Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Is there a trick to the cheevo for shooting novikov on the runway? I clearly plugged him with the 5mm in the head, get the ballistic kill msg but nothing happened :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
dang how big is the wickerman aoe? and through the wall too?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
man I have been playing too much HITMAN, I just imagined Diana saying "Welcome to DC 47"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
rip me

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I think they should just release them all over again on the exact same dates every year so that as season 2-? progresses they can have content fresh again for new players that got season 1 on sale or people who screwed them up the first time.

it would make sense, all the people buying physical copies would be getting a chance (and noobs like me a second chance)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/superdeluxe/status/822248617775747072

so much for that SA tho smh

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

poptart_fairy posted:

My partner will be devastated 47 loses his "kangaroo pouch".

rip max bricks run in marrakech

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
re: embassy

what was the reason anyway for all the chaos in the back, why is there all that paper strewn around? at first I thought someone was shreddering compromising evidence, but that doesn't check out

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah coins combined with blocking models after him to isolate him is OP, you only have to take care of the one waiter (obv also with coins)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Has anyone actually found a good use for the sedative poison?

I got frustrated on House of Sand, because I'm a bad sniper. So I sedated the pipe and sniped them both from point blank :v:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Hitman 2 will break my "Remember, No Preorders" rule.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tippis posted:

You only need to SASO once…

harsh but fair

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mondian posted:

Also explosions solve a lot of problems.

during one early sapienza run I didn't take coins, reasoning I could always just throw the golfball to get someone's attention

solved two elite guards and a closed door that way

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Roughly how much longer is left on this ET? Not sure when I'll get a few spare hours.

roughly three days

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

double nine posted:

I don't see how this one is possible without subduing a whole heap of npcs first.

ah, so a non-lethal version of The Usual?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Discendo Vox posted:

Absolutely. Aside from Colorado, I always go for SASO first on every map, pro or not.

when you think about it, going loud in colorado really should be a challenge or escalation

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lobok posted:

In my quest for more trophies I've started to do Escalations and so far they're pretty fun. I love the names of them, too. Just ridiculous Robert Ludlum gibberish.

I think someone said upthread that they were good practice for ETs and I'm definitely feeling that. So far the lack of save isn't a big deal since I've only started doing Escalations for the training yacht and so restarting takes so little time but I can see how it will get frustrating on bigger and more complex levels.

btw if you get bored/frustrated check out the featured contratcs, some fun and easier stuff in there too

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
had to eat the SA because the doc stopped going into the garden, was waiting like 30 minutes and what feels like a billion cycles :mad:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you know, with the weird blue gloves he kinda reminds me of the scientist victim from the trailer, although that was sapienza

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
give everyone some tasty peaches :3:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I hope it was like me "What If I Go Loud?" and then you have fun trying to go loud for the next two hours.

Did I say I love this game?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Wandle Cax posted:

Maybe for the remaining levels i'll do the first run through blind then get the hints for all the different things you can do. How did everyone else play it?
That's exactly how I roll, first time in a level is magic imo.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zaffy posted:

Airstrikes are only accident kills if your target is in a school house.

hokly poo poo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Fat Samurai posted:

What's the recommendation here? Go through the stages as they are available or stick around for a bit, mastering stuff to unlock fun toys?

do whatever is the most fun, i.e. gorge on Paris and Sapienza, get desillusioned by Marrakech and Bankog, don't "get" Colorado until you get it after playing all the other things, fall in love with Hokkaido

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
got noticed shooting the extinguisher, had to go loud, got cornered and died :/

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StrixNebulosa posted:

I just did the Adrian eclipse final mission, and as I was exiting through the basement exit the mission failed because I didn't have the pistol equipped. I was holding it as I left the level! :argh:

:rip:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a good repository of goon-made contracts?

yes: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763748&userid=30283

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zaffy posted:

I used to rage against the DRM machine, but I've got 358 hours in Hitman and have had litterally one issue, and it was early on when Sapienza was brand new. I can't speak for Ubisoft though.

same

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

I just finished up the last of the Sapienza Escalations but it seems my Chameleon challenge is no longer listed as complete, but I know I've had it before. Man I don't want to have to hunt my way through disguises again. :cripes:

murder, you murder your way through disguises

and you will be creative

:getin:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoaDebK9-9I

This is a prime example of how absurdly beautiful this game is. :allears:

ah, the malkavian mod for hitman

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah running a level for the fst time, without opportunities and challenges, is magical

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you could also have concurrent assassinations, like two players doing escalations and crossing paths in one map (taking the best disguises away, going accidentally loud and loving the other over etc.)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Azuth0667 posted:

Is the colorado mission supposed to be a spoof of the crazy rednecks that took over a bird sanctuary in oregon?

yes, and similar militias obviously

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Final Test: If you turn the power off to the porjector while the General and Knight are entering the room to discuss the slides you just placed there, the General will turn it on while Knight fiddles with the electronics, shocking him to death.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

frenton posted:

I really hope one of the final two elusive targets is in Hokkaido. I missed the surgeons one and the bathrobe is the only suit I don't have.

Speaking of suits, did they patch the default Summer suit on Sapienza to not have sunglasses on? I could've sworn he always wore glasses but now he only wears them on the variant with gloves.

yeah that got patched, shame kinda

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
oh god dammit

also lol

where the red fern gropes posted:

Good morning, 47.

Your targets are Yosuke Matsuda and Kazuharu Watanbe...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
wait this means if I want all the upgrades I need to actually complete professional mode, too

:stonk::fh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Boiled Water posted:

You know those people who were let go from IO Interactive? Turns out it's not a small bit of firing, but 40% of their staff.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Nakar posted:

This is my route with a couple refinements by GuLe, who with the same route has 1:37:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJivE8Lziks

that start :aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kin posted:

I've just started playing the latest hitman and managed to finally get through club 27. Are the last 2 levels just as painful as that one or is that peak difficulty for the game?

It just felt so restrictive and obtuse compared to the first levels.

it gets harder, but in other and better ways

imo club 27 was the low point together with marrakech