pro mode isn't for me. The lack of saving and tiny, tiny margins for error are really bad. There's good repetition and bad repetition and it's pretty bad.

I'm glad they released it though. Neat. Fun for the ultra-super-hardcore. Wish you could save more.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

AdmiralViscen posted:

I'm level 19 on Hokkaido and running out of the easier challenges. I'd easily be done already but both emetic syringe and emetic food poisoning makes Yuki go to a bathroom and throw up in a garbage can instead of a toilet, which is pretty frustrating. I've also tried to trigger her evacuation but she always just goes into her room instead of going in the cable car where I can get the challenge for dropping it.

Any tips for either of those?

Meet Yuki as the Director. Take her out to the cable car. Yap a bit. When she turns around, instead of pushing her off the balcony, bean her with a soda can. Walk away. After a minute or two the guards will discover her unconscious body, wake her up, and she'll immediately get put in the trolley. You know what to do.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Snuffman posted:

I can't poison his good AS a chef because the chef nearest the food can see through my disguise.

The chef at the bar occasionally walks around the corner and looks down the stairs into the kitchen. That's your chance.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

IO should rename her from "The Warlord" to "The Fortune Teller".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wii8DbKWnW4

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Boiled Water posted:

In an effort to get the winter coat at a reasonable pace I've resorted to using the fail-proof mrfreeze guides for SA elusive targets.

I got the coat and I've done everything native. It takes me a long time though (about 3 hours per ET)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Just chiming in to say don't poison the male surgeon after the 'big' conversation, you will get caught. I did.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Drunken Baker posted:

God, I still dream about an actual Hitman level set in a wrestling arena. Make it a house show/rehearsal or something to prevent the stands from being too packed and so the mark has a bit of a loop. Think of all the tinkering for the accident kills via the pyro or *fake* props. Dress up as the opponent and actually kill the other dude in the ring. Sniping. Dropping lights from the rafters.

Then go after the muscle obsessed CEO in the backstage. Approach him in just your undies and he'll want to see you work out those glutes in private. Oh my!

Make it luchadors and you've got a deal.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The new Elusive Target really didn't work for me. It took me a long time to find him, it took me a decent amount of time to distract his tail, and then the dude bugged out and wouldn't go through the basement. So I ended up sniping the speaker from the Pile Barge only to find out that's what everyone did.

I really liked the concept A LOT but the execution sucked.

Does anyone have a video of helping the dude succeed at his mission/interview so I can see what I missed?

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 12, 2017

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

My god if Assassin's Creed-style "blend with AI" multiplayer made it into this game I would flip the heck out.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I can't imagine Season 2 was going to take even 1/3rd the budget of Season 1. What a disgusting waste. This game did everything right and nobody showed up.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The issue here is that this was the absolute worst time to cancel the game.

All the R&D is done, they've got a bunch of institutional knowledge on how the levels work and what players are doing, the game is stable, the tools are mature.

And they have no idea how many people have lost track of the franchise, how evangelical their base could be if the game's existence was truly on the line, how Hitman Season 2 announcements could drive sales of Hitman Season 1, no pre-sells, no nothing.

Hitman has not been in the media for months, the disc-based release had zero press. It it just an awful time to cancel it. Even previewing Season 2 and kindling player interest could have helped them divest from the property by showing that they failed to connect with the audinece. I guess they really believed nobody cares about this game. I simply can't accept that, two people I showed the game to bought copies. It is a good, fun game that is a blast to mess around in and has lots of content.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Sankis posted:

The best case scenario (for us) we can hope for right now is that someone picks up IO and is able to convince Square-Enix to license out Hitman to them so work can continue. This is probably a terrible idea businesswise, though. What company is going to want to pay millions for a studio and then just use them to promote someone else's intellectual property?

They would also get rights to Season 1, I imagine.

I mean, it's total wishful thinking. drat near fan-fiction. But I can see a SLIVER of hope that Hitman 2016, the Hitman IP, and IO all get bought up by another company and re-promoted and Season 2 gets greenlit.

Square dropped the ball here. Hard.

Is it likely that Hitman continues? Absolutely not. But stranger things have happened...