Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Supplanter posted:

I loved assembling that sniper rifle, so I went through each stage looking for a practical reason to use it. The only stage I found where you can use the sniper rifle to get silent assassin and it isn't more difficult than fiber wire or silenced pistol is House of Cards. From the German guy's apartment you can snipe the person who inspects the package through his window. You may or may not also be able to snipe the person you meet when you drop off the package (Mohammad Bin Faisal Al-Khalifa according to Hitman wiki!), I always fiber wired him. I think you had to save the sniping for last, or it would screw up the trade.

You could snipe the Shiek from the balcony looking down on the rear outside area. He would walk out here to take a phone call at some point. And I think the seller could also be shot in his hotel room same as the inspector.

It was hard to get silent assassin on most others with the sniper rifle though. It was easy to use for no witnesses but generally always left the body being detected.

Blood Money was so good in letting you try out loads of different playstyles. I got Absolution recently in the sales forgetting how it was received and it has been a disappointment. The scoring system seems to penalise you for trying styles besides Silent Assassin.
It has got me back into Blood Money again. I just completed the game trying a much more violent play through than I would usually. Finally made use of the silent M4 and completed a series of silent blood baths.

Marenghi fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

pnutz posted:

the problem with the inspector was that someone eventually came into that room to check up on him, so you had to scramble to the escape point before you got rumbled. This even happened if you pulled the fire alarm, someone would eventually walk in wondering why he wasn't running out with the rest of them

I can't remember if it got me a Silent Assassin rating but I managed to bomb him and escape with no witnesses or bodies found.
Kill the German and sneak a silenced pistol into the meeting as him. Replace the pistol from the briefcase with a mine. Make the exchange and while the courier is bringing the briefcase with the explosive to the inspector, it was possible to headshot the sitting sheik from an angle that he wouldn't be alarmed.

Then it's just a matter of casually walking to the exit and waiting for the bomb to go off.