Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable
Do unlocks from the S1 levels carry over to the new ones immediately and if so, is there a list of these and what I need to do to unlock them? I started playing yesterday and I'm planning on working my way through all the new stuff before going back to explore the old levels again but I might unlock a few choice gadgets from S1 if they give me more options earlier on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable

ymgve posted:

Agent 47, your destination is the Bellingshausen Station. Your target is Oleg Beloguzov, a man who has spent years tormenting his coworkers by revealing the ending of books they were reading. Welcome....to Antarctica.

(Sadly not a real game level, though a real event, but I think something like a polar base would be an interesting location)

Oh my god, a DLC level set during the Antarctic winter that is basically The Thing but with a tall bald man with a knack for disguise instead of a shape shifting alien would be perfect.

Has anyone got a reliable method for taking out Sierra Knox without a disguise? Trying to get SASO out of the way early. I can take out Robert no problem by clambering up the drainpipe to the satellite dish, shooting the laptop, distracting his bodyguard with a well placed gun, then knocking him out and flinging his body off the roof but I haven't found a reliable way to tackle Sierra.

The first run I did I managed to fling a propane flask onto the track then shoot it as she passed but I've tried it a ton of times since and just can't figure out how I did it. Every other option I've found either requires a specific outfit to set up or seems to need a crazy amount of luck.

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable

The Narrator posted:

You'll have to wait, but I feel like you could sabotage the pyro without needing a disguise?

Yeah, I did manage to do that, but she doesn't go to the podium unless the other guy loses which I've only managed to do using the race marshall disguise.

Didn't know you could just straight up shoot her. I had assumed a car riddled with bullet holes would count against SA.

Edit: I did see the satellite dish method but he doesn't seem to go to the edge at least when I shot the laptop. Not sure if it's the shooting or a timing thing. I did wonder about whether manually dumping him over would do it too but getting the timing right would be tough if you can.

Holistic Detective fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Nov 19, 2018

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable
I haven't really encountered it yet, but guards can now see you in mirrors right? Has anyone tested whether this is still the case whilst wearing Paris's vampire magician costume? I haven't had a chance to test it but I really hope they can't.

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable

Holistic Detective posted:

I haven't really encountered it yet, but guards can now see you in mirrors right? Has anyone tested whether this is still the case whilst wearing Paris's vampire magician costume? I haven't had a chance to test it but I really hope they can't.

Just in case anyone else was wondering, after extensive testing in Dalia Margolis' bathroom, I can confirm guards will indeed see you in the mirror even in the vampire magician costume. :(

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable
Speaking of changes, does anyone know what the gently caress they did to sniper rifles? I've just been going back through Paris and ticking off some challenges. I just did sniper assassin on master and it was a total nightmare. I tried doing it the way I did it when I first played through it in S1. Snag the fireworks trigger, make my way to the barge and shoot Dalia and Viktor when they come out to watch and make my way to the helicopter to escape.

When I did it back in 2016 I was using an unsilenced rifle and the guards around the entrance to the barge came to investigate the noise forcing me to sneak around them to escape but I managed it. This time, despite using the silenced rifle from the Marrakesh escalation the second I went up the stairs from the barge every guard in the area opened fire on me. There was no indication that I had been spotted and nobody tried coming to investigate when I loitered on a second attempt in the hope that I could sneak around them again. As soon as I left though I was again gunned down.

I tried heading upstairs with the rifle instead (I do love the return of the briefcase) and sniped Dalia through the window in the room next to the balcony she goes to for champagne. I dropped the rifle literally as soon as I took the shot and sprinted out the door leading to the stairs but again every guard was immediaty hostile. It can't be that they heard the shot since I screwed up and missed once, breaking the window to no reaction, or that they saw the corpse or were alerted by another guard since I was out of the room before the body hit the ground practically.

In the end I did it in the stupidest possible manner, poisoning them both with rat poison and shooting them in the back at point blank range in the bathroom which inexplicably didn't draw any attention even from the guard directly outside.

Am I missing something obvious, has anyone done this the "proper" way or are sniper rifles genuinely hosed on the S1 levels? I did the master sniper assassin challenge on Miami with no major difficulty before I even unlocked the silenced one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holistic Detective
Feb 2, 2008

effing the ineffable
edit: ^^^ Pretty sure that was Contracts

Jack Trades posted:

I did exactly that, on Master difficulty just a couple of days ago and nobody noticed me.
Either you accidentally got hit by a nasty bug or you hosed something up but it's definitely still possible to do sneaky Sniper Assassin stuff.

Huh, weird, maybe I'll give it another shot. Kinda proud of the rear end-backward way I ended up doing it though, even if it was a lot more work.

Holistic Detective fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 26, 2018