Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

MadJackMcJack posted:

I've noticed that the flood lights in the crew area of the Paris map no longer electrocute people. Is this happening for anybody else?

I noticed that too. I tried to do the Puddle Pile thing two weeks ago but it wouldn't work (I assume in response to the youtube video). The one near the outdoor bar area still works though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

On the one hand, I am so glad they undid every mistake made with Absolution and brought it back to Blood Money gameplay that I don't want them to screw it up again.
On the other hand, it's has so much more potential that I hope they start taking chances with stuff like a Spy gametype or a multiplayer Hitman vs Target Who Has Certain Goals To Complete mode.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Ugh I like the idea of elusive targets but they are really just frustrating for idiots like me. Tried to find Busey last night but only found Cole, so I tried again today. First three mansion guards I came across shot the piss out of me and I couldn't quit in time :qq:

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Grabbed the egg, and then electrocuted myself to death trying to set up an accident. :negative:

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Is that helicopter always there?! I've literally never noticed it. I've played this game for like a bajillion hours and I'm still finding new poo poo, but usually it's not something flying above my head.

I'm sorry for ever doubting the episodic release schedule.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I only played Blood Money and Absolution; I know this takes place before them, but am I expected to know the backstory before coming into this game and that's why I don't know what the hell is going on? Or is it covering all the necessary bases and I'm just not paying attention/eavesdropping on the right people?

Like, I know 47 is a clone, but I feel like even that hasn't been explicitly stated yet in this game.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

He obviously works the night shift, no need to make his job worse. Though it I were him and I woke up to find out that the day crew let the four leaders get murdered in broad daylight with no evidence, i don't know if that would make me feel better about my guarding abilities or nervous about what's gonna happen at night...

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I love that he got the cops on him for putting money down.

When I saw that, I thought "what a funny glitch, I wonder why the NPCs were mad at him."

I tried it myself, and at first they didn't care, but after around the third or fourth coin, the same thing happened. It was hilarious. I wonder how much he plays to get good content

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

I just started Marrakesh and jesus this map is huge. It just feels so impossible at this point :( This is the first level I'm playing with map assist turned off. I still have Hitman vision turned on, but I'm not using the "Opportunities" thing this time.

I've been playing that level since it came out and I still get lost, especially in the bazaar.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

What are the CX Demo blocks for? Are they just larger explosions? That makes the proximity one seem kinda pointless.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

dc3k posted:

drat, figured out an easy way to get the ninja challenge in Hokkaido. Was hoping I would get SA/SO at the same time, but didn't get an achievement for suit only :(

Go on...

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

SA'd by poisoning the caviar; didn't unlock Terminus, but I DID unlock the Blood Money suit, even though it was only my seventh Elusive Target to kill...

Edit: technically it was my tenth to kill, but seventh to actually complete. I died after killing three of them.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Wait how did he get another Fortune Teller costume? Doe the Fortune Teller pull out another one if he gets woken up naked or is there another one on the map that I don't know about?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

PantsBandit posted:

Finished Hokkaido last night and, with that, another Hitman game is done. Now I get to go back and gently caress around with the levels :evil:

I put about 30 minutes into Sapienza last night, just screwing around and exploring. New things I found:

There's a bodyguard chilling on a bench that you can lure to a nearby room (need the lockpick) for easy access to the mansion

City hall seems like a lot of wasted space with an ice cream shop and offices with no apparent purpose?

The bohemian disguise and joint is amazing

Because those offices are so pointless, I didn't discover the bohemian home until playing The Icon. I couldn't believe it had been there the whole time.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Thats a top-view of a guy falling into the pit from Temple of Doom.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Nakar posted:

On console you'll need to still have Hitman 2016 installed and log into it again to verify everything.

Ugh I just uninstalled that last night.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

My first run of Santa Fortuna was really rough, I woke up two of the band members and had the disguise for the third, but couldn't find the fourth. Ended up getting the tattoo artists' disguise and killed the main guy that way, and then finally found the last band member. Turns out the lady will still give the intro speech, wait for about a minute (I thought my game was frozen), and then say "hmm I guess he's busy oh well" and nothing happens. I wasted like an hour trying to find the whole band, cursing this level and expecting that she'd just pull the statue down instead. :doh:

Felt good to get it to work the next playthrough and kill everyone else with loud guns and explosives. Definitely not my favorite level but maybe I'll warm up to it. Lol @ the bartender seeing through the drummer disguise better than his own bandmates though.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

In Colombia can you push the statue so it kills both people or just one of them? I’ve tried timing it when Rico walks by but got nothing.

Pennfalath posted:

When they are both on stage, wait until he gets angry because there is no drummer. The moment she turns to walk to the other part of the stage, drop the statue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

It had a fish in it.